[Q] Unlock S3 mini without knowing the network provider

Search This thread

Tom78

Oct 18, 2007
Wellington,NZ
Hi Guys

I've bought a S3 mini on amazon.com which should be an unlocked international version. Unfortunately, the phone turned out to be locked and when I put a sim card in it, it asks for a network unlock code. Normally I would send it back but I have bought it while in US and now I will be pain in the ass to send it back. As the phone came as unlocked and without any service provider info. Therefore i don't know what network it belong to. I know that it is possible to identify the phone origin by the numbers in the about screen but that is all I know.

So I'm asking if anyone of you guys know how to unlock this phone? Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Tom78

Oct 18, 2007
Wellington,NZ
the phone is from Venezuela

Hi Guys

I've bought a S3 mini on amazon.com which should be an unlocked international version. Unfortunately, the phone turned out to be locked and when I put a sim card in it, it asks for a network unlock code. Normally I would send it back but I have bought it while in US and now I will be pain in the ass to send it back. As the phone came as unlocked and without any service provider info. Therefore i don't know what network it belong to. I know that it is possible to identify the phone origin by the numbers in the about screen but that is all I know.

So I'm asking if anyone of you guys know how to unlock this phone? Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

I've done some digging and the phone is from Venezuela:

Model: GT-I8190L
Model name: GALAXY S III mini
Version: Android 4.1.2
Changelist: 1346193
Build date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:07:20 +0000
Product Code: VMT
PDA: I8190LUBAMH1
CSC: I8190LTFGANC2
MODEM: I8190LUBAMH1

if I would flash a custom rom e.g :cm11.0_golden.nova.20140617.ODIN_TWRP would that unlock the phone?

janjevac

Oct 30, 2011
Zagreb
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
How?

How did you dig out network information? I have bought s3 mini on ebay, and after software update my phone is locked.
I can't purchase unlock code because i don't know what network it's locked on. No reply from seller.
Please help!
THX

I've done some digging and the phone is from Venezuela:

Model: GT-I8190L
Model name: GALAXY S III mini
Version: Android 4.1.2
Changelist: 1346193
Build date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:07:20 +0000
Product Code: VMT
PDA: I8190LUBAMH1
CSC: I8190LTFGANC2
MODEM: I8190LUBAMH1

if I would flash a custom rom e.g :cm11.0_golden.nova.20140617.ODIN_TWRP would that unlock the phone?