On a scale of 1-10, how hard did we get screwed by LG?

Search This thread

knotes

Dec 10, 2012
Markham
Granted but he shouldn't really be complaining about the price of a phone he bought a year ago and using all this time, he should pay the price of when he started using it, not how much it's worth a year later, it's really just a selfish attitude

Oh yeah I agree with that, I'm totally pro-wind, I was just mentioning that three year tabs exist. Lol I've already convinced 4 people to switch to wind and one more is in the process.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Pain-N-Panic

alexbevi

Nov 28, 2011
Ajax
Granted but he shouldn't really be complaining about the price of a phone he bought a year ago and using all this time, he should pay the price of when he started using it, not how much it's worth a year later, it's really just a selfish attitude

I don't disagree that I'm being selfish. If I'd grabbed a Nexus S at the time instead of the P999, I'd be running cm 10.2 happily (though I'm sure I'd find something to ***** about :p). I also don't think these manufacturers have to support all devices forever. They want us to buy the latest and greatest all the time.

I'm just sore that this device, which had a lot of promise, really saw almost no love from LG. If they had at least updated it to ICS, the *****ing would be substantially less (especially since the phone came out in 2011 and ICS came out in 2012).

Since this thread exists, obviously others have an issue with this phone's lack of support from LG, but nothing's going to change (we could always sign online petitions .. oh wait :p). I'm just going to ride out the last year with this phone as an MP3 player.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I bought this phone when it first came out.. So I know all the trouble we had with support for LG. T-Mobile gave us GB because they wanted to keep customers happy and I hated that LG took off the LG camera for stock camera. When I had this phone a friend from tmobile got a GB test build the week after the released of the phone with LG camera in it.., After several months they push the ota without that camera. My friend said the that build was very very buggy. LG has never ever mention something about the support of the device and NVIDIA was close source!!!! What pissed me off is that I loved the phone I would get it back if I get a good deal but as far as development no... Back in the day we made a thread on Tweeter so LG/NVIDIA would open their eyes.. Even tmobile stop giving us warranty exchanged because of the fact that LG didnt even wanted to fix their bugs neither wanted to let other developers fix it... This was the first and last LG phone I ever had.... And because of my experience with this phone I will not get another LG phone no matter how good it is... That new LG G2 is out of my list of phones. Sure it looks amazing but sad that it was made by LG... So I give this rank 100 LG screwed this device big time... Even the Optimus 2x got official ICS and this one didnt. Oh and I would never get another phone that have a NVIDIA processor in it either. The only LG phone i would consider is Nexus and thats because I know that LG have no mouth in it and Google is who takes over everything.

sapphous

Mar 13, 2012
Fairfax, VA

9. To not even give an ICS update is inexcusable, especially given that this was a flagship, spec-pushing phone when it came out; and to just ignore your userbase as they repeatedly petition you year after year for the most basic updates or the tools necessary to update it themselves... It's just awful. Not quite a 10, because at least it ran GB and wasn't intentionally locked as a measure against independent development, and at least it's a good machine--it has its quirks, but mine, at least, is still going strong after two years, ignoring the bugs LG has made inescapable for community-developed mods. Even today not everyone has a phone they can shove a playstation emulator onto and play through all four disks of FF9 without issue or lag! I've had a good time with this machine--thanks to its hardware specs and the ceaseless efforts of the devs here. But if LG had just bothered to provide the most basic updates, which even total crap phones all around are getting, or had made the faintest effort, alongside NVidia, to work with their user community on the driver issue--if any of that had happened, I wouldn't be counting the paychecks until I can drop a few hundred on a new device, and I wouldn't have had to deal with hideous bugs and nasty workarounds on every single ROM I've used for the past two years. No one's owed any special treatment by LG, but if you produce and advertise a high-quality computing device and you keep all the crucial code secret, you can't just abandon your customers and not bother to provide any updates afterwards; it's especially galling to watch the P990 community enjoying an utterly different situation with respect to its baseband, while we all sit here, stuck.

K.wayne_m3

Feb 12, 2011
"It's vanilla android. Vanilla android always gets updates faster than other phones with branded U.I." I got 2 updates in 2 years. Nvidia tegra never again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel0fDeath

felixjohan

Jun 1, 2013
Santo Domingo
I've reading this and All what I can say is LG oficial ics really sucks and lags like hell. I have the LG lucid vs840 with dual core 1.2GHz and 1gb of ram but trust me I really prefer the optimus 2x than my phone:/ we don't have development and the ICS bootloader can't be unlocked, We need to downgrade to GB to have recovery but there's only 1 Rom and have tons of bugs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

9. To not even give an ICS update is inexcusable, especially given that this was a flagship, spec-pushing phone when it came out; and to just ignore your userbase as they repeatedly petition you year after year for the most basic updates or the tools necessary to update it themselves... It's just awful. Not quite a 10, because at least it ran GB and wasn't intentionally locked as a measure against independent development, and at least it's a good machine--it has its quirks, but mine, at least, is still going strong after two years, ignoring the bugs LG has made inescapable for community-developed mods. Even today not everyone has a phone they can shove a playstation emulator onto and play through all four disks of FF9 without issue or lag! I've had a good time with this machine--thanks to its hardware specs and the ceaseless efforts of the devs here. But if LG had just bothered to provide the most basic updates, which even total crap phones all around are getting, or had made the faintest effort, alongside NVidia, to work with their user community on the driver issue--if any of that had happened, I wouldn't be counting the paychecks until I can drop a few hundred on a new device, and I wouldn't have had to deal with hideous bugs and nasty workarounds on every single ROM I've used for the past two years. No one's owed any special treatment by LG, but if you produce and advertise a high-quality computing device and you keep all the crucial code secret, you can't just abandon your customers and not bother to provide any updates afterwards; it's especially galling to watch the P990 community enjoying an utterly different situation with respect to its baseband, while we all sit here, stuck.
    Its all because of the tegra 2 chip, it was no longer supported by them...although samsung still does which is odd and awesome :0 stupid LG... if it had a qualcomm chipset it would still be have support from LG therefore never buy tegra devices lmao:eek::silly:
    10! Terribly mishandled by lg and they wiped their hands clean and pretended phone never existed. Backlight bleeding, major software issues even on gingerbread, yea we all know the potential it had but oh well. Ran with it for two years and glad to have left this junk phone behind

sent from my note taker
    I'm going to say almost no chance off me getting radio to work. I'm being honest.
    I've looked over it, examined it with a few other dev's and a couple programmer friends and everything points that it should work, the only thing we can't look at is the precompiled RIL

That's too bad, but knowing the amount of effort you and others have invested no one will complain (or shouldn't at least :p)

As soon as my contract is up and I can dump this phone without having to pay the remainder of the "Wind tab", I will be glad to move on to something that's NOT an LG product.
    "It's vanilla android. Vanilla android always gets updates faster than other phones with branded U.I." I got 2 updates in 2 years. Nvidia tegra never again.