[Question] Network speed on AT&T network

Search This thread

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I unlocked and flashed alliance ROM on my TMo S5. I set up the APN as per AT&T S5 settings.

Now, though it shows 4G LTE, it still gives me HSPA speeds only. I used to have like 45+ Mbps speeds on my S3 and on my AT&T S5. But on this one I am barely hitting 12 Mbps.

Did anyone get any better speeds than this?

gamenlegend

Jun 19, 2013
Wondering this as well. Copies my friends apn settings from his AT&T Galaxy S5 and after doing a speed test I'm getting roughly 14down and 5up. Then again this is sort of out in the middle of nowhere and not where I live(but it still shows LTE)

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
If you have the modem that comes with the NE5 update, you're gonna have to roll back to the previous one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes I went back to the NCH Modem and got my 30+ down and 10+ up speeds back. If your phone came with the NE5 update then you will get vary low speed this is a bug in the new modem which T-Mobile is aware of and will change. Check out the dev Forum.

Reactions: diablo009

gamenlegend

Jun 19, 2013
Yes I went back to the NCH Modem and got my 30+ down and 10+ up speeds back. If your phone came with the NE5 update then you will get vary low speed this is a bug in the new modem which T-Mobile is aware of and will change. Check out the dev Forum.

I assume you're on AT&T network as well, can you post your APN settings?
The relevant fields on mine are as follows:
APN: phone
mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authetication type: none
APN type: default, mms,supl,hipri,fota

Under about(rooted and on Alliance), baseband shows ANCH.

Reactions: diablo009

gamenlegend

Jun 19, 2013

After returning home and checking LTE in my general living area, my speeds are back up to par. Seeing between 40-50down and 10-15up.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I am on NCH modem. Even the APN settings are the same as mentioned above.

Last edited:

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
When I went out of my home to a busy hub about 2 miles from home, I got 18 down. Looks like modem isn't optimized for at&t networks.

The top result in attachment is 2 miles from my home, and the bottom one when I'm inside my home.

url]

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA premium 4 mobile app.

Last edited:

gamenlegend

Jun 19, 2013
Speeds aren't bad but they could be better. I guess we're stuck on waiting for a better modem that is optimized for them.

byte9

Oct 17, 2012
AT&T

I bought a 900T for use on AT&T, I'm rooted and unlocked and input my APN settings but they won't stick or save. Every time i save them they disappear. Any input?

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Ok. So here it is. After talking to AT&T customer care, and then he fiddling something, I got back close to LTE speeds on my TMo S5. Post screenshot. The top two are the recent ones, AFTER the call, and the rest from BEFORE the call.

Attachments

• 1402344150390.jpg
    1402344150390.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have the modem that comes with the NE5 update, you're gonna have to roll back to the previous one.

I assume you're on AT&T network as well, can you post your APN settings?
    The relevant fields on mine are as follows:
    APN: phone
    mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authetication type: none
    APN type: default, mms,supl,hipri,fota

Under about(rooted and on Alliance), baseband shows ANCH.