[Q] why stock Album Galley of Android is too weak and simple ?

Search This thread

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
hi , i really confused why the album photo gallery of android 4.1 or 4.3 is too basic and have not any setting or advance option !!

i cant sort picture by Date or Folder , there is no tab for separate Video and image

i can use Quickpic but it really question for me why Android developers design Album Gallery Like this !!

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
Simply bcs most users care more for eye candy and lesser for an efficient photo gallery. I mean as long as there are alternatives, why should I complain? I don't depend on my album carrying a Sony logo.

For a 2 weeks journey to China I was given a local Iphone. My world was shattered, I am still devastated how this can be the god that people queue up for @ 4am before the shop opens.

Reactions: Arioman

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
thanks for reply .

you know it`s strange for me more than be have complain

yes of course we can use alternative gallery apps like Quick pic . they fast and with a lot of options and Facilities

but they use a space and Rams . also They add Additional switch ( icon) when we want to select a pic or video

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
snip ...
yes of course we can use alternative gallery apps like Quick pic . they fast and with a lot of options and Facilities

but they use a space and Rams . also They add Additional switch ( icon) when we want to select a pic or video

To my opinion QuickPic is a full replacement, and it needs only 1/8 of the space. Certainly you do need root to reclaim the space. The integration with Android not as perfect as Album, but is good enough, IMO.

There is also the ICS Gallery but it does not necessarily mean better functions.

I as well don't like the current drive to oversimplify and cripple things to such an extend, that they actually get difficult to manage.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
thanks for reply .

you know it`s strange for me more than be have complain

QuickPic hardly uses RAM, is a lot faster, a lot more versatility and options, and if you're really worried about having to press an extra button to open a picture, next time you select a picture or video to be opened, just choose QuickPic (or any other app of your choosing) as default and forget about it.

I'd imagine a stock app doesn't have the full attention of a developer if the same developer is working on the ROM, which is why developers that focus on only one thing or app generally have a better functioning app, such as QuickPic, for instance.

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
QuickPic hardly uses RAM, is a lot faster, a lot more versatility and options, and if you're really worried about having to press an extra button to open a picture, next time you select a picture or video to be opened, just choose QuickPic (or any other app of your choosing) as default and forget about it.

I'd imagine a stock app doesn't have the full attention of a developer if the same developer is working on the ROM, which is why developers that focus on only one thing or app generally have a better functioning app, such as QuickPic, for instance.

With AT's help you may take a look at Albums's details such as Activities, Providers, Receivers, and Services. That may explain where a lot of the attention lies.

I'd also use another camera app. The Sony camera can be on by 3.parties without user knowledge. I am using Open Camera. It's a lot like Album vs. QuickPic.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simply bcs most users care more for eye candy and lesser for an efficient photo gallery. I mean as long as there are alternatives, why should I complain? I don't depend on my album carrying a Sony logo.

For a 2 weeks journey to China I was given a local Iphone. My world was shattered, I am still devastated how this can be the god that people queue up for @ 4am before the shop opens.