Help with bricked Nexus

Search This thread

JeremMM

Jul 25, 2014
My nexus 5 seems to have become hardbricked. I rooted the phone a couple of weeks ago, and installed Xposed, then installed gravity box, xprivacy and appsoppsxposed modules. I hadn't made any changes to the phone in a couple days, and was using stock ROM, android 4.4.4. After using it one night, I woke up the next day to an unresponsive phone. I went through the entire google troubleshooting steps, including trying to boot into fastboot and charging it from a manner of sources including my computer and wall outlet. Despite this, the phone does not respond to any combination of pressing the power buttons and volume buttons. It also does not show up in device manager when plug into my computer, even when attempting to enter fastboot. Since the phone is rooted, is it worth sending it back to google or will they bill me the price of a new phone because I rooted and voided the warranty?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Google is cool about rooting the phone. Also, if it doesn't turn on nobody can tell if it's rooted. It's definitely worth rma'ing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: JeremMM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google is cool about rooting the phone. Also, if it doesn't turn on nobody can tell if it's rooted. It's definitely worth rma'ing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app