[DEV] 09/June v1.8.1.7 - fake-flash by Koush, launching recovery without a PC

Search This thread

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
Using rom manager isn't going to work on the update.zip's I put out because of the location of su. It causes FC. But the instructions for manually getting in to it work perfectly fine. And rom manager itself will work on fresh rom for evo once I release it. Excellent work koush.

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
Using rom manager isn't going to work on the update.zip's I put out because of the location of su. It causes FC. But the instructions for manually getting in to it work perfectly fine. And rom manager itself will work on fresh rom for evo once I release it. Excellent work koush.

It is working fine for me. It FCed the very first time, but after that it just asked for su permissions and installed it. I'm on the very latest OTA.

Auramaster

May 24, 2009
Houston, Texas
I can confirm this works via Rom Manager (Toast's Root w/ Flipz OTA Rom] :)...Except, it doesn't reboot into recovery directly from Rom Manager [Quick Boot doesn't work either]

Still gotta go into bootloader, then recovery... But great news that it works without a PC :D

I think this deserves to be a Sticky :)?

EDIT: Aww no USB MS from recovery, or you can only flash "update".zip files ):

Last edited:

cjacks519

Jul 28, 2007
This might be a silly question, but could the rom that I'm running have anything to do with me getting signature verification errors?

I'm running RvU 1.3.1

What's really weird is that I could get to clockworkmod recovery using this method just fine about 15mins ago with the update.zip I downloaded from Modaco (with no way to select anything without a trackball, of course). Now that I've exchanged the update.zip file for this one it's giving me the sig errors

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.

Oooo so we could be seeing our evos all freshed out here soon

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
This might be a silly question, but could the rom that I'm running have anything to do with me getting signature verification errors?

I'm running RvU 1.3.1

What's really weird is that I could get to clockworkmod recovery using this method just fine about 15mins ago with the update.zip I downloaded from Modaco (with no way to select anything without a trackball, of course). Now that I've exchanged the update.zip file for this one it's giving me the sig errors

It flashed fine for me from a Rom based on rvu 1.3.1

cjacks519

Jul 28, 2007
It flashed fine for me from a Rom based on rvu 1.3.1
Oh man! Sometimes I just wanna slap myself. I figured it out.

I already had ROM manager installed on my phone and wasn't thinking that I needed to update it in order for this to work. Sorry if I alarmed anyone with my silly business

Sporkman

Mar 13, 2009
id like to see the menus cleaned up a bit .. still have to say GREAT F**KING work !

EindhovenOne

Jun 10, 2010
NJ
Amazing. Ridiculous. Amazingly ridiculous. Works perfect. Very very very enthused that I don't need to hover at the PC anymore. Rooted with toast, radio update applied, works great! Awesome job. Repost your donation link ASAP.

KwestJones

Mar 22, 2008
NJ
This will officially be my first purchase from the marketplace. Worked like a charm.

Thank you
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App