[Solved] Sensation won't charge when turned off (not fastboot) after S-Off

Search This thread

sindresv

Jul 26, 2008
Volda
Just rooted my Sensation and everything went just fine. Achived root and all my root apps works. But:

Yesterday I got my Evo 3D battery and to give it the best start possible i turned the phone off (took out the battery and put it back in) to charge it overnight.

When I woke up this morning the phone wouldn't turn on and the led was blinking orange. Luckily I had my old battery so I could just pop that in to get the phone going. Tried to turn the phone completely off with this battery and this won't charge either. Charging will work just fine when the phone is turned on.

Looked over to the Evo 3D forum and there are several users experiencing the same problem.

Anyone got a solution? :)

Solution: Get the new Clockwork Recovery mod- v4.0.1.5

Last edited:

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Same here. Kinda sucks! Hope a fix comes. do you have a link to the thread in the evo 3d section?

Last edited:

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
Might be seeing the same thing on my S-off Bell Sensation when truly off (not just screen off or HTC fastboot off)...will need to do some more testing to see what is going on...

wesleyvdbrink

Apr 14, 2011
Samen here.

Phone is off, light goes orange and after 3 sec it starts flashing orange.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

kingvaj23

Oct 23, 2010
Phoenix, Az
Same here I thought my phone had bricked until it turned on 20min later at0% battery..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

redbullcat

Dec 11, 2010
Hampshire, England
I just flashed the RCMix3D Aztec ROM by capychimp and my Sensation charges while completely off :)

EDIT: OK, no it doesn't. An orange light showed up after I removed the battery and inserted the cable, but I looked down and it had gone off. No luck when I put the cable back in, either :(

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
Can anyone help as to how to get my phone to turn back on??? Same as everyone else...i get a blinking orange light but it wont turn on!!! Please help!!!

Redestwing

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas
I too was having this issue. Turned my phone off last night and put it on the charger only to wake up to a phone with the flashing orange light. I pulled the battery 3 times to get it to work and still couldn't get the phone to turn on. Finally I plugged my phone into the charger and left it for about 15 minutes and the phone was then able to turn back on. For some reason the phone never charged last night and the battery was dead, which is why the orange light was blinking.

Edit: Just tried to turn phone off again and charge it and now it's blinking green/orange. Guess I'll just have to charge it while it's on from now on until this is figured out.

Last edited:

deadite66

ordered one of these just in case so i won't have this worry in future.

universal phone battery charger.
IUUNAA_1_image.jpg

DrVladson

Oct 4, 2007
Kyiv
I do not recommend to use "universal" chargers for lithium-ion, lithium polymer batteries.
This can significantly reduce their lifespan.

P.S.
Tmous Sensation, S-OFF (Rev).
Remove -> insert battery, charging working with phone off =\

Last edited:

kayroccs

Jan 9, 2010
new york city
well im experiencing the same thing when phone is completely off but i was also reading in the htc vo 3d thread that their having the same issue and one person flashed a different recovery img and confirmed that its now working so im guessing the recovery img on the sensation is the problem why it isnt working.

Reactions: regificus

lianw

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Does this mean you cannot charge the phone at all if the phone is off and the battery is completely drained?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ghetto Solution:
    I have a spare, semi-busted USB cable.
    I stripped off the insulation and exposed the green, white, black and red cables.
    You only need the black (-ve) and red (+ve) cables for this effort.
    Use any means you have to get expose the actual wiring and be sure to match them properly to the corresponding contact points on the battery.
    The idea is to directly place the positive wire on the positive terminal of the battery and vice versa for the negative. The plug the battery into the phone.
    What I did was loop the wires around the leads that would be in direct contact with +ve and -ve inside the phone itself, plugged the battery back in the phone and then plugged the USB cable into my laptop.

The phone booted right up.

Seems to be working thus far even though its still "off". I have a solid amber light and I'll leave the phone for a little bit before I try to boot it back up.

I hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: I take NO responsibility for any damage (physical, psychological or emotional) you or your phone may incur should you attempt this.
    It worked for me.
    YMMV.
    Be advised and tread carefully.
    Same issue.

Battery totally dead. Could not charge.

I plugged phone into computer. waited 10 secs. used "adb shell reboot" and the phone booted and then was able to charge.
    well im experiencing the same thing when phone is completely off but i was also reading in the htc vo 3d thread that their having the same issue and one person flashed a different recovery img and confirmed that its now working so im guessing the recovery img on the sensation is the problem why it isnt working.
    Can someone tell me how to flash stock recovery back? I have a back up of it but can't get it to flash with terminal. I don't need a custom recovery atm.

Yes go the the dev thread and to the sensation guide, download pg58img.zip from post 1. Replace the recovery in the zip file with the one you have backed up.

follow step 2 to flash recovery.
    Should work

incase it fails
    if you flash official stock ROM using RUU. you will lose everything you do not have backed up including clockwork and root. only S-OFF stays.
    Like your signature says:

" If I helped you, please say (Click) Thanks :) "