[POLL]How often do you flash a different ROM?

How often do you flash a completely different ROM?

• Stay on same build, never update

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Stay on same ROM, flash its nightlies regularly

Votes: 70 26.6%
  • Stay on same ROM, just flash its stable builds

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • I flash a different ROM every day

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • I flash a different ROM every week or two

Votes: 87 33.1%
  • I flash a different ROM every month or few months

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • I flash a different ROM every year or so

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

voyager_s

Jan 3, 2011
Huawei P30
Xiaomi Poco F3
With jellybean I have never flashed a single ROM on my nexus 7. Its not even rooted or boot loader unlocked. Stock is almost perfect in terms of speed and UI. No need. Perhaps a bit more customisations but I can do most of that with some useful tools/apps from the play store.

On the galaxy nexus, I did not flash nothing at first but then I just tried a few ROMs just for fun. Most were quite cool. Some nice additions. Blackbean and rasbean jelly had some nice touches. But I had problems with battery life on one and a reboot issue on another. So I been on stock ever since. Unrooted too...just to keep my sky go working sweet!

On my old devices however, such as the galaxy note and Asus transformer, I used to flash every now and then. Not as crazy but perhaps every few weeks. Once I found something I liked I usually stuck with it.

Edit...I mean stock 4.1 on the galaxy nexus that is. Don't even go there with 4.2. Sad story for me. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

Pierceye

Jul 31, 2010
Christiansburg, Virginia
With my Evo I was a bit of a flashaholic. On my GNex, not so much. If it's stable when I flash it and has a feature set that I like, then I'll keep it for a while.

Delacombo

May 3, 2008
Canby
www.delacom.co
I flashed about once a week for awhile and them after seeing all the cluster 'f' of misc. bugs (every ROM had at least one annoying issue) I would then switch back and forth between stock and CM to see where CM was going since over a few years, it became apparent that CM was always the least buggy. I'm on CM10.1 12/23 now, and although still a few issues (sigh), battery drain is my ultimate necessity. Stock ROM battery drain sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

MattyOnXperiaX10

Oct 16, 2011
I keep switching between Paranoid & Xylon.
I'm changing ROM around every 72 hours. Using T.I to restore my apps.

notanoob

Mar 8, 2012
I feel like I am in flasholic bootv camp :D
I flash daily I guess with the comments I'm gonna try stock now :p
Ah flashing the rush I get with it :beer:

pwrmedia

Aug 5, 2009
Columbus
Used to be a flashaholic until I left Sprint this past August and made the move to VZW, with my first phone on the network being the GNex.

My last flash was well over 2 months ago, using a Team EOS nightly. Just haven't felt the need to change anything up, everything works about as well at it's going to.

mrstealthusmc

Nov 18, 2010
I usually wait a week. Im on AOKP, so i wait a week and update to a new nightly build and get all the updates

TheQuarterMile

Apr 29, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Did you guys hear HTC HD2 got Windows RT runing...

It can also run the following OS
Android ICS,JB 4.1
MeeGo
Windows Phone 7,7.5
Windows Phone 8
Windows Mobile 6-6.5
Windows XP, 98
Ubuntu

This f*#king thing is mad!

If you could choose what OS would you run on the Nexus?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Titanium back up pro. Push one button, restore all apps and data in minutes. Just don't do system apps and you'll be fine

I wait after a major update to Android until a stable ROM appears, so maybe every 3-4 months.
    Iam a flashaholic to the core.
    I try out each rom's each version :) :)
    the max. time i stayed with a rom was 5 days , cant remember which one maybe cna or bamf.
    Way to often, I should get a second phone :)

The most i go is about a week. On day 6 now and i am starting to get "the itch"