Game cache copied to external sd card not recognzied.

Search This thread

teja463

Mar 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Hi I have recently bought Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7inch with 8 GB internal memory and 4 gb user available. I am using and 16GB external SD card. I copied game cache into external sd card Android/obb folder and installed the game but the game cache is not recognized. But if i copy the same into internal storage Android/obb its working fine. Is there any way to fix this with out rooting the phone. As the user available internal memory is very low i can not install many games.

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
Look for SD Card Kit Kat Fix in the play store by JRummy. That will probably solve your problem. I tried installing GTASA by putting the obb data in SD Card but it didn't work even with SD Card Fix.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

teja463

Mar 29, 2013
Hyderabad
If i am not wrong "emulated/0/sdcard" is the path of internal storage i want to install the app in an external storage. Is there a way to do that with out rooting the device. There is an nextapp sdfix app available in play store but the device nees to be rooted. I googled for the solution but all the solutions works only on rooted devices. So my question is there a way to solve this without rooting the device

Freakstyler

Apr 21, 2014
No, you need to use an app like Foldermount to be able to move games with OBB directory, all methods require root.

Dark Mushroom

Jun 18, 2014
Look for SD Card Kit Kat Fix in the play store by JRummy. That will probably solve your problem. I tried installing GTASA by putting the obb data in SD Card but it didn't work even with SD Card Fix.

No, you need to use an app like Foldermount to be able to move games with OBB directory, all methods require root.

Yeah, foldermount does it. It will link /sdcard/android/obb to /extsdcard (needs root) :D

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
Yeah, foldermount does it. It will link /sdcard/android/obb to /extsdcard (needs root) :D

Oh snaps! It works, but it's causing my device to show wrong memory values:

Attachments

• 1407308158242.jpg
    1407308158242.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 169