[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 10 Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks so much for this! Your toolkit got me started down the road to crack flashing on my Galaxy Nexus, and seeing this version just reinforces my decision to go ahead and order the Nexus 10 (just returned an ASUS TF700T / Infinity).

DagrXDA

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks so much for this! Your toolkit got me started down the road to crack flashing on my Galaxy Nexus, and seeing this version just reinforces my decision to go ahead and order the Nexus 10 (just returned an ASUS TF700T / Infinity).

I can't seem to get the samsung drivers included in the toolkit to play nice with the N10 in fastboot mode (won't recognize the device). Any ideas? Do I need to use the pdanet drivers or try a similar universal naked driver?

EDIT: This may be a problem with the toolkit... I installed the drivers that are bundled with the Nexus 10 Toolkit (which show as Nexus 4 ADB drivers), and they show fastboot as recognizing the device, whereas the wug's toolkit fastboot test still doesn't recognize the device or show it as connected....

Last edited:

Grandroidster

Apr 15, 2011
San diego County
YES! ,but.. is this the same Toolkit as the one in the N7 section?.. does it get updated w/N10 support or do i have to re-download this one Seperate?.. do i even have to do the Driver guide if i already did it for my N7?.. am super anxious to get the Flashathon on my N10 sorry man haha :)-
EDIT: nvm,just downloaded the Update for N10 support.. had to go into options and enable "check for updates on boot" or something like that haha My bad dude.. gonna try this sucker out ina minute,Peace out! :)-

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
YES! ,but.. is this the same Toolkit as the one in the N7 section?.. does it get updated w/N10 support or do i have to re-download this one Seperate?.. do i even have to do the Driver guide if i already did it for my N7?.. am super anxious to get the Flashathon on my N10 sorry man haha :)-

Yes. It is the same. You only need the one toolkit, it will get updated for all devices. You don't need to configure your drivers again if the toolkit successfully communicates with the device. I would try step 3 of the driver guide 'Test Drivers', if that works feel free to proceed. If you have problems, I recommend driver solution #3 for multiple devices (however #1 or #2 may work for your setup). :)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I can't seem to get the samsung drivers included in the toolkit to play nice with the N10 in fastboot mode (won't recognize the device). Any ideas? Do I need to use the pdanet drivers or try a similar universal naked driver?

EDIT: This may be a problem with the toolkit... I installed the drivers that are bundled with the Nexus 10 Toolkit (which show as Nexus 4 ADB drivers), and they show fastboot as recognizing the device, whereas the wug's toolkit fastboot test still doesn't recognize the device or show it as connected....

I included three driver solutions to provide a full range of potential solutions depending on the users setup. I would suggest trying more than one if the first one you try doesn't work. When in doubt, always try driver solution #3.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: guerini and Flug

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
I too am having issues with the driver seeign Fastboot.

I installed NeXus 10 toolkit and it see fastboot no problem.

I go to command line and can issue fastboot commands no problem.

However 1.6.0 refuses to see NeXus10 in fastboot mode.

Uggg..

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010

Uggg..

Adb/fastboot communicate with the drivers, not the toolkit specifically, so what you are describing doesn't make sense. Are you saying that everything worked fine, then you went ahead and tried installing more/different drivers with this toolkit, and now it doesn't work? If that is the case, then it makes sense.. no need to install drivers when you have ones working. You should start over at step one. Uninstall all the drivers, reboot, and try driver solution #3. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: guerini and Flug

jmtend

Oct 14, 2012
debug

Uggg..
I am having the same problem. I think it's because debug is checked but not functioning. In the ROM I'm running after you check the debug option nothing will happen unless you also select what app to debug. Because I don't know what app to debug, the Toolkit does not recognize it as being debuged and hangs at that point.
For me it's not a driver issue. It fails the full driver test because of my debug problem. What specific app should we apply the debug to?

Last edited:

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
I am having the same problem. I think it's because debug is checked but not functioning. In the ROM I'm running after you check the debug option nothing will happen unless you also select what app to debug. Because I don't know what app to debug, the Toolkit does not recognize it as being debuged and hangs at that point.
For me it's not a driver issue. It fails the full driver test because of my debug problem. What specific app should we apply the debug to?

Are you referring to the "Android debugging"? That should be under Settings / Developer Options. Scroll down to the "Debugging" section, and simply check "Android debugging" (the subtitle is "Allow Android debug mode, the adb interface on USB (or on network)". You're not actively debugging anything in particular -- simply allowing the activation of debug mode.

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Adb/fastboot communicate with the drivers, not the toolkit specifically, so what you are describing doesn't make sense. Are you saying that everything worked fine, then you went ahead and tried installing more/different drivers with this toolkit, and now it doesn't work? If that is the case, then it makes sense.. no need to install drivers when you have ones working. You should start over at step one. Uninstall all the drivers, reboot, and try driver solution #3. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

I kinda follow. However.

I went to use your toolkit, and it says no fastboot device seen.

I use the other toolkit and it boots to fastboot and functions.

After 1.6.0 said that it see no fastboot device, then i tried your drivers, and it fails.

After tryign to install your drivers, i can still go to other toolkit and/or cmd line and fastboot still works and can issue commands.

DagrXDA

Nov 14, 2012
I kinda follow. However.

After 1.6.0 said that it see no fastboot device, then i tried your drivers, and it fails.

After tryign to install your drivers, i can still go to other toolkit and/or cmd line and fastboot still works and can issue commands.

This is exactly my experience as well. In fact, I was able to fully use the previously posted toolkit to unlock my device, while this one still fails during the fastboot check. If you bring up a command line and look at the fastboot devices, it shows my device... yet it is still failing in the fastboot check in the toolkit. /shrug

In a slightly related note.. since the 4.2.1 update is pushing out OTA... will JUST an unlocked bootloader on this device prevent OTA's? (I usually would expect to still get OTA's, especially if still running the stock bootloader (which I am... I have not flashed TWRP / CWM yet, and have not yet rooted).

jmtend

Oct 14, 2012
answer

Are you referring to the "Android debugging"? That should be under Settings / Developer Options. Scroll down to the "Debugging" section, and simply check "Android debugging" (the subtitle is "Allow Android debug mode, the adb interface on USB (or on network)". You're not actively debugging anything in particular -- simply allowing the activation of debug mode.

Yes I have debuging checked however, I don't think anything is debuged until you go further down the menu and it ask's what app to debug. I think in the factory ROM once you check debug everything is debuged. In my custom ROM you must also select what you want debug to apply to. If you do not select the correct one the Toolkit assumes you are not debuged.

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
Yes I have debuging checked however, I don't think anything is debuged until you go further down the menu and it ask's what app to debug. I think in the factory ROM once you check debug everything is debuged. In my custom ROM you must also select what you want debug to apply to. If you do not select the correct one the Toolkit assumes you are not debuged.

I've got the same option as well ("Select debug app") - also shows "No debug application set". Never been an issue...

jmtend

Oct 14, 2012
answer

I've got the same option as well ("Select debug app") - also shows "No debug application set". Never been an issue...
Debug then must not be the cause of my problem it then must be a driver issue. I have tried all three driver options and all three seamed to install correctly. I don't know what else to try. If it's of interest my ROM is ParanoidAndroid v 2.99.3 and the build number is pa_manta-userdebug 4.2 JOP40C eng.block.20121125.113032 test-keys

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I kinda follow. However.

Please try what I suggested. Fully uninstalling ALL adb/fastboot drivers (step 1 of driver guide).. Rebooting your computer like it says (essential step), then reinstalling the drivers (solution #3), then trying the driver test. Also, please try rebooting your computer before using this toolkit if you were using a different one before, or try force closing any background instances of adb.exe/fastboot.exe. Like I said, drivers are associated with those processes, not the toolkit. If the you had drivers working correctly with adb.exe or fastboot.exe then they will work. Chances are something else is causing your problem.

That said, I noticed that 1wayjonny released newer universal drivers then the ones in this release, I will push an update out with those. But the signed google drivers which are included in driver solution #3 are all you need.

If you are still experiencing problems hit me up on gchat and we will see if we can get it resolved.

{{ WugFresh }}

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
I have the same problem.
Fastboot device is not recognized in the GUI but if I run fastboot.exe from your installation it recognizes the device i.e. the correct driver is installed.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I have the same problem.
Fastboot device is not recognized in the GUI but if I run fastboot.exe from your installation it recognizes the device i.e. the correct driver is installed.

To clarify, when your device is in bootloader mode, connected via usb - and you use the toolkits list devices (fastboot) in quick tools, what happens?

{{ WugFresh }}

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
I think it says something about failed fastboot connection. I'll check tomorrow. Anyway i'm unlocked now which was essential from start since that wipes the tablet. Now i'm prepared for root later on.

Skickat från min Nexus 10 via Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
    2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
    3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
    4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
    5. You will see an android on its back
    6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
    7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
    8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

This is what I have to do after the first twrp factory reset fails:

1. Properly and completely turn off your device.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
    3. Press Volume Down twice until the screen says “Recovery mode.”
    4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
    5. Tap Volume Up key while hold and press Power button.
    6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
    7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.
    8. Your device will reboot itself after the data wipe completed.
    Are you going to update "[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit" to install Root and Recovery with version 4.3?

Yes, by tomorrow.

{{ WugFresh }}