Who actually uses screen protectors?

Search This thread

xThe Enforcer

Jan 1, 2011
Florida
I use the ones available at the att stores. I am VERY picky when it comes to these things, this one is crystal clear, and difficult to tell its on there..

After a little practice ( I went through one package just practicing) I am now easily able to get it on without a single bubble or hair in the first try. Best $10 I've spent on a phone accessory.

Hmn, I'll have to check it out.

xThe Enforcer

Jan 1, 2011
Florida
whats nice about the att ones is that when you buy them they will put it on for you. and where i live and the att store i use they have always been perfect, and if they mess up they (here) will replace it for you. i love our store there really nice.

Wow, really? Did you ask them if they do that or they just do it automatically for you? I'm going to have to ask!

roadrash7

Aug 20, 2010
Never had a screen protector had phone for 6 months i work construction and phone comes in contact with shingle stones a lot and the screen is still flawless. Plus it looks and feels better with nothing

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

mikegy2002

Nov 5, 2008
whats nice about the att ones is that when you buy them they will put it on for you. and where i live and the att store i use they have always been perfect, and if they mess up they (here) will replace it for you. i love our store there really nice.

There are two AT&T stores near me and both stores were out of protectors for a while. They both made it a point of saying they would be happy to put the protectors on for me when they came in. I did not ask them if they would put the protectors on, they volunteered and seemed genuinely happy to do so.

AtariBorn

Jul 8, 2010
I use the screen protectors from the AT&T website. They fit perfect compared to a few of the third party brands I've used. The cheap ones always seem to have a problem laying down around the edges, especially around the bottom where the menu, home, back and search buttons are and they're touchy enough as it is. Dust tends to get under the edges and it looks terrible.

I don't have too much faith in the gorilla galss or whatever. I work on a drill crew and one of the guys has some pretty deep scratches on his Captivate and he keeps it in his pocket all day, screen-to-leg.

He had a little trouble working out the bubbles on the screen protector I gave him, due to the scratches.

bkeaver

thus the screen protector...

I am agreeing with the screen protector dont get me wrong I am just not one of these people jumping on the band wagon about "Gorilla Glass" being the all mighty non scratchable force that some claim it to be. I believe those of you that havent had the screen scratched yet are fortunate if not lucky but eventually the inevitable is bound to happen.

thus to each is own.. if you believe you cant scratch the screen fantastic and those of us that dont have as much faith in all the hype of "non-scratchable" glass then we will use a screen protector to give it that 1 more layer of protection. :)

jonpackard

Dec 22, 2010
I use the Otterbox Defender. I messed up the included screen protector by getting dust on the sticky side, so it had huge air bubbles. One quick phone call to Otterbox and they shipped me a replacement, fast and free. Now the screen protector is perfect. The heavy duty case might seem like overkill, but I've already had some nasty falls with my phone in less than a month of owning it. The defender seems to be doing it's job very well.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

mjduke

Nov 19, 2010
Halifax
3 months, no scratches, no protector I do use some common sense in taking care of it though: always have it in a pocket by itself and never place it face down on anything.

I think i have conditioned myself from my previous cell phones, last being an htc dream, and am just always careful. Never had a scratch on that screen either.

Thats just me though. If you're worried, get a protector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using XDA App

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Had it for over 6 months without a screen protector. Still completely flawless.

Go on YouTube, look up the scratch tests. Look at the break tests. Watch the video of Engadget stabbing it mercilessly with a pen. It's all very clear you don't need a screen protector. They just want to charge you $10+ for a piece of saran wrap with glue on it. You don't need one.

Last edited:

insaneturbo13

Aug 4, 2010
Had it for over 6 months without a screen protector. Still completely flawless.

Go on YouTube, look up the scratch tests. Look at the break tests. Watch the video of Engadget stabbing it mercilessly with a pen. It's all very clear you don't need a screen protector. They just want to charge you $10+ for a piece of saran wrap with glue on it. You don't need one.

Mikey. Please refer to post 6 on page one.... All it took was 1 freaking penny. And they were only together for a short period of time. Just because youve been lucky so far doesnt mean you should suggest people putting there screen at risk..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its gorilla glass you're wasting your 1.60! doesnt scratch.

this is the stupidest post ive seen all day. it CAN scratch. you have been sold on a product that works really well to prevent scratches better than most.. but still its not perfect, i have slipped my captivate out of one pocket and into another that had a penny in it and it made one small but long scratch.

a screen protector would have easily prevented this from happening....
    I am a big advocate of screen protectors.
    However, I took mine off to replace it a couple of days ago and looked at the screen without it on. Amazing! I never noticed the clarity of this screen before, or I just got accustomed to the filtered view through the protector.

Man, I think I am going to just be careful with my phone and run without a screen protector...
    I agree although I have had my cappy for 2 years now and there are a few noticeable scratches of you really look hard but nothing that I regret never putting one on there. But gorilla glass is not a miracle, it does scratch so people that want a perfectly flawless screen may want one

Sent from my AOKP Captivate.