It appears to be one app causing the lag and not the UI or anywhere else. Some of the reviews even point out it is probably a problem with the third party app. Some kind of photo album app?
As far as the device IMO:
1. Priced $50 too high for both verisons. Seems that should have been prices for a 32/64 gb model.
2. Why no 3.0 USB? This must be produced in a different place, else would have had same connector as the Note 3.
3. Should have had a a little bigger battery.
4. Even though no 3.0, NICE there is a standard usb rather than special connector- I hate those.
5. Too much bloat (as usual)
6. Why no HDMI out??
I was going to get the Asus 701, but I know it will have a special connector and apparently will be different than the 700 version. I will probably wait for the 32GB Samsung 2014 version to be at a lower price during some kind of sale, or whatever. My Nook HD+ will cover my Android needs for now. I also have an iPad 4 that covers commercial gaming. HD+ is for comics, video and emulators.