Android 4.2 Camera/Gallery "Working!"

Search This thread

Uhuhu

May 8, 2011
androidurbano.wordpress.com
Just a FYI, tested on HTC One X, both versions. Both doesn't work. I can take pictures fine but no panorama nor sphere work (both closes the app without messages and after the 3rd test the camera stops working on both apps -stock and google).

jlpatte2

Dec 16, 2009
Raleigh, NC
This is so awesome, i love the new keyboard, the only down side is a lack of "first" touch comma, but i think that was always been a shortcoming of default Google keyboard...

The panoramic camera is awesome, but the viewer isn't working for me at least not with the zip i found, running a very recent cm10 nightly build... also like many others, video isn't working either, but the old camera is still there so I'm OK

Josh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

elry567

Jan 7, 2011

TeldenW

Don't have the file to create a mirror, but I saw another two threads for it with a combined file containing the keyboard and camera, supposedly everything working. Haven't tested them yet.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1966302
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1967588

Confirmed working on Padawan4- EXCEPT FOR Touch to focus and whatever the fancy pic editor option is in the New Gallery...

Anyone else got these working?

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

Everlasting

Jul 25, 2012
Darwin
Just a FYI, tested on HTC One X, both versions. Both doesn't work. I can take pictures fine but no panorama nor sphere work (both closes the app without messages and after the 3rd test the camera stops working on both apps -stock and google).

I got the file from The other thread and I got the panorama working but not the photosphere.

Sent from my HTC One X

astuermer

Feb 4, 2006
Changing the build.prop the way as described doesnt boot up my Galaxy R I9103.

Sphere panorama doesnt work.
Normal panorama freezes the app.
No save to external sd possible.

Last edited:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Great find! But no need to edit the build prop with this one.
Just flash the zip and everything works. (Tested on liquid rc5)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/31/download-the-android-4-2-cameragallery-app-with-new-ui-editing-photo-sphere/

Note that Androidpolice have taken down their mirrors "at Google's request."
Do we also comply?

Excuse is that Google does not want preliminary versions of their software in the field.

OK, the keyboard will be on Play when they are ready to let us have it officially.
The gallerygoogle--must one really buy that new Nexus?

BTW, I tried the first gallerygoogle.apk from androidcentral. Camera did not work at all on (older) LG P500.

WarLion

Jan 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
tested the camera on a motorola xoom with eos3 night 155 the camera work but not sphere or panorama the galery and the new ffunctions works great

on both front and back camera the panorama cause a FC and the sphere just freeze the app

btw I tested tis with the buld.pro already change to nexus

aadiflesher

Sep 24, 2012
Hello,

I have a Google Nexus One and i tried the camera. The normal camera mode works but the 360 panorama does NOT work. It says "Sorry, your device is not yet supported. Model: Nexus One (google)" I did not change the build.prop file.

Any advice?

Top Liked Posts