Video Recording Functionality

Search This thread

Barmalei

Mar 26, 2010
Seattle
I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to turn off camera functionality of start/finish video recording by touching the screen.

UPDATE: issue resolved by @SRI@, thank you

Last edited:

@SRI@

Aug 12, 2012
Visakapatnam
I am frustrated by an added camera functionality on the latest WP versions - now in order to start/finish video recording you only need to touch the screen - anywhere on the screen. For those of us who frequently uses video recording this is actually not convenient because it is easy to accidentally stop the recording by touching the screen, especially during longer recordings (>3 minutes), or when passing the phone to another person while recording is underway.

I run into this problem again and again, but I would hate to revert to an earlier WP7 version because of this (I am running a nice Dynamics HD2O 2.00b WP7.8 8858 ROM on my HTC HD2). So I am wondering if anyone can think of a way to remove this functionality (or allow the screen to be completely turned off while recording video, as this could also save battery charge) by tweaking registry, or an app that does that, etc.

Thank you.

hi,

You can disable this from Settings>applications>Pictures+Camera

Reactions: Barmalei

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am frustrated by an added camera functionality on the latest WP versions - now in order to start/finish video recording you only need to touch the screen - anywhere on the screen. For those of us who frequently uses video recording this is actually not convenient because it is easy to accidentally stop the recording by touching the screen, especially during longer recordings (>3 minutes), or when passing the phone to another person while recording is underway.

I run into this problem again and again, but I would hate to revert to an earlier WP7 version because of this (I am running a nice Dynamics HD2O 2.00b WP7.8 8858 ROM on my HTC HD2). So I am wondering if anyone can think of a way to remove this functionality (or allow the screen to be completely turned off while recording video, as this could also save battery charge) by tweaking registry, or an app that does that, etc.

Thank you.

hi,

You can disable this from Settings>applications>Pictures+Camera