Goodbye T-Mobile and Sprint. Hello Softbank USA!

Search This thread

farangutan

Jun 28, 2011
If they get rid of my $30/month plan, I'll be pretty pissed off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kgry

Aug 10, 2011
You guys really think the Department of Justice will allow the merger? I doubt it. They really want 4 competing mobile companies in the US.

talz13

Mar 9, 2009
Avon, OH
You guys really think the Department of Justice will allow the merger? I doubt it. They really want 4 competing mobile companies in the US.

As far as the DoJ is concerned, we probably have 2 competing mobile companies right now. Merging Sprint and T-Mobile would bring a 3rd competitor to the market :D

crucialcolin

Jun 14, 2012
I'm pessimistically expecting my $30 plan to be axed. :(

Me too :( not like there are many other sutable choices out there either. Came from Boost paygo original myself. Also no longer avail. Couldnt stand Sprint anymore. Price hikes in the works for same level of service. $50 or $60 a month will probably be the new $30 plan.

Last edited:

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Well, I was looking over the framily plan. Unless you are on the payments for a new phone deal it looks pretty good. As low as $25 a month and you can pick data independent of the rest of those in the framily. Starting to sound good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously, what does this mean for us N5 users? With the addition of Sprint Spark, the N5 can connect to literally EVERY band both companies have, 3G, HSPA+, T-Mo LTE, Sprint Band 25/26/41 LTE, etc...Will SoftBank issue new SIMs to utilize both networks? They might consolidate into GSM, but Sprint Spark is significantly more advanced then HSPA+/T-Mo LTE, and I think that they'd want to utilize that...Either way, should be interesting...
    Hope they merge to a all GSM network, instead of a hodgepodge of all the different tech used by Sprint and T-Mo.

Wouldn't the logical and smart name for the company be SprinT-Mobile?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Seriously, what does this mean for us N5 users? With the addition of Sprint Spark, the N5 can connect to literally EVERY band both companies have, 3G, HSPA+, T-Mo LTE, Sprint Band 25/26/41 LTE, etc...Will SoftBank issue new SIMs to utilize both networks? They might consolidate into GSM, but Sprint Spark is significantly more advanced then HSPA+/T-Mo LTE, and I think that they'd want to utilize that...Either way, should be interesting...

T-Mobile also has 20x20 LTE which is pretty fast. They're most likely going to go to VoLTE route.
    in the end i dont really see a down side to any of this. just really hope they dont do away with unlimited data.
    I've never seen a telecom merger go well for customers.