[screen Protector]

Search This thread

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yup, vikuiti is very good, been using one on my Sony Arc for about a year now. Also already ordered for One X, the glossy-type one from Ebay, eagerly waiting for it.

Sent either from my Arc or One X using xda premium

pnnorth

Dec 18, 2010
Yup, vikuiti is very good, been using one on my Sony Arc for about a year now. Also already ordered for One X, the glossy-type one from Ebay, eagerly waiting for it.

I would have echoed your praise until a few months ago. Had one on my Nexus S for a year and it was excellent, ordered two for my Galaxy Nexus and one was fine but the other wasn't even vaguely cut correctly. It was a real pain to get my money back, with them insisting I send a pic of the faulty protector fitted to the phone.

I can't see how they are going to make one that fits the convex screen of the one x, particularly as the film they use is quite thick. Lumia users have faced a similar problem. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1551248

A wet protector is probably the only option if you want a decent fit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aka2

Dec 10, 2008

Ah, you convinced me. I just put a order for one at protectionsfilms24.com. Hopefully they'll arrive the coming week along with the phone..

@pnnorth I really hope you're wrong.. but I don't have any experience with screen protectors. That along with inpatience is not a good combination =)

Anyway, what made put an order order were these lines "Our Vikuiti™ screen protectors are cut by laser in Germany on state-of-the-art machinery. Exact tailoring to forms and excellent border adhesion are guaranteed.". Whether it's bs or not is yet to be seen. If someone has tried it out on their device, please let me know whether they are good or not. If not, I'll update the thread with comments regarding it upon arrival.

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
I put on an official HTC one last night. They arent that great. You have to get it just right or u will get bubbles that will be very hard to get out. The sides also dont stick that well. Its not too bad but not perfect like some protectors.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I put on an official HTC one last night. They arent that great. You have to get it just right or u will get bubbles that will be very hard to get out. The sides also dont stick that well. Its not too bad but not perfect like some protectors.

I bought them & never used them - straight in the bin after trying both sets.

The sides would not stick, shame as the rest was perfect. (Invisible)

I'm guessing it's because of the sloped screen at the sides, but I had a 1mm non-sticky part on the edges, & this was enough for me to not use it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Y2KoaS

Jan 13, 2012
I am waiting for Zagg Inc to release its InvisiShield for the One X. I have it for my Desire HD and it lives to its testimony. It is thick, very clear, hard to apply :p but I still like it. I took the standard front screen protector while there were options for front and back and tougher grade (I think). See http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Wtrt

Apr 21, 2010
Leuven
I am waiting for Zagg Inc to release its InvisiShield for the One X. I have it for my Desire HD and it lives to its testimony. It is thick, very clear, hard to apply :p but I still like it. I took the standard front screen protector while there were options for front and back and tougher grade (I think). See http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Zaggs protectors are strong but I absolutely HATE the way they feel. They completly ruine the whole "touchscreen experience" for me. The zagg shield is way too rubbery and has too much grip and resistance when you are using the screen.
Also the Orange peel texture is just not appealing to me and if I had to choose i would rather have scratches than having such an ugly piece of plastic covering my device.

Regarding the official HTC screen protectors: i got them aswell and they do not wrap around the edges as mentioned before. Kind of sad for a HTC branded protector.

Aeneas

Apr 1, 2007
Does anyone know of any wet-application screen protectors that are currently available (so not Zagg)?
Or has anyone applied any using water/soap and got a PERFECT fit?

Software Guru

Oct 31, 2003
Halifax
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
Ah, you convinced me. I just put a order for one at protectionsfilms24.com. Hopefully they'll arrive the coming week along with the phone..

@pnnorth I really hope you're wrong.. but I don't have any experience with screen protectors. That along with inpatience is not a good combination =)

Anyway, what made put an order order were these lines "Our Vikuiti™ screen protectors are cut by laser in Germany on state-of-the-art machinery. Exact tailoring to forms and excellent border adhesion are guaranteed.". Whether it's bs or not is yet to be seen. If someone has tried it out on their device, please let me know whether they are good or not. If not, I'll update the thread with comments regarding it upon arrival.

I had these on my Desire and Desire HD, will probably go from one on my One X when I decide to buy although the InvisiShield on my Sensation IMO is excellent

Ashalak

Mar 20, 2012
Manchester
I tried fitting my Vikuiti CV8 screen protectors to my One X last night but unfortunately it didn't go all that well really. I ended up going for the CV8's which I believe are the more basic finished protector, but having fitted many screen protectors I know they're hit and miss at best and I didn't want to spend £8 or so on a one hit deal.

The size is about perfect but due to the curved edge of the digitizer they don't seat at all around the entire edge of the glass, and after less than 24hrs I've already got fluff and stuff underneath which is a bit annoying.. I think I'd rather of had them smaller and better fitting than overly big and ill fitting. I also had difficulty getting them fitted without air bubbles or marks and even after they had been massaged out they still left marks underneath. There is also an incredibly annoying line which runs the entire width of the screen, this is where I half removed the adhesive backing to position the screen protector before removing it all and squeezing any air bubbles, for some reason it's left a line just where I half peeled the backing off too.

HOPEFULLY, the small marks may settle after 24hrs but at the moment I do feel as if I am going to have to try something else :(

ewok666

Apr 4, 2006
how easy is it to put on a screen protector?

Love that question! ;-)

The REAL question is: Do you like dust between the screena nd the protector?

If not then it's (and always has been) a pain in the a***

Best way I found (and I've done hundreds of them by now.....all dust free) is to have a can of air duster, be in a room with ALL doors and windows closed and have some adhesive tape to remove dust.

make sure you sit down and wait a while for "the dust to settle" ;-)

wipe the screen and blow off dust with the can

be sure to know how to best allign the protector to the right position. Nothing worse than having to pull it off again to start from scratch!

remove the protective film and stick it on as quickly as you can while still getting it in the right spot.

Chances are there will still be some dust spec somewhere. This is where the adhesive tape comes in......stick some tape on a corner of the protector and roll one piece into a nice loop (adhesive side facing outwards). See where the dust is (and make sure it's REALLY dust and not just a bubble). Use the tape in the corner to lift the protector and then tough screen AND protector with your tape loop and lower the protector again (you don't want new dust getting in there). If you like you can use the compressed air can to clear the air before you do this.

Most importantly(!!!!!!) do not move around to much. Any air movement brings dust and we don't want that.

If it's any comfort.......the HOX is only 4.7" while a large tab is 10".....the larger the more painful ;-)

Have Phun

Last edited:

GandalfGraw

Dec 24, 2010
I was going to pick one up after hearing such good reviews on them for other devices, but then I read this: http://www.expansys.com.au/ft.aspx?k=253490

I bought this one without knowing that it was too small:mad:. It's a piece of **** protector! Not only the fact that it doesn't fit, they have cut out a square (at a seemingly random place since there's no camera or microphone on the screen) which makes the whole thing look extremely ugly. Sorry for being rude but I'm a bit pissed of.

I would like to have a spigen glass screen for the one x, I talked to a lady at their support and she said they may get it into production if the interest in this protector increased :).

jerryfry

Jul 24, 2010
Does anyone know of any wet-application screen protectors that are currently available (so not Zagg)?
Or has anyone applied any using water/soap and got a PERFECT fit?

I've just ordered the full body coverage from defdev.com, this is a wet-application screen protector with back protector, I have this on my hd2 and while it is quite thick and feels a bit strange when you first start to use your phone you soon get used to it. As for fit it's not perfect and on the hd2 there is a small part of the screen above the buttons that isn't covered but I'm not bothered about the edges. Also it does have a slight orange peel affect to it but I prefer this to a large scratch in the middle of the screen, at least I can take the screen protector off, the scratch is there for good. €14.95 for two sets didn't seem too steep.

gkhn

Jan 25, 2009
Love that question! ;-)

The REAL question is: Do you like dust between the screena nd the protector?

If not then it's (and always has been) a pain in the a***

Best way I found (and I've done hundreds of them by now.....all dust free) is to have a can of air duster, be in a room with ALL doors and windows closed and have some adhesive tape to remove dust.

make sure you sit down and wait a while for "the dust to settle" ;-)

wipe the screen and blow off dust with the can

be sure to know how to best allign the protector to the right position. Nothing worse than having to pull it off again to start from scratch!

remove the protective film and stick it on as quickly as you can while still getting it in the right spot.

Chances are there will still be some dust spec somewhere. This is where the adhesive tape comes in......stick some tape on a corner of the protector and roll one piece into a nice loop (adhesive side facing outwards). See where the dust is (and make sure it's REALLY dust and not just a bubble). Use the tape in the corner to lift the protector and then tough screen AND protector with your tape loop and lower the protector again (you don't want new dust getting in there). If you like you can use the compressed air can to clear the air before you do this.

Most importantly(!!!!!!) do not move around to much. Any air movement brings dust and we don't want that.

If it's any comfort.......the HOX is only 4.7" while a large tab is 10".....the larger the more painful ;-)

Have Phun

Or you aply the protector in a steamy room. For example after you've taken a shower. This way there is no dust flying in the air.

Top Liked Posts