Slow charge notification

Search This thread

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
Hello, a week ago i sent my m7 because i had the purple tint problem at the camera and now i got my m7 back with a new problem (they formatted the phone as part of the fix)

No matter which charger i use (1A , 2A, original, not original and whaterver) I get a notification that tells me that i use slow charger and i need to use the original charger. Even when i connect my m7 to my computer with usb it give me that annoying notification, it's like he thinks my computer is a charger and because of that my computer doesn't recognize the phone and i cant do s off or root and that kind of stuff to repair it because i'm pretty sure it is a software problem (as i said, they formatted the phone).

I tried to reset the phone from the setting but so far nothing..

if it helps, no matter which charger i use it always charges at the same speed (the phone limits the charger or something)

I'm sorry for my bad english :S

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello, a week ago i sent my m7 because i had the purple tint problem at the camera and now i got my m7 back with a new problem (they formatted the phone as part of the fix)

No matter which charger i use (1A , 2A, original, not original and whaterver) I get a notification that tells me that i use slow charger and i need to use the original charger. Even when i connect my m7 to my computer with usb it give me that annoying notification, it's like he thinks my computer is a charger and because of that my computer doesn't recognize the phone and i cant do s off or root and that kind of stuff to repair it because i'm pretty sure it is a software problem (as i said, they formatted the phone).

I tried to reset the phone from the setting but so far nothing..

if it helps, no matter which charger i use it always charges at the same speed (the phone limits the charger or something)

I'm sorry for my bad english :S

it looks more like your phone usb port is defective. You should send it back for repair.I have heard something similar to your issue, when a guy opened his M7 himself to replace something. After he reassembled the phone, everything was working fine except he got the same issue you are experiencing.

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
Agree, it sounds like either a damaged port or a bad cable (did you try different ones?). The phone decides what kind of connection it's got depending on what it gets through the four leads, and if something is missing, it may decide it's dealing with a charge-only connection.

Num_Lock

Oct 17, 2011
it looks more like your phone usb port is defective. You should send it back for repair.I have heard something similar to your issue, when a guy opened his M7 himself to replace something. After he reassembled the phone, everything was working fine except he got the same issue you are experiencing.

Agree, it sounds like either a damaged port or a bad cable (did you try different ones?). The phone decides what kind of connection it's got depending on what it gets through the four leads, and if something is missing, it may decide it's dealing with a charge-only connection.

But the repair made by the htc's machine..(i sent is to repair at the official importer in my country)
There is a way to check it if it's a software/hardware problem? because im sick of my stupid iphone 4.. i want to use my htc again.

And yes, i tried diffrent cabels and charges, cabels and charges that worked before doesnt work now.

Last edited: