Pogo and Dagi stylus tested

Search This thread

dubidu

Apr 19, 2006
UK
Fame123:

I bought two styles from some other seller which basically have the same rubber pointer as the ones you show.

If you hold the the stylus with the upper clip pointing to the pda it works quite well
something like this:

don't get amazed by my impressive painting capabilities 8)

Attachments

• Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    14 KB · Views: 53

misterlim

Jun 4, 2010
las vegas
my pogo sketch just arrived from amazon! i'm quite pleased by how quickly my package came :) but after a few minutes of playing with it, i'm quite disappointed by the stylus...it's useless! i've already put it back it's packaging. guess i'll give it to someone as a gift maybe they'll find a better use for it.. i had such high hopes too... :(

angel1341uk

Nov 14, 2008
A lot of people like to have a stylus for drawing - IMO.
Not sure if these 2 actually work. As I haven't searched properly for any reviews. They seem pretty good though, even at an angle

I can't post links so if anyone is interested I'll just add the end of the links for youtube.

youtube video 1 watch?v=fKG7kP70CIQ - Don't know what this one is called, as the man says he came up with idea and only gives his email address in the video ($20 for a stylus I think it was)

youtube video 2 watch?v=uDuuBlsn2sE - This if I remember correctly, is called the iwand.

Just thought I'd post, see what people think. I might get one for my ipod, not sure though.

Fame123

Sep 28, 2009
Fame123:

I bought two styles from some other seller which basically have the same rubber pointer as the ones you show.

If you hold the the stylus with the upper clip pointing to the pda it works quite well
something like this:

don't get amazed by my impressive painting capabilities 8)

Hi Dubidu

So u reckon its worth going for yeah? by the way like ur artistic paint work, did u do that with the stylus u bought?

thanks

dubidu

Apr 19, 2006
UK
Sorry for the delay 8) I was out for a week testing the HD2 on a trip 8)

I think it's worth the 2 quid they may cost.
It works better if you hold the phone in one hand and use the stylus with the other, when using the stylus having the hd2 sitting on a table it doesn't react well.
I use it with apps like TotalCommander which small windows style objects, and it does the job.

My magnificent drawing was done in paintbrush, the stylus wont work, the pointer is far too thick and been flat is nearly impossible to drag it through the screen. Still, as you can see, me + paintbrush + mouse is like Michelangelo plus a big dome and some paint 8)

Last edited:

DuperMan

Oct 22, 2007
ACHTUNG!!!

A lot of people like to have a stylus for drawing - IMO.
Not sure if these 2 actually work. As I haven't searched properly for any reviews. They seem pretty good though, even at an angle

I can't post links so if anyone is interested I'll just add the end of the links for youtube.

youtube video 1 watch?v=fKG7kP70CIQ - Don't know what this one is called, as the man says he came up with idea and only gives his email address in the video ($20 for a stylus I think it was)

youtube video 2 watch?v=uDuuBlsn2sE - This if I remember correctly, is called the iwand.

Just thought I'd post, see what people think. I might get one for my ipod, not sure though.

They both look like scams.
The first seller's video features the narrator lying about the way styluses work when touching the screen sideways yet offers no proof the product does anything special. The "if it looks like it didn't register a touch I'm just not touching the glass" bit is hilarious. :D
The second seller's website is a throwback to 1996 - not something you'd expect from the illustrious discoverers of whatever "stylus technology breakthrough" they're delusional to have made.

More importantly, who in their right would trust the kind of douches that disable YouTube commenting for their products' videos? Heh:) They both did just that.

I hope these con-men didn't fool you into buying their crap:)

DuperMan

Last edited:

mahjong

Mar 8, 2005
El Escorial
wintablet.info
I bought the Dagi P501 (plus the Pogo Sketch and the Milano-And-You) in mid July. I filmed a couple of videos to show that Dagi was more accurate.

Now... by the end of September... the Dagi stop working like others users reported.

I just send an email to the seller at Dagi.com.tw to find out what I did wrong.

Those are the videos:

Comparing the three stylus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aowaefk1spU

Showing Dagi's accuracy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKTeDBo3t1Y

The second one is in spanish but has Youtube subtitles in english. Remember that you cannot see the subtitles in the HTML5 browser.

If any other Dagi user found a solution or reason let me know.

shein

Aug 25, 2005
Kyiv
www.linkedin.com
Tweaking is needed

Pogo is useless.
Dagi's one is not bad. You just need to buy the one with 9.5. I got 6 mm tip and the first experience was bad. Stylo barely worked.
After messing for couple of hours with HKLM\Hardware\Settings\TouchPanel and HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings I dramatically increased the sensitivity of the screen. After that the accuracy and experience is close to resistive screen.
Also the accuracy and speed for finger typing increased a lot.
In many tweaking guides there is a recommendation to decrease HD2 screen sensitivity. I believe this was valid for first products where there were hypersensitivity issue. I strongly believe that much higher sensitivity is desirable. I suggest no to apply any decreased sensitivity tweaks.

WarlockW

Dec 30, 2007
Minnesota
Acase Apple iPad Capacitive Stylus (Jet Black)

Acase Apple iPad Capacitive Stylus (Jet Black)

Check this one out .. works really well and is kinda like plastic so it slides really well :)

This stylus is a much more practical device for normal sized (man's) hands. The pogo stylus is thin, small, and much to light - I would get cramps in my hand with using it for more than five minutes or so.

Another plus compared to the pogo sketch is the clip. On the pogo - it's a cheap piece of plastic with broke quickly.

On the Acase stylus it is a metal clip... doubt this will break anytime soon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ULE6GU/ref=oss_product

List Price: $24.95
Price: $9.04