Hot

Search This thread

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
Man this Amaze can get really hot, i was wifi syncing my music and the moment i touched my phone it was super hot, wonder why the hell it is happening

CalicoJeb

Aug 26, 2011
Man this Amaze can get really hot, i was wifi syncing my music and the moment i touched my phone it was super hot, wonder why the hell it is happening

How long have you had the phone?
Mine got warm first few days of use, but once broken in, all warmth went away. Regular temp like my MT4G now

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
How long have you had the phone?
Mine got warm first few days of use, but once broken in, all warmth went away. Regular temp like my MT4G now

I have the phone for a little over a week but today it was hot, i mean i have never felt a phone that hot, hope it will get better or may be this is how these phones are lol

antiquezip

Oct 22, 2010
This morning I used Viber to make a call. Somewhere at the 29th minutes into the conversation I noticed the phone was getting so hot that I can not let it touch my face any more so I hanged up and check, Baterry Monitor Widget indicates temperature were at 114.4 Fahrenheit. I have 3Do case on at that moment so I took the case off in hopes to cool it down ...

Anyone ever get that kind of temperature with your phone before?

nguyendqh

Dec 5, 2010
Houston
This morning I used Viber to make a call. Somewhere at the 29th minutes into the conversation I noticed the phone was getting so hot that I can not let it touch my face any more so I hanged up and check, Baterry Monitor Widget indicates temperature were at 114.4 Fahrenheit. I have 3Do case on at that moment so I took the case off in hopes to cool it down ...

Anyone ever get that kind of temperature with your phone before?

Is this something we should be worried about?
I just got my Amaze yesterday and haven't even used it yet.
Waiting for a screen protector.
Is this a common problem? 114f sounds pretty serious.

Leachpunk

Jun 1, 2009
Cincinnati
This may be weird, but have you guys switched to the SIM cards included in the box? The first week I had mine, it used to get really hot, I read somewhere that switching to the new sim card fixed that. Just a guess really, mine gets warm, but only after intensive use for about an hour or so..

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Just about every phone overheats once in awhile but you'll notice it a lot more with HTC phones because of the materials (metals) used to build the phone. Metals will always be too hot in the Summer and too cold in the winter. Similar to leather seats in a car without the heat or a/c on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

antiquezip

Oct 22, 2010
Is this something we should be worried about?
I just got my Amaze yesterday and haven't even used it yet.
Waiting for a screen protector.
Is this a common problem? 114f sounds pretty serious.

Not sure since this is my first 1/2 hour conversation - I will recheck again tomorrow with both calling on Tmobile and Viber to sort it out. I suspect it may cause by using Viber eventhough my previous use of Viber on HD2 did not caused such ...

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

This may be weird, but have you guys switched to the SIM cards included in the box? The first week I had mine, it used to get really hot, I read somewhere that switching to the new sim card fixed that. Just a guess really, mine gets warm, but only after intensive use for about an hour or so..

I am using the new sim card that came with the package.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

There is an update too that was released and that from what I've heard has helped with this type of issue.

I'm on the latest firmware 1.36.531.6 though

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Just about every phone overheats once in awhile but you'll notice it a lot more with HTC phones because of the materials (metals) used to build the phone. Metals will always be too hot in the Summer and too cold in the winter. Similar to leather seats in a car without the heat or a/c on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

I hopes it only happened once in a while too since I came from HD2 running both Winmo and Android - both SD card and Nand and my HD2 always been inside Otterbox Defender case and I've never had such issue.

Let's cross finger. Still have another 7 days to exchange tho

Attachments

• CAP201111202315.jpg
    CAP201111202315.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's happening to my phone also , every single phone that's released is going to have a faulty batch & I think me & you received them my phone got hot & my battery broke ;x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

ebocioj

May 19, 2010
Cape Coral, Florida
check your battery usage to see what app is using up your battery. i had the same problem with my amaze it would get supper hot and battery would die in 4 hours with no usage. turns out it was youmail the voicemaill app that was killing my phone.

nguyendqh

Dec 5, 2010
Houston
check your battery usage to see what app is using up your battery. i had the same problem with my amaze it would get supper hot and battery would die in 4 hours with no usage. turns out it was youmail the voicemaill app that was killing my phone.

Is there an app you recommend for monitoring battery usage?
I've seen screen shots of people showing some sort of battery graph and chart before, just don't know what they used to get that.

Thanks.

ashupanchal

Jun 10, 2011
Its all about radio transmits while using wifi and voice over ip . I think it happens especially when use VOIP software. Example fring too. Just try to soft reset and it will fix. It happens to Samsung galaxy ii as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

antiquezip

Oct 22, 2010
Its all about radio transmits while using wifi and voice over ip . I think it happens especially when use VOIP software. Example fring too. Just try to soft reset and it will fix. It happens to Samsung galaxy ii as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Not in my case. I was using VoIP on my mobile data connection.

I guess Revolution maybe right in that his and mine are in the same faulty batch though. Hopefully we got more members tracking on this issue for 114> Fareinheit is absolutely worrysome