[Q] Linux Commands to install Evervolv 4.3

Search This thread

TouchyTouchy

Feb 22, 2014
(Posted this over at Rootz Wiki and WebOSNation and it was suggested I post here for better response)

I am trying to use Knoppix to install Evervolv 4.3 onto my TP. Each time I open the terminal where the Palm,Inc files are, then enter the commands for installing, I get this:

knoppix@Microknoppix:/media/sda1/SAVE/pALM, iNC$ novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5E
bash: novacom.exe: command not found

trying this, produces:

knoppix@Microknoppix:/media/sda1/SAVE/pALM, iNC$ ./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5E
bash: ./novacom: No such file or directory

and this gets this:

knoppix@Microknoppix:/media/sda1/SAVE/pALM, iNC$ novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5E
failed to connect to server

I've re-installed novacom several times, updated the drivers and found the "palm-novacom_1.0.76_i386.deb" install in SynapticPM and that is what resides in my pALM, iNC directory.

There is no .exe or boot folder that I can see.

Novacom never did create a Palm, Inc folder at any time. I had to make a new folder with the name "pALM iNC" to double check this.

I also tried the suggestion over at WebOsNation here:
[Link removed due to newby status-check]
Here's the upshot of it, though-

knoppix@Microknoppix:/media/sda1/SAVE/pALM, iNC$ novacomd & novacom boot mem:// <ACMEInstaller5E
[1] 30138
bash: novacomd: command not found
failed to connect to server
[1]+ Exit 127 novacomd
Can I do something different to get this to work? I am totally new to TP, Android and Linux.
Thanks heaps.
TT

TouchyTouchy

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks, but, "File not found" on all those links for DL's.

I am wondering too why I can't get WebOSQuickInstall to work properly and thinking this may be a common factor here.
Whenever I go to install it, I get the "installing novacom drivers", then success, then cannot install as "no device connected" or something to that effect.
Could those all be related?

TouchyTouchy

Feb 22, 2014
yedall vague

After double checking my Java install from suggestions over at Rootz Wiki, I discover I had not installed Java. I was using Iced Tea-Web Plugin for Java applets and thought I was good to go.

Plus, I thought I had installed it because a Java pkg kept showing up in Synaptic PM, but I went to Oracle and it couldn't be found.

So, after hunting for some info I found this:
://andrewelkins....n-oracle-sucks/

and following this I ended up with-

Cannot write to `jdk-7u51-linux-i586.tar.gz' (No space left on device).
download failed
Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed.

I am running Knoppix on a 8Gb flash drive, and I will have to extend the data img before I try again.
Going on holiday for awhile, so won't be able to post back with results until I get back.

Thanks for the input guys.
Hope this helps somebody in the same predicament.

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
Using linux

After double checking my Java install from suggestions over at Rootz Wiki, I discover I had not installed Java. I was using Iced Tea-Web Plugin for Java applets and thought I was good to go.

Plus, I thought I had installed it because a Java pkg kept showing up in Synaptic PM, but I went to Oracle and it couldn't be found.

So, after hunting for some info I found this:
://andrewelkins....n-oracle-sucks/

and following this I ended up with-

Cannot write to `jdk-7u51-linux-i586.tar.gz' (No space left on device).
download failed
Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed.

I am running Knoppix on a 8Gb flash drive, and I will have to extend the data img before I try again.
Going on holiday for awhile, so won't be able to post back with results until I get back.

Thanks for the input guys.
Hope this helps somebody in the same predicament.

Did you get it installed?