[ROM] Android 2.0 (for devs, unstable)

Search This thread

akirah

Aug 27, 2007
Seattle / Warsaw
www.unixninja.eu
[ROM] ECLAIR from SDK

Hey,

If someone is too lazy to download SDK and wants to try eclair on G1 here it is. Just quick and dirty hack, and many issues which I'm not going to solve, or even take a look closer.

edit: Ok, I might take a look in my spare time as I truly love eclair features :)

Radio interface works for both call and data, wifi in theory loads but doesn't scan and connect. Bt doesn't work.

If you have exchange account is syncs mail and contacts (just add mail account).

Launcher is slow with scrolling, browser is multitouch with double tap (I really like it, and can't wait for AOSP eclair!).

Download

Last edited:

seaweeduk

Aug 19, 2009
Wow that was fast I'll have a flash and mess around later

Had a play in the emulator earlier can't wait for AOSP release either :)

FREAKJAM

Jun 20, 2009
flashing now, pretty excited how it looks!

its not that snappy yet indeed, and not yet rooted, but still i like it!
Too bad it also misses the market, so can't daily use this rom atm, but I just had to test ;)
Looking forward for the first eclair 2.0 roms!

Last edited:

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
wow, really would like to try it out but i don't wanna wipe since im running hero and dont really wanna set up everything again

harshkey

Dec 26, 2006
Info

Could someone please tell me if there is an option for skipping google sign-in/registration during the initial rom installation because i know the WIFI isn't working yet and i dont have a data plan. Thanks alot.:)

seaweeduk

Aug 19, 2009
flashing now, pretty excited how it looks!

its not that snappy yet indeed, and not yet rooted, but still i like it!
Too bad it also misses the market, so can't daily use this rom atm, but I just had to test ;)
Looking forward for the first eclair 2.0 roms!

I should imagine it will be a while before you see a usable daily eclair rom, this is just so people can get a taste without setting up the emulator wait till it hits AOSP. I agree though it's definitely looking fantastic :)

Cabarnacus

Mar 17, 2008
Aberdeen
Could someone please tell me if there is an option for skipping google sign-in/registration during the initial rom installation because i know the WIFI isn't working yet and i dont have a data plan. Thanks alot.:)

Has no google apps or google sign in. It just launches with basic open source apps like dialer and messaging.

Still an excellent preview.

Last edited: