[HOWTO] Completely Remove Voodoo Lagfix

Search This thread

Technowiz

Dec 6, 2010
i recently used your vooodoo unistall app now phone stuck on screend that reads e;can not mount/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 invalid arguement what do i do plz help soon

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
'Quick' steps to disable voodoo5. Plug your phone into your computer with debugging enabled and open command prompt. Type the following:

Code:
adb shell touch /sdcard/voodoo/disable_lagfix
adb reboot

When the phone reboots, you should hear the nice voice saying that voodoo is being disabled.

Last edited:

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
'Quick' steps to disable voodoo5. Plug your phone into your computer with debugging enabled and open command prompt. Type the following:

Code:
adb shell
touch /sdcard/voodoo/disable_lagfix
exit
adb reboot

When the phone reboots, you should hear the nice voice saying that voodoo is being disabled.

or you could just create a folder name disable_lagfix inside the Voodoo folder using ur phone My Files and then reboot manually using power button.. less drama

Technowiz

Dec 6, 2010
can you help me i have a vibrant on auxra 2.2.5 one before froyo. everything worked fine until installed voodoo then couldnt hear no sound from phone unles pluged headphones so tried deleting voodoo didint work then tried yor unistall app now phone dont turn on. needs to be conected first to sb or chargers and keeps repeating e; cant mount/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 invaild arguement .when connect phone to usb or charger also a screens comes up and i cant select either reboot now ,apply sdcard;update zip or wipe data or cwipe cache.just stuck plz help new phone and usless plz help www.joe.palomino@yAHOO.COM

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
...I am not sure how to even reply to this. You have a Vibrant. This is a Samsung Fascinate forum. We have different mountpoints. You just took every mountpoint for every partition in your phone and screwed it hard, with no lube.

Best reccomendation at this point is head over to the Vibrant forums here on xda and see if there are some Odin files you can use.

Sorry man, nothing I can do from here.

nmyeti

Jun 25, 2010
I just wanted to say that if you read, really read, the instructions and follow them exactly it's really pretty hard to screw this up. I like Voodoo because i do a lot of podcast downloads, heavy email use, and probably more to the point, tend to listen to a lot of music, and the other custom kernels seem to have audio issues. I've installed/uninstalled voodoo 5 probably about a half dozen times without issue. If you follow the instructions in this thread, it's not that hard.

jbrdr985

Aug 29, 2010
I want to uninstall voodoo, but I have a few questions.

1. I have the v0.2 voodoo...would that be voodoo 4? I downloaded it a few months ago so it was one of the very first versions.

2. I want to use your uninstall app, but you say don't use rom manager. What exactly do you mean? I can't reboot into recovery using the option in rom manager?

3. This will wipe everything, correct?

4. I'm scared. Hold me? :(

kurtratliff

Dec 3, 2010
Lifesaver

I was one of the crack people who completely screwed their phone with Odin - stuck in a force close loop of hell. Tried a thousand other things to try and fix it. Flashed the Odin file at the bottom of your post and everything is all good again!

aabfalter

Dec 12, 2010
Detroit, MI
help, my phone will only boot to the yellow triangle with Downloading... beneath it. I tried using odin to flash cwmod to it, but i still can't boot into it no matter what. My problems started when i flashed a kernel over voodoo lag fix without disabling/removing/whatever you're suppose to do first. Please Help! Thanks.

jvegastn

Apr 14, 2010
My phone won't boot; on boot it brings up the stock recovery. I'm able to apply CWM and get to the CWM recovery but thats about the extent of it. I have tried the Odin restore of sys, kernel and recovery to no avail. I try to restore one of my backups from CWM, all seems to go well but once the restore is complete I'm still stuck with either the stock or CWM recovery....thoughts?

jvegastn

Apr 14, 2010
When Recovery, System, and Kernel +Odin didn't work I ran across the DI01package3.tar.md5 flashed it with Odin and my phone is back as it should be.

o3dodgesrt4

Dec 20, 2010
spokane
Fascinate i500.04 SCH-I500
Firmware 2.1 update1
Kernal Ver. 2.6.29
D02-Kernal-LV-1250
rooted
voodoo 4
DI01

need some help in removing this voodoo4. causing my phone to reboot randomly, freeze, and forces apps to close randomly. im confused. dont know where to begin. someone? anyone? b4 i hang my self out to dry!

Driftcorpz

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks buddy also have you playd WoW with that account name with a guild called fallen warriors?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

o3dodgesrt4

Dec 20, 2010
spokane
Fascinate i500.04 SCH-I500
Firmware 2.1 update1
Kernal Ver. 2.6.29
D02-Kernal-LV-1250
rooted
voodoo 4
DI01

need some help in removing this voodoo4. causing my phone to reboot randomly, freeze, and forces apps to close randomly. im confused. dont know where to begin. someone? anyone? b4 i hang my self out to dry!

update 20dec2010: i did the disable_lagfix method. dont know if it worked. nothing has seemed to change. then i tried the automatic method which seemed to work. but now im missing some apps and it keeps randomly freezing during the bootup.
im really getting mad...im a total newb to this. so i could use some help. can anyone help me out? please? I see adrynalyn is the person to help me out but i cant PM him and no one here seems to care to respond. what gives?!!! sorry im mad and ranting.:mad:

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
update 20dec2010: i did the disable_lagfix method. dont know if it worked. nothing has seemed to change. then i tried the automatic method which seemed to work. but now im missing some apps and it keeps randomly freezing during the bootup.
im really getting mad...im a total newb to this. so i could use some help. can anyone help me out? please? I see adrynalyn is the person to help me out but i cant PM him and no one here seems to care to respond. what gives?!!! sorry im mad and ranting.:mad:

If you did the uninstaller, flash a nonvoodoo kernel. You may want to wipe everything as well. You should go through and read the remove voodoo threads and get all of the files needed to revert to stock. When you get it going again go through and remove anything voodoo related.

o3dodgesrt4

Dec 20, 2010
spokane
ive been trying that and half the links for files dont work. the other half make no sense to me. plus all the other posts being made deviate from the original problem. all i want is to get my phone back to 100% stock. is there someway to get all the files needed in one post or something. that way im not having to bounce all over the place and get confused to find this stuff.

update: ok so i tried it all again from what i did b4. seems to work. it rebooting fine now and all my apps are there. how do i know if voodoo 4 is actually gone?

Last edited:

o3dodgesrt4

Dec 20, 2010
spokane
update: EPIC FAIL!!! so i decided to do a cold boot. turned it off. left it for about 30 min. rebooted. it boots ok but none of my apps open. WTF!!! can someone direct me to the links to get this thing to stock again?

i want it unrooted, no voodoo, no nothing. just 100% stock as i got it from verizon.

aerodroid

Dec 6, 2010
Washington DC Metro Area
I tried to return to stock (system and kernal) without removed the Voodoo5 lag fix. . .that was my fault, I knew better and just forgot. . .

Obviously the phone won't boot . . . I grabbed Voodoo5 from this post (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=872378) flashed that kernel via ODIN and booted into red recovery. Turned off the lag fix . . .

HERE's the problem. . .it says lag fix is currently enabled and will be disabled at the next boot. BUT, I can boot the phone.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

So, i guess never mind. . .I used the sledge hammer approach. ODIN --> PDA --> DI01package3.tar.md5.tar

done and done

anyone interested can find that file at the following post

http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/DI01package3.tar.md5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS FOR VERIZON SAMSUNG FASCINATE USERS ONLY!

This should not normally be needed...but in my case it was. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA. THIS IS NOT A TRIVIAL PROCESS.

If you need to remove Voodoo4, for whatever reason (mine was not booting), this is how you do it:

1. Download original.mbr from here:
    http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/sgs/original.mbr (right click save as....)
    2. Download stock kernel:
    http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/sgs/stock.zip

2. Boot to cwm (battery pull, and hold up volume while putting it back in and connected to usb), and put original.mbr and stock.zip on your sdcard. Mount as mass storage or adb push them to sdcard.

3. Use adb to restore the mbr:
    Code:
    cat /sdcard/original.mbr > /dev/block/mmcblk0

4. Use cwm to restore the stock.zip (kernel).

5. Mount dbdata and nuke the contents.

Code:
    mkdir /dbdata
    Code:
    mount -t rfs -o nosuid,nodev,check=no /dev/block/stl10 /dbdata
    Code:
    rm -f /dbdata/*.*

6. Reboot back to stock recovery.
    Wipe data.

7. Apply CWM. Wipe data.

8. Reboot.

Done and done. Nandroid restore back after this, if you wish.

If this doesn't work, take the illogical steps of:

Flash system, kernel and PIT with Odin. Remember, only use pda and pit sections.
    Wipe again.

Automatic uninstaller
    I am adding the uninstaller again, but it is not perfect.

To use the uninstaller, DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER!

1. Boot clockwork, and apply the uninstaller.

2. Go to the advanced menu and choose reboot recovery.

3. Wipe data from stock recovery. Apply CWM. Wipe data from clockwork.

4. Reboot phone.

Voodoo Uninstaller DI01 ONLY

DJ05/Voodoo5 Instructions

1. Disable voodoo either by adding a disable_lagfix text file or folder to /sdcard/voodoo directory, or by using the RED clockwork recovery for voodoo and going to the voodoo menu. Remember , you can only boot to it via:

adb reboot recovery
    quickboot
    manually (hold volume+/- and power)
    framework modification.

Rom Manager cannot boot it.

2. Once disabled, flash a nonvoodoo kernel.

If red clockworkmod remains, please flash this, then reflash your nonvoodoo kernel of choice.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8642620/voodoo5/1129_test_novoodoo_fascinate.zip

Thanks jt1134 for kernel, and pii for bringing the issue to my attention.

http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/DI01package3.tar.md5

Flash via PDA in Odin. This will return you COMPLETELY to DI01 stock, bloat and all. You will need to reroot, etc.

IF red clockwork recovery remains, you can Odin this file as well, in PDA.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Stock-i500-VZW-Recovery.tar.md5
    thanks for posting this adrynalyne

seems today is don't RTFM day:rolleyes: