[ROM][DEV-only]CM9 Test Build 2 02/09

Search This thread

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
I'd love to test it, but I really think it needs some more info. First of all, what kernel does it use? Do we need to apply a certain version of CWM before installing? What are the known bugs?

No offense, but I really believe that people should be told what they are about to install.

Last edited:

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka
I'd love to test it, but I really think it needs some more info.

First of all, what kernel does it use? Do we need to apply a certain version of CWM before installing? What are the known bugs?

No offense, but I really believe that people should be told what they are about to install.
Build prop showing HTC vision...tried to change it now it shows installation aborted

That-Guy

Oct 11, 2009
As said we really need a list of whats working and whats not, also is this for U8800 and/or U8800 Pro?

Not many people will risk installing this with no information about it :rolleyes:

Cinthiar

Jul 15, 2011
You should really add in the post if this is in development and what works and what doesn't. Also worth mentioning is if it needs official GB installed.

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka
go ogled and got this below info

http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showt...-getprop(-ro-product-device-)-quot-bravo-quot

When you unzip the ROM, you will probably see two folders
* META-INF
* system

goto system folder and open build.prop in any text editor. You SHOULD have a property as ro.product.device=SOMEVALUE

now goto META-INF ---> google ---> android and open update-script in a text editor. This file should also contain a line
assert(getprop(ro.product.device)=="SOMEVALUE")

Both the values in the above two files should match. This is a compulsion for the installation to proceed. If they don't and you are sure, you have the correct ROM then you might want to manipulate the values. May be you can make copy the value from the 2nd file and paste in the first.

Zip the files again in the same hierarchy. You should be good to go.

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net

JaymzBond

Aug 13, 2011
Ankara
i think he just edits the installer script to accept our phone with desire z and releases it

it might look useless but it can courage other devs to look into that matter anyhow

so be respectful!

Reactions: Ozgurce

Cinthiar

Jul 15, 2011
i think he just edits the installer script to accept our phone with desire z and releases it

it might look useless but it can courage other devs to look into that matter anyhow

so be respectful!

Well, anyway he could add in the posts that its development and tell what it is. Not just big "Download" link.

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net

so be respectful!

I test it on .35 kernel and its got bootloop.
If your saying is true, its not a development or anything. Anyone can do that with notepad and winrar.

Top Liked Posts