[ROM]KaosFroyo V39 [12/19] [FROYO]

Search This thread

tyler1524

May 14, 2010
after mms fix i can recieve mms msgs but still cant send, did it all via terminal emulator and root explorer, assumed that wouldnt make a difference

EDIT: my mistake, mms is working recieving and sending now, thanks a lot Decad3nce

Last edited:

nate678

Jun 18, 2010
Ok, I know this is a strongly debated question, but other than this rom, which rom seems to be the best? im not talking look wise, im talking about how it preforms over all. I love this rom its just i plan on selling my phone so i dont want it with all these bugs, so if anyone can answer my question without a biased opinion i would greatly appreciate it.

C

ChainSawDeviant

Mms not working of course and auto rotate isn't either, any quick noob auto fix for that or is it more of aV22 release thing?? I'm content to wait if that's the only way for us noobs at this point.

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App

Romparoo

Jun 2, 2010
MMS Help

I just want to make sure I have the correct instructions to fix MMS on v20.

I have read a few different posts with different code.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction?

Also, perhaps Kaos you could post this in the first post? It would make it easier.

Thanks for helping.

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
I just want to make sure I have the correct instructions to fix MMS on v20.

I have read a few different posts with different code.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction?

Also, perhaps Kaos you could post this in the first post? It would make it easier.

Thanks for helping.

You push the apns-conf.xml from CELB Froyo to system/etc(idk why conap was saying lib/modules, because that's meant for kernel modules), read back in the posts to find the shell commands.

ottenjr81

Jun 26, 2010
Denver, Co.
You push the apns-conf.xml from CELB Froyo to system/etc(idk why conap was saying lib/modules, because that's meant for kernel modules), read back in the posts to find the shell commands.

Wooohooo. Worked like a charm. Thank you decad3nce and conap for helping this stupid nood out. Mms and sms in stock app or handcent works beautifully

Romparoo

Jun 2, 2010
Ok, let me see if I understand...

1. Download CELB 1.1

2. Don't know what to do here, do I flash CELB 1.1 to my phone, then run the command "adb push apns-conf.xml"?

3. Run my nanback up to v20 and then run command "adb push system/etc"

4. Then command
adb shell rm data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db
adb shell rm data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Thanks Decad3nce for your help.

ottenjr81

Jun 26, 2010
Denver, Co.
Ok, let me see if I understand...

1. Download CELB 1.1

2. Don't know what to do here, do I flash CELB 1.1 to my phone, then run the command "adb push apns-conf.xml"?

3. Run my nanback up to v20 and then run command "adb push system/etc"

4. Then command
adb shell rm data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db
adb shell rm data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Thanks Decad3nce for your help.

Unzip the rom. Then push the file to your phone. Run the code listed and reboot

Sent with my kaosfroyo eris using swype and xda app

ottenjr81

Jun 26, 2010
Denver, Co.
See this is why I asked someone to please start a thread with all this info and post a link here. I know, I'm at fault too :(

Sent with my kaosfroyo eris using swype and xda app

vantagejuan

Mar 4, 2010
Can someone please post the contents of the CELB froyo's apn-conf.xml? Or maybe post a link to the file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will there ever be a V39 or will PK concentrate on the Gingerbread Rom??

I've said it several times already, this rom isn't dead. You'll see v39.
    I have an update.zip you can flash to fix the v39 gps problem. Its attached to this message. It contains and installs libhardware_legacy.so from the v38 ROM.

Apologies to those who tried to download from the link earlier. The problem was that the file permissions where wrong after I moved it from the phone to my desktop. The permissions caused the file size after uploading to be 0 bytes.

Ken
    Anyone else having issues where all multitouch ability on their phone is randomly lost until after a reboot? Noticed it first when the browser lost the ability to pinch zoom, confirmed on the keyboard.
    v39 is good so far, except for internet browser fc'ing(which i dont really care about). does anyone know how to create an apps shortcut, because I cant access my apps anymore after i replaced it accidentally with a gmail icon. i cant create an apps shortcut...for some reason its not letting me do it.help me. thanks in advance

I did the same thing. Here is what you do:

Tap & Hold screen -> Custom Shortcut -> Launcher Actions -> Pick your activity -> Open/close App Drawer

Then drag this to the GMail icon in the drawer, and boom, you have it working again :)
    Did you try reflashing v23?

You won't have the wallpaper you wanted, but your phone will work.

You can always do an image search on google for wallpaper.

i reflashed got phone going no problem i just wondered where i screwed up