[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shiftymccool

Nov 29, 2008
USB connection

Hey guys, just installed 4.0 from coming from Paranoid Android and I am unable to tranfer files via USB. Neither the phone nor the computer are recognizing that they are linked. Fast charge is off. Any suggestions?

Kwaii49

Oct 24, 2010
First time using this particular ROM and its amazing. I've only been using it for 2 hours but I can truthfully share my experience so far. This ROM is faster than just the 1000 mhz cpu max limit. I've never downloaded 10 apps from the market as fast as i did with this rom on any other rom and it can keep up with me. It's very very fast with an additional smoothness that makes the phone feel faster than it really is. Great ROM and thank you for such hard work.

smartcard2

Mar 22, 2009
My device is Vibrant currently running MIUI, please guide what file to download and how to install Slim ICS on my phone.

thank you

joe98200

Sep 21, 2010
Inland Empire, CA
Just thought I'd note that this ROM works fine on the Globe network in the Philippines after unlocking the phone when it was running the stock ROM. I contemplated flashing a 2.2 ROM before flying but eff that, Slim is too good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: gregc2009

zul8er

Jul 1, 2008
My device is Vibrant currently running MIUI, please guide what file to download and how to install Slim ICS on my phone.

thank you

Base, Essentials, Gapps. In that order. Its all in the OP

Factory wipe. Clear cache, clear dalvik, format system. Then flash the 3 stated above and reboot

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

jonen

Jan 11, 2011

shiftymccool

Nov 29, 2008
Settle down

http://www.slimroms.com/changelogdownloadlink.htm

download links are on the website above.

if you really cant figure out from looking at the original post, i would highly suggest not flashing it at all. please attempt to figure it out on your own before asking silly questions.

thank you.

Not to be a prick or anything... but when you're new and not sure what to do, figuring things out = Vibrant brick. People shouldn't be made to be afraid of asking questions, this is a forum for discussing this ROM.

Kickass ROM, keep it up!

Reactions: RaymondPJR

Dani01c

Aug 24, 2010
Puerto Rico
I wish this rom was available for more phones. I wish I could install this on my sister's thrill 3D which is still on froyo it's dual core and is slow as hell!!

Last edited:

TheContinental

Nov 1, 2010
New life for Vibrant

I agree...also just came from ICS Passion and Euphoria. Slim ICS boots in half the time, and everything is zippier, and I mean everything. Kudos!

Amazing rom. I'm on a T-Mobile Vibrant and thought it was just too old and laggy as I have tried many roms. This is by far the best. Anyone with a Vibrant should give this a shot.

I came from ICS Passion 13.1

1) Downloaded
2) Wiped Cache
3) Formatted
4) Installed Base + Vibrant package + gapps

It just worked. No weird stuff. Installed Nova Launcher and am good to go.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.