HC-kTool ( a diamond in the rough )

Search This thread

Kebetz

Jan 4, 2012
Seattle
Hi. Just thought that the app kTool by HellCat doesnt get enough attention. I honestly thought it was something that everyone has but have learned that a lot of people dont even know about it. Here are uses:
Dump current kernel for quick zImage backup,
flash a /sdcard/zImage immediately and seamlessly.
Backup/restore EFS.
Install (up to) .efs+modem.bin+zImage in homemade update.tar instantly
Verify efs backup integrity.
Reboot to system, recovery, or download mode.
Simple yet effective user interface. Very user friendly.
I have been using this app for several months. Hell, all year. Its fantastic. Ill post a link in a moment.

Im hoping threads THAT I ACTUALLY CREATE dont get deleted

Last edited:

veritasaequita

Jul 6, 2009
Slidell
Wrong section. This belongs in Themes & Apps not General! Lol jk

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

look at you go boy! u practicing to be a moderator? now if you could only move it for him. nope can't do though, geesh...thinking...ive got it, im not completely sure on this but i think the current mods generally do there job so well that they are able to find the threads that need to b moved all by themselves. But hey, atleast your practicing:thumbup:

lol/jk
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: Kebetz

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
look at you go boy! u practicing to be a moderator? now if you could only move it for him. nope can't do though, geesh...thinking...ive got it, im not completely sure on this but i think the current mods generally do there job so well that they are able to find the threads that need to b moved all by themselves. But hey, atleast your practicing:thumbup:

lol/jk

We try...... Thank you for noticing! ;)

---Jay--- From the CM9 powered E4GT

Reactions: Kebetz

Kebetz

Jan 4, 2012
Seattle

Is anyone gonna wreck his head-hole for being off topic?
;)

(probably actually belonged in off-topic thread but it is very useful/safe and themes&apps doesnt get seen....) (plus, i fell asleeo and never posted the link, lol there is no app in here)
Edit: i then realized after posting all that that my slack had been picked up,
Thanks.

Last edited:

Kebetz

Jan 4, 2012
Seattle
Oh, I also heard nobody rocks a custom boot logo but me, =/ I hope thats not true, but if you need

Note:Will not work by itself on ICS, I didnt have it on GB so Im not sure on that..
Also by hellcat (not sure, Rain, probably. He's awesome)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hellcat.droiddev.sgs2bootlogo

Pick your desired boot or charge screen image, crop it to your size
Press "Set As (whichever...)" THEN
This app isnt programmed for ICS on our variant, but it gets the job half done.
You will now have a ".lfs.tmp" on "/sdcard." Make a copy of your desired boot logo called "gaudi_bootimage.jpg" and overwrite the one in ".lfs.tmp"
Now you simply remove the ".tmp" from the name and merge it with "/mnt/.lfs"
Enjoy, it took me a while to notice this little workaround.

Last edited:

rujelus22

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
Hi. Just thought that the app kTool by HellCat doesnt get enough attention. I honestly thought it was something that everyone has but have learned that a lot of people dont even know about it. Here are uses:
Backup/restore EFS.
I have been using this app for several months. Hell, all year. Its fantastic. Ill post a link in a moment.

Im hoping threads THAT I ACTUALLY CREATE dont get deleted and replaced by threads I did not create with the only missing information being embarrassing pwnin of a mod. who does whatever he pleases then locks it up so he cant get embarrassed anymore....also hoping that my own thread is "on topic" since helping somebody whos OP is about having slow internet get faster internet is unacceptable in this community.

Market link in a minute. Im pretty sure its free.

If ive helped you in any please wear your
"Mod the Mod"
badge with honor.

Do we need an app for any of those things? I don't get it.

Kebetz

Jan 4, 2012
Seattle
Do we need an app for any of those things? I don't get it.
Im going to assume you are not being facetious and answer,
There are two apps linked from here, unrelated other than the creator, but both are really usefull.
If you mean the boot logo, you wouldnt need the app if you figured out how the app makes .lfs all nice and tame... thats a mean, bad folder! Lol. Hope that was what you meant.

rujelus22

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
Im going to assume you are not being facetious and answer,
There are two apps linked from here, unrelated other than the creator, but both are really usefull.
If you mean the boot logo, you wouldnt need the app if you figured out how the app makes .lfs all nice and tame... thats a mean, bad folder! Lol. Hope that was what you meant.

No i mean the ktool. can't we just do all of that stuff. And why would you even want to mess with the efs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backup/restore EFS.

Im hoping threads THAT I ACTUALLY CREATE dont get deleted
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hellcat.droiddev.ktool

ps...just thought id help out
    Is that the same HellCat from the PSP Scene? If it is you guys have one hell of an asset there. Not that we are running short of good developers coming to Android.

lol/jk