Restore the LED ring functionality on CM11

Search This thread

mannberg

Nov 20, 2011
Anyone tried to install the tungsten led service apk from the factory images? I tried I got this error: INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE

Anyone have an ide how to install this apk? I guess it a system apk so I might have to install it in /system/app. I will try some more tonight. It would be nice to have booth the visualizer service and the volume (TungstenLEDService) displayed on the led ring. If anyone tries to install TungstenLEDSerive.apk and/or Visualizer.apk please post your results

will try with
Code:
adb push TungstenLEDService.apk /system/app
tonight when Im back from work. I post my findings here.

from http://bliny.net/blog/post/Nexus-Q-LED-Applications.aspx
Code:
Priority	Application	Description
0 / 100	TungstenLEDService	Master volume. Uses 100 to override everything when volume is changing and switches to 0 otherwise.
5	Visualizer	        Displays theme-based animations.
10	NetworkLedController	Network status indication.
20	HubBroker	        Bluetooth Pairing portion of the @home broker.
25	HubBroker	        NFC handler.

Last edited:

mannberg

Nov 20, 2011
I did this to install the apk.

enable root over adb on developer settings

adb push TungstenLEDService.apk /sdcard/
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /system
cp /sdcard/TungstenLEDService.apk /system/app/

set permission with filemanager

got error:
Package com.google.tungsten.ledservice has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!

any ideas what to do? Do I need to resign tha apk with cm11 shared user android.uid.system? Where do I get that key?

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
Agreed this feature should be restored.. Wish I could help..but I also tried this and couldn't get packages to install or work

Sent from my Nexus 5

mcsaucy

Feb 28, 2014
I'd love to take a poke at this, but I unfortunately don't have a copy of the apk kicking around. Any ideas on locating it or did I miss my chance when I wiped it?

nexus15

Mar 23, 2005
Google Pixel 5
Bounty

I think this is going to require the help of very smart people to get this working in 4.4 I want this back too as I bought a Q on ebay. It may have to be built from the ground up, with someone discovering the hooks in the old system image. I would think a toggle app would work best, where it could be turned on or off so it could work with any music player or video app.

I'm willing to pitch $15 to someone who figures this out.

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
What did the LEDs do?

Out of curiosity, what sort of functionality are you asking for from the LEDs?

Some folks, myself included, have never used the stock ROM, so are unfamiliar with what the LEDs used to do out of the box. Was it more like a normal Android LED (used principally for silent notifications), or did they do something else like dance in time to the music?

Last edited:
Reactions: ottoemezzo

dts924s

Nov 4, 2012
Out of curiosity, what sort of functionality are you asking for from the LEDs?

Some folks, myself included, have never used the stock ROM, so are unfamiliar with what the LEDs used to do out of the box. Was it more like a normal Android LED (used principally for silent notifications), or did they do something else like dance in time to the music?

Yes, the lights moved and alternate with the beat of the music like a visual equalizer. You can probably find videos of it in action on YouTube

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
Aha! Cool! Any idea what the LEDs do now by default? I notice using Moose0704's unofficial CM11 it is generally neon blue, but sometimes pale yellow (only when daydreaming). Perhaps related to CPU usage?

nexus15

Mar 23, 2005
Google Pixel 5
Aha! Cool! Any idea what the LEDs do now by default? I notice using Moose0704's unofficial CM11 it is generally neon blue, but sometimes pale yellow (only when daydreaming). Perhaps related to CPU usage?

LED do nothing now with the roms that let us use it as a regular android device. I want it to detect audio is coming out of the device and move the LED lights accordingly, when either music or a video is playing. Blue is the standby color when the device is waiting for something to happen. Yellow (or maybe it was orange) was (on the original stock rom) for not being able to connect to wifi.

Last edited:

nexus15

Mar 23, 2005
Google Pixel 5
Did anyone notice that the latest OTA update for the ADT-1 (build LPX13D) has a new TungstenLEDService.apk?

Grab the ADT-1 OTA zip from http://android.clients.google.com/p...a.signed-molly-LPX13D-from-LPW39.92b93576.zip
Source: http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/ADT-1_Android_TV#Updates

This is very interesting. Hopefully this can be ported. I can only hope that lollipop on our nexus Q + this apk + music playing from google music casting to the Q = leds working?

Top Liked Posts