What's the matter with this S4?

Search This thread

alogir

Jun 29, 2014
So I bought a Windows Phone months ago to see what it works like but I think it's utter garbage. I put it up on Craigslist and some guy sent me a message asking if I want to switch it with his Galaxy S4. The S4 is still worth more than the phone I had so I agreed.

Almost everything is working fine and I'm very happy with it but there is one problem that I'm having. I went to the Software update thingy to see if it was running on the latest version of Android and it said: your phone is customized so you can't update. I normally don't root any of my phones because I'm too much of a noob for that and I'm sure I'd end up with a very expensive brick, so I didn't know what to do now.

I did some Googling and found out that I could unroot the phone with SuperSU (which was on the phone when I bought it). I run SuperSU but it says: "There is no su binary installed and supersu cannot install it. This is a problem!" Upon clicking OK, SuperSU closes. I also downloaded a program in the play store to verify if the phone was indeed rooted but the app says that my phone is not rooted! :eek:

Meanwhile, I still can't update to the latest Android version and an application that I use to watch TV refuses to work. That application says: "because of copyright issues, television is not available on devices of which the software was adjusted by the user ("rooted" devices)." So according to the TV app, the phone is rooted, but according to a root checker app, it is not.

*sigh* How can I get the phone back to like it would be if I would buy it in a store? I don't want it rooted or customized or anything. I just want to be able to use the TV app and update to the latest Android version. Anyone here who can help me out? I would really appreciate it, thanks a lot in advance!

alogir

Jun 29, 2014
Flash a stock ROM via Odin. Download ROM at Sammobile ;)

But Knox counter is 0x1. And its iposible to revert it to 0x0. But it never mind until you want to use your warranty ;)

Thanks for your response. :)

Well, I thought about doing that but I can't seem to find a stock ROM for my country over at SAMMobile. :(
I ended up installing Cyanogenmod, so all is well now.

Thanks again!