[App] [Apr-26-09] WM6.5 Favorite People Plug-in

Search This thread

AppStar

May 15, 2008
AppStar Titanium
Favorite People Plug-in

This plug-in allows you to add your favorite contacts to the WM 6.5 CHome (aka Titanium) homescreen.
Supports VGA, WVGA, QVGA, WQVGA, and QVGA Square

atcontactsss3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install:
1. Install the .Net Compact Framework 2.0 or higher if you don't already have it. (It's required but most cooked roms have it)
2. Install the attached ATContacts v0.98.CAB to Device
3. Enjoy easy access to all your favorite peeps!

Usage:
Tap the "Select Favorite People" panel to add a contact and a phone number of your choice.
Tap the contact panel to view the contact card.
Tap the "Call" softkey to initiate a phone call to the stored number.

History:
v0.98 Beta
- Improved load time when viewing contact card
- Added ability to change "fave people" caption to something else
- Added alternate layout option with larger contact photo
- Added ability to apply user customized layouts
- Changed deployment to use the new AppStar Titanium Plug-in Installer

v0.95 Beta
- Added ability to change order of favorite contacts
- Improved dial time after tap to call phone number almost instantly
- Added Actions tab to set global tap actions across all contacts. Set Tap contact panel and Tap soft key 2 to: View contact info, Call phone number, or Send SMS
- Fixed the fave contacts disappearing bug after restart that a few users are having

v0.91 Beta
- Added support for WVGA, QVGA, WQVGA, and QVGA Square

v0.9 Beta - First Release
- VGA Only

Planned Updates:
1. Add new category to contacts for easy restore.

Epic thanks to drkfngthdragnlrd, showaco and everyone else involved in CHome research. You guys all rock!!!
Thanks to chanvi93 and mysha for testing .NetCF 3.5!
Thanks to drkfngthdragnlrd and 151jcolon for non-VGA layouts!

Background wallpapers:
AppStar Metal 1
AppStar Metal 2

WM 6.5 + VGA, WVGA, QVGA, WQVGA, and QVGA Square

v0.98 is the latest

Last edited:

mouki_9

Nov 7, 2008
wvga please, and would it be possible to (may b discuss with the other CHome devs) get all those panels en merge them in one application so we can decide for ourselves which ones to use and not to use. One app to modify Titanium would be great!
mouki_9 keeps his fingers crossed....

focosi

May 25, 2008
wvga please, and would it be possible to (may b discuss with the other CHome devs) get all those panels en merge them in one application so we can decide for ourselves which ones to use and not to use. One app to modify Titanium would be great!
mouki_9 keeps his fingers crossed....

Look for Ipaso Titanium customizer on this forum...

chanvi93

Jan 7, 2008
Hello AppStar
Great work , but i would like to know why NetCF 2.0 ? All cooked rom are with NetCF 3 or 3.5 , only official rom is with 2.0 , at this moment official rom is not existing .

Krzysiec

Aug 22, 2008
Rzeszów
GREAT ADD ON! ;) THNX for this ! ... I see U know WM 6.5 more than me ... Maybe somebody know how to change path to pictures directory ? I want to display (on WM 6.5 Today) pictures from Internal not device. ;)

Flip78

May 2, 2007
Yes !
That's an excellent contribution to Titanium.
I will try to integrate this in my cpr.
THANKS !!!
:)

AppStar

May 15, 2008
Hello AppStar
Great work , but i would like to know why NetCF 2.0 ? All cooked rom are with NetCF 3 or 3.5 , only official rom is with 2.0 , at this moment official rom is not existing .

NetCF 3 and 3.5 are just extensions ot the 2.0 framework. So Favorite People should run on 2.0 or higher. If you'd like to help me out and test that would be great. I plan on installing a fresh rom in a couple days and will test myself with 3.5 only.

AppStar

May 15, 2008
First off, great work!!!

Secondly, how'd you manger to get this to work. I noticed there's no cpr's in the CAB. I was going to make the layouts for qvga etc lol.

Thanks drkfngthdragnlrd! You made all this possible.

Hehe, I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to ask how I'm deploying this. Deployment was more difficult than the app itself. It's a mult-step process I'll try to explain real quick.

1. I use the cab to install the required program files and start menu icon as usual.

2. I use a custom embedded setup.dll in the cab to perform the following functions:

a. Check the "Plugins" registry value for "ATContacts" and append it if it's not there.

b. Check the "ExtensibilityXML" registry value for "ATContacts" and insert it in front of "CPhone" if it's not there.

c. This is the big one. Get the device resolution to determine the names of the Titanium cpr files. eg: Titanium_(width)x(height).cpr for portrait and opposite of that for landscape. Then check with RegularExpressions if my ATContacts markup is already in the .cpr files. If it's there delete it incase it's old and then add the latest markup appropriate for that screen size.

All this makes the plugin fully compatible with any other installed plugins or customizations.

Go ahead and do the QVGA layouts if you want and send them. I'll take the ATContacts portion out and insert it into my installer. It will know what resolution to install automatically.

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Thanks drkfngthdragnlrd! You made all this possible.

Hehe, I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to ask how I'm deploying this. Deployment was more difficult than the app itself. It's a mult-step process I'll try to explain real quick.

1. I use the cab to install the required program files and start menu icon as usual.

2. I use a custom embedded setup.dll in the cab to perform the following functions:

a. Check the "Plugins" registry value for "ATContacts" and append it if it's not there.

b. Check the "ExtensibilityXML" registry value for "ATContacts" and insert it in front of "CPhone" if it's not there.

c. This is the big one. Get the device resolution to determine the names of the Titanium cpr files. eg: Titanium_(width)x(height).cpr for portrait and opposite of that for landscape. Then check with RegularExpressions if my ATContacts markup is already in the .cpr files. If it's there delete it incase it's old and then add the latest markup appropriate for that screen size.

All this makes the plugin fully compatible with any other installed plugins or customizations.

Go ahead and do the QVGA layouts if you want and send them. I'll take the ATContacts portion out and insert it into my installer. It will know what resolution to install automatically.

If you can give me your original P&L 480x640 layouts. I can make qvga/wqvga/wvga and square. and than just send it back to youIt's simply a matter of just adjusting the left and top values of the original. QVGA being half of VGA. As for the w version, just moving the icon on the right over how ever many pixels bigger the screen is in landscape.

Oh yeah, that is a great method for installing it. The only suggestion I'd make is not use cphone as some people are using the chome all-in-one plugin which means they won't have cphone in the list. CClock is probably the best bet as almost everyone wants the clock.

Last edited:

ziupo

Feb 8, 2009
And is it possible to create a similar plugin which would display a list of recently made and received calls?

mysha

Jul 22, 2008
Vancouver
Great little addition to Titanium, thanks!
To confirm, this works great on a CDMA Diamond running FuFu Rom 4.5.3.1 which is rocking .NET Compact Framework v3.5.7283.0. Just an FYI, this will not install to Internal Storage, so make sure that you're installing to Device.
For the next version, I would be really excited to see contacts sorted alphabetically if possible.
Thanks again!
Myke...