[ROM] Rebuild of Leaked V20o Gingerbread Update

Search This thread

spyrosk

Jan 4, 2012
Athens
So, fd not working. I am going back to v20m, battery life is worse on v20o for me. I see me baseband tripping in the tray as well all the time, ruins battery-life, even after removing the fd logging. Hope spica will give us some magic kernel now, even though still based on v20l, with some cool stuff that will make our devices work better.

My friend wapz, could you please take a look at the attached logcat of a rooted stock V20L and let me know if FastDormancy is supported by this network provider?

If yes, I think I'll go back to V20m (from V20o) too.
Thank you

Attachments

• logcat-Jim.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 18

Dac0908

Dec 11, 2009
I agree. Flashed this yesterday, ROM works excellent - so quick and fluid without any tweaking, it's great!

But I'm going home from work with 50% percent battery, without surfing or anything, so I have to recharge it before night. 4 sms, 3 viber messages, 2 or 3 emails and that's it. Not even 1 phone call. Hypnos v1.0 could do that for 2 days. Not good :(

Using 20l BB. With newer one my phone was unreachable, 3G was unstable... maybe I'll try with custom kernel

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
Did you phone go to hsdpa indicated by the h in the tray during this trace and did you allow for some time of inactivity after?

spyrosk

Jan 4, 2012
Athens
Did you phone go to hsdpa indicated by the h in the tray during this trace and did you allow for some time of inactivity after?

Yes, It went to H while downloading and then went back to G. Then I e-mailed me the log.
So can you figure out anything about this provider?
Thank you in advance for your time.

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
Where is smartshare in this rom? I am talking about option inside settings->Wireless and Networks, to turn on the server, not the client (the App).
Isn't this rom a stock one? This app is the only reason that makes me give off CM7.

I am talking about the option as described on P990 manual as following picture

Attachments

• dlna.jpg
    dlna.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

alakyr

Nov 22, 2011
http://www.facebook.com/LGItalia/posts/10150496271322585

for those that don't underastand italian, lg said that they agree with the better performance and user experience of v20o but they aren't satisfied about the part about the signal then they are working on it and delayed the release then soon we could have another better room (or at least I hope =P)

Last edited:
Reactions: yann73

KillerbeeNL

Dec 25, 2008
Where is smartshare in this rom? I am talking about option inside settings->Wireless and Networks, to turn on the server, not the client (the App).
Isn't this rom a stock one? This app is the only reason that makes me give off CM7.

I am talking about the option as described on P990 manual as following picture

agree .. for a workaround i use iMediashare ...Works perfect except for photo's because that is not working on my AC Ryan mini HD

mattx93

Oct 17, 2008
is it possible to have an other mirror since filesonic and fileserve is not usable anymore?
Thanks in advance

jazzie

Dec 1, 2006
Please, can you post the url where I can find the procedure to flash my P990 using this 20o release? I'm new with LG P990

Grazie!

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Any idea if LG are still working on the official v20o release, or have they abandoned it in favour of ICS?

kruppin

Dec 17, 2010
localhost
Any idea if LG are still working on the official v20o release, or have they abandoned it in favour of ICS?
I would guess that there will be a v20q or something, since they've released a kernel with that version. Or it is like you say, and they just released the latest GB kernel sources and then moved on to ics to make the deadline.
V20o is however more stable then v20l so one would think they could release the latest gb build until ics is on the way. There could however been an operator that complaind on something and LG just decided to skip it.
The one developer they have need the time to complete ICS. ;)

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
i ve discarded the 20o for signal loss and dont be able to get it back until restart :\
Edit the file build.prop (from /system) and change where it appears "P990_EUR_xx" for "P990" and solved. You must reboot the phone.

Regards!
Did you try with another ril. I had problems with the provided ril as well, since it might have been optimized for the italian users. you can use getril from market, but i recommend that you have a wifi connection as well, when you try it out.
I really like this release. The biggest problem i have, is that a lot of apps is missing from the market.

I don´t quite get this.
This means that if an Italian user takes his/her Italian-optimised 2X to Nix86's country, then the phone might start losing the signal? Do we have to change the RIL before every trip?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changelog:

· Fixed some connection problems with On-Screen Phone after restarting the service
    · Fixed a problem due to file corruption which caused the misfire batterystats.bin smartphone
    · On the "compcache" to improve performance in situations of shortage of RAM
    · Fixed some problems in the force close applications preloaded
    · Fixed the problem of missing USB icon when your smartphone is connected to the PC and press the home button
    · Implement the latest security patches Google
    · Implemented video chat through Google Talk
    · Fast Dormancy enabled with 3G connection active in deep sleep mode to resolve problems of over-consumption of the battery
    · Correct operation of the Camera Auto Brightness
    · Improved speed and responsiveness of scrolling homescreen launcher in LG
    · Implemented a fix to prevent memory leaks using the Wi-Fi
    · Fixed the problem of non-GPS fix accendendendo off and shut down the smartphone with GPS
    · Fixed problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks with more than 13 channels
    · Google implemented the GMS r9
    · SIP enabled
    · Improved recovery after being in the network coverage area
    · Fixed some problems that prevented them from making calls with network coverage
    · Fixed problem that prevented to activate the Wi-Fi
    · Improved the stability of the smartphone with a patch to the kernel
    · Improved display lighting after awakened from sleep mode smartphone, which now takes place more smoothly
    · Implemented application Google Music
    · Fixed compatibility issues with the call list Bluetooth installed in Ford cars
    · Improved battery indicator implementing notches from 5% instead of 20%
    · Removed the App Advisor as the service will be closed at the end of 2011
    · Fixed problems off the Wi-Fi

Feature:

· Rebuilded
    · Deodexed
    · Pre-Rooted
    · Zipaligned
    · Busybox
    · Init.d support
    · Auto-Conversion to EXT3

Download (Rebuild):
    Filesonic
    Fileserve

MD5: 4189de8d550d84d6fafdc71a1dc469cc

if you want to make a donation for my work click the link below:

only *.kdz firmwares installs non wipe if I am correct

i was modify the original ROM by removing the line converting partitions from ext4 to ext3, then if you have stock 2.3 on ext3, you can try this rom without wipe data and apps, but first you have to make a wipe dalvik cache and wipe cache partition in recovery...

rom: http://www.multiupload.com/8T5THPZ1MH
    Your data and apps will be not deleted...
    Changelog:

Feature:

Download (Rebuild):
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/YDuWGwe

MD5: 4189de8d550d84d6fafdc71a1dc469cc

if you want to make a donation for my work click the link below:

Thank you so very much!!! you have been giving us so many surprises!!!!! Its great to be part of 2x family!!! cheers!!hoping to get more and more from you@@:p:p:p:p;););)
    Solution of the file sharing pages ;)

Filesonic is really sucks, but there is a lot of other file share page, which are sucks too. Try to get premium account on these pages, and it will be work great for you. For examply in this page they DAILY upload some premium account username and password pairs (filesonic is daily refreshed :)), and it is really work (for some bigger sharing page).
    These accounts is alive for a day, after that you should try a newer account what they uploaded ;)

The link: http://gloriousphu.com/share/account.php

Internet gives us many opportunities ;)