[ROM]VIPERrom [ArtifiCIAL] DK17 2.6 BETA - UPDATED! 12-05-2010

Search This thread

BThomas22x

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Scottdale
appreciate it bro, don't mean to be needy :D

lol it's cool man, no worries ...i'm all about helping people get this set up so they can run my ROM :) ...anyways, here's how to use odin...

Download the modem and pit files and the odin file and open them.

place the pit file in the "ops" section and the "modem.bin" in the "phone" section.
Make sure in the options box on the left side that "reboot" is the ONLY thing checked.
Then hit start, and it will run through the process.

kingkung

Nov 12, 2010
lol it's cool man, no worries ...i'm all about helping people get this set up so they can run my ROM :) ...anyways, here's how to use odin...

Download the modem and pit files and the odin file and open them.

place the pit file in the "ops" section and the "modem.bin" in the "phone" section.
Make sure in the options box on the left side that "reboot" is the ONLY thing checked.
Then hit start, and it will run through the process.

when you odin both those files, does that flash the rom and the modem? so if i were odin both those files, i wouldn't need to flash the rom through clockwork mode?

BThomas22x

Oct 8, 2010
Scottdale
And if you can explain to noobs how to set up the adb thing? plz.

Download "Eclipse Galileo" with the link i provided you on page 4? ...and download android SDK ...if you google it, it will come up.

when eclipse is installed, open it and go to "window" on the toolbar at the top. At the bottom there is a "android sdk and avd manager", click that. then on the left side click "available packages" and install the newest package versions.

after the install, open "my computer" and place the SDK folder in the "C:" drive. Then open command prompt and type "C:/sdk/tools" and it should pop up to say exactly that ...Then type "adb devices" to see if it's working. If it gives you a list of devices then you're good to go ...if not, go back and update the packages to a different version.

Dameon87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2008
OnePlus 8
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Now I do not want to rain on your parade Thomas. Nice work on the ROM and all, but this "Lagfix" is quite misleading. The only thing that it effectively does is trick benchmarks into thinking the I/O speeds are faster by looping an ext2 fs over rfs. The result is that the benchmark is fooled into giving it a higher score. The result ends up higher because of the ram buffer, similar to using a tmpfs.

How many times must I say it? Benchmarks do not equal real world performance.
All you are doing here is increasing benchmark results at the cost of space on your phone.

Just my 2 cents.

bryanfritz1

Mar 23, 2009
Sycamore
Just curious but couldn't you create a .tar file of your rom so we could do the rom, and modem in odin @ the same time or would we still have to run odin twice, once from rom, and once for modem. Also when flashing modems does the full battery rule apply?thx in advance. Great work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

BThomas22x

Oct 8, 2010
Scottdale
Now I do not want to rain on your parade Thomas. Nice work on the ROM and all, but this "Lagfix" is quite misleading. The only thing that it effectively does is trick benchmarks into thinking the I/O speeds are faster by looping an ext2 fs over rfs. The result is that the benchmark is fooled into giving it a higher score. The result ends up higher because of the ram buffer, similar to using a tmpfs.

How many times must I say it? Benchmarks do not equal real world performance.
All you are doing here is increasing benchmark results at the cost of space on your phone.

Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate the input, but i have noticed a performance boost on my phone. Maybe i'm a little slow, but if i notice it, then why doesn't it work? Perhaps it doesn't work, but perhaps it does. The only way to know is to try it i suppose. If it doesn't work, then i apologize people, and don't worry about it.

BThomas22x

Oct 8, 2010
Scottdale
Just curious but couldn't you create a .tar file of your rom so we could do the rom, and modem in odin @ the same time or would we still have to run odin twice, once from rom, and once for modem. Also when flashing modems does the full battery rule apply?thx in advance. Great work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

nah, you don't odin the rom.. .you flash the rom through clockwork... the only thing you odin is the modem.

JudasD

Aug 16, 2007
BThomas22x I found one quick item on this rom. The file CalendarProvider.apk is missing and it's preventing the calendar from syncing on Corporate Exchange. I pulled that apk from the DK05 leak and also used the Tablet email version and all is well now. I can sync my email and calendar and not have to worry about using a PIN. :D

Thanks,
JD

myphoneisepic

Sep 23, 2010
Tulsa
i downloaded the modem and pit, extracted the modem and pit zip , clicked on select ops , went to downloads , and clicked on the extracted modem and pit and its empty.. any ideas?

Top Liked Posts