[ROM][GT-N7100][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thread

Search This thread

nebkat

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
- There are bugs and we know them all. Don't try to report bugs or complain about. We'll blacklist you.
- No, we don't accept feature request. We've enough work to do with fixing bugs.
- Don't ask for changelogs!
- Never ask for new builds!
- Use it or leave it!
- Don't create a ROM based upon this! Creating a ROM on a buggy and unstable base is a stupid idea!
- kkthxbye

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2, or coming from another ROM:
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
- Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Reboot

CM10.1 unofficial builds:
20121207: Direct download
20121209: Direct download - Phone app derp fixed
20121211: Direct download
- GFX Improvements
- STK Fixes
- BT Improvements

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

1noTtl.png
7orcIl.png

I05ZMl.jpg
kFpQ5l.png

I know screenshots are from I9300, it is the same on N7100

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
Thanks to all donators!

Last edited:

Sebring5

Aug 23, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Except for phone app derps (when making call), I can live with all the bugs. Be careful, restoration of back up CM10 or reinstalling CM10 may be a little out of the ordinary. Used TWRP, probably should have used CWM recovery. Restoration and reinstallation was different. New SD Card folders were created by CM10.1 and all the data existed but not in the same folder as before. Backups previously in one folder were split into 2 back up folders in different SD Card folders. After reinstalling CM10 again, it was more like before but still different. Eventually I'll have it all sorted out. Just want to let you know restoring your back up or reinstalling CM10, especially if you use TWRP, may be a little tricky.

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
Like in one of first few posts. If you install this ROM and then restore a Sammy or other ROM the contents of the sdcard end up in a folder within the sdcard, in my case a folder called "0".

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

That probably has to do with how Android handles multiple users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Sebring5

Aug 23, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
So what is the way to restore any backup if standard recovery doesn't see "0" and report there is no files to restore ?

Which recovery are you using? I was using TWRP and was able to find an older back up to restore. I can now locate all the back up files with TWRP irrespective of the SD Card location. TWRP lets me go through all my files and folders to find the one I need when restoring.

You may have to download the rom you want to use and install from the get go unless can access a back up with your recovery program. You could also install a version of CWM that is updated to use 4.2 (if one exists) and then find your back up files.

Last edited:

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
OnePlus 7 Pro
Which recovery are you using? I was using TWRP and was able to find an older back up to restore. I can now locate all the back up files with TWRP irrespective of the SD Card location. TWRP lets me go through all my files and folders to find the one I need when restoring.

You may have to download the rom you want to use and install from the get go unless can access a back up with your recovery program. You could also install a version of CWM that is updated to use 4.2 (if one exists) and then find your back up files.

Thanks for answer , I flashed TWRP , copied backup folder to ext sd card and restore from there ..but I probably return to CM10.1 in a day or so :) It looks pretty awsome considering so early stage of this ROM. And there is a lot work doing by CM team when I look into gerrit. After today fix (phone derp) I can't only wait for BT uadio fix ..

Last edited:

drfranz

Apr 10, 2012
I'm glad CM 10.1 is in the making for our device! :)

A huge THANKS to the devs!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Fihlvein

Aug 19, 2010
Edit: I won't be updating this any more.

As some of you want to know what exactly does and doesn't work at current (nebkat's) build of CM 10.1 for Note II, I'll maintain a list of things I spot misbehaves. This is only for you, dear fellow CM users', information. I'm a long time fan of CM and I bleed for having the latest stuff, and on top of that I like to tick tack every little setting I find. Still, these are just my observations and could very well be false information. More special features like NFC or Tethering might go untested.

Build 9th of December
  • UI lag
  • Minor graphic glitches when scrolling
  • Bluetooth won't turn on, hence BT Tethering won't work
  • Notifications e.g. GTalk, Gmail, triggers vibration even though it's disabled in respective apps settings
  • Some apps semi freezing at times (noticed with Chrome and Root Explorer)
  • Keyboard freezing at times, could be related to apps freezing
  • See also teamhacksung's own list of known N7100 issues.
If you want to ask for a specific feature, I might be able to try. And of course a big hug to nebkat & the whole teamhacksung for taking care of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: ppau0822

bouzoubaa

Jun 27, 2008
As some of you want to know what exactly does and doesn't work at current (nebkat's) build of CM 10.1 for Note II, I'll maintain a list of things I spot misbehaves. This is only for you, dear fellow CM users', information. I'm a long time fan of CM and I bleed for having the latest stuff, and on top of that I like to tick tack every little setting I find. Still, these are just my observations and could very well be false information. More special features like NFC or Tethering might go untested.

Build 9th of December
  • Minor UI lag
  • Minor graphic glitches when scrolling
  • Bluetooth won't turn on, hence BT Tethering won't work
  • So far haven't caught other misbehavings

If you want to ask for a specific feature, I might be able to try. And of course a big hug to nebkat & the whole teamhacksung for taking care of us.

Anything about MHL!?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    - There are bugs and we know them all. Don't try to report bugs or complain about. We'll blacklist you.
    - No, we don't accept feature request. We've enough work to do with fixing bugs.
    - Don't ask for changelogs!
    - Never ask for new builds!
    - Use it or leave it!
    - Don't create a ROM based upon this! Creating a ROM on a buggy and unstable base is a stupid idea!
    - kkthxbye

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

CM10.1 unofficial builds:
    20121207: Direct download
    20121209: Direct download - Phone app derp fixed
    20121211: Direct download
    - GFX Improvements
    - STK Fixes
    - BT Improvements

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

1noTtl.png
    7orcIl.png

I05ZMl.jpg
    kFpQ5l.png

I know screenshots are from I9300, it is the same on N7100

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    INCALL BLUETOOTH AUDIO IS FIXED! :)

I just uploaded it for review.

YAY!
    Actually i add a script on /data/local/userinit.sh maybe there is a more clean solution... Do you thing i need to make a CWM package or this fix will be added to nightlies soon ?

Great idea its a fast solution and works! ;)

Should be added too this week i guess.

Now its ready the new build!

cm-10.1-20121217v2-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip
    It is not about drama its about cash :) I already paid a ticket twice for speaking via phone not using BT headset while driving a car...I drive a lot and speak a lot in the car so I't will cost me less to sell n7100 and buy lets say nexus ..or I wll give Note to my wife and flash ugly TW ..she doesn't care ;)

I'm also trying to port stock audio HAL to cm so that we could have everything working. This seems to be an easier solution than trying to fix Bluetooth from source...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium