Sprint Dialer Codes

Search This thread

chris0160

May 11, 2010
Inglewood
Yes I have noticed that as well, but OK I looked into settings.db and found something that may help us with LTE scanning I'll post the screens here and on s4gru

chris0160

May 11, 2010
Inglewood

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-24-14-40-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-24-14-40-13.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 1,365

adamjt

Jul 3, 2007
Looking at buying a phone from someone. All the counters are at 0 per the ##RTN# menu. But SIM is in it. Is there a way that the counters could have been reset? don't want some demo phone.

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I would like to find all dialer codes that work for the Sprint Version.

##RTN# - RTN Menu*
##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.
##DIAG# - Enables diag mode. this menu blocked by MSL. Simply enter your msl*
##DATA# - Advanced data menu. *
##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*
##CLEAR# - Reset network settings
##UPDATE# - Forces Activation
##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
##WLAN# - WLAN info*
##LOG# - syslog info*
##MRU# - MRU Clear
##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
##TEST - Data Test menu*
##YOUROWNMSLHERE# - Service Programming menu*

##4433386368# - Developer menu* - What is SKT Sprint?
##4437736368# - Producer menu*

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G, now ive tried many but I cant figure out how I can get into the Hidden Menu, nor can I get in testing.apk (phoneinfo). *= i have tried and have worked.

Can you add this to the dialer code list in the OP:
5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu

Try it out on your phone to confirm it on stock ROM and add it to OP. Thanks.

Credits go to @autoprime for discovering this.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris0160

RevolcFael4

Aug 1, 2012
Los Angles
Erm, I kinda messed around with the Sprint hidden menu, 5689#*980#. I broke knock-on.

I dont understand any of the things here, can anyone explain them? I dont know how to fix knock-on.

Last edited:

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Add 5689#*980# for the Hidden Menu. Thank puch0021

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Erm, I kinda messed around with the Sprint hidden menu, 5689#*980#. I broke knock-on.

I dont understand any of the things here, can anyone explain them? I dont know how to fix knock-on.

Btw, you do know that I posted this dialer code 5689#*980# hours before puch0021 did and I am sure he just looked at this thread and answered your question.

About your broken knock-on, what settings did you change? If you can't even remember that you shouldn't have accessed the menu in the first place.

Reactions: Dustynutz68

RevolcFael4

Aug 1, 2012
Los Angles
Btw, you do know that I posted this dialer code 5689#*980# hours before puch0021 did and I am sure he just looked at this thread and answered your question.

About your broken knock-on, what settings did you change? If you can't even remember that you shouldn't have accessed the menu in the first place.

I deleted that comment, I was oblivious of the fact that you already posted the same thing.

Honestly I clicked on multiple ones but only saw a response from a few.

1. "charging Mode On/Off." It flicks from on to off,b but I think it always does that.

2. "Device Test" opened something.

3. "Prx Drx On Off" > "LTE + WCDMA." It turned something red and I clicked on the remaining two items, which displayed some data. Im there now and everything is clear.

4."LGODL On/Off" showed me a star. I dont see it anymore. I think it was that menu item that displayed the star.

5. "ATS Start Property." I turned it on and off. Its currently off.

Can you explain the significance of: GSM SMS Test/ GCF Memory Full SMMA Test. image of saluting woman.

Thanks for your help! I watched this video
out of shame and feel just like that idiot :crying:

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I deleted that comment, I was oblivious of the fact that you already posted the same thing.

Honestly I clicked on multiple ones but only saw a response from a few.

1. "charging Mode On/Off." It flicks from on to off,b but I think it always does that.

2. "Device Test" opened something.

3. "Prx Drx On Off" > "LTE + WCDMA." It turned something red and I clicked on the remaining two items, which displayed some data. Im there now and everything is clear.

4."LGODL On/Off" showed me a star. I dont see it anymore. I think it was that menu item that displayed the star.

5. "ATS Start Property." I turned it on and off. Its currently off.

Can you explain the significance of: GSM SMS Test/ GCF Memory Full SMMA Test. image of saluting woman.

Thanks for your help! I watched this video
out of shame and feel just like that idiot :crying:

I don't know what all these properties do which is why I don't even touch them in the first place. I would tell you just to restore a nandroid backup and hopefully will fix the problem.

The only reason why I posted the dialer code was for that were curious about accessing the hidden menu to be able to turn off the thermal throttling for the GPU. Also someone else was able to find out a way to enable LTE only mode on the phone. Other than that, I wouldn't be touching any settings unless you know full well what you are doing.

RevolcFael4

Aug 1, 2012
Los Angles
I don't know what all these properties do which is why I don't even touch them in the first place. I would tell you just to restore a nandroid backup and hopefully will fix the problem.

The only reason why I posted the dialer code was for that were curious about accessing the hidden menu to be able to turn off the thermal throttling for the GPU. Also someone else was able to find out a way to enable LTE only mode on the phone. Other than that, I wouldn't be touching any settings unless you know full well what you are doing.

Yea, I understand. I'm just curious. The first thing I did with this phone is go into the settings. I love settings.

RevolcFael4

Aug 1, 2012
Los Angles
whats turning off the thermal throttling do?

Its supposed to speed up your phone and remove lag, but I think then your phone will heat faster, thus the name thermal throttling.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

The only reason why I posted the dialer code was for that:victory: were curious about accessing the hidden menu to be able to turn off the thermal throttling for the GPU. Also someone else was able to find out a way to enable LTE only mode on the phone. Other than that, I wouldn't be touching any settings unless you know full well what you are doing.

Notification light isn't working as well. I did some stupid ****.

Reactions: lowpro3210

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Its supposed to speed up your phone and remove lag, but I think then your phone will heat faster, thus the name thermal throttling.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Notification light isn't working as well. I did some stupid ****.

Just do a nandroid restore and it probably should fix your problem. If you didn't do a nandroid backup then shame on you. Last case resort is to flash back to stock.

RevolcFael4

Aug 1, 2012
Los Angles
Just do a nandroid restore and it probably should fix your problem. If you didn't do a nandroid backup then shame on you. Last case resort is to flash back to stock.

No I always have a backup.

I fixed it though, but the problem itself actually makes no sense. I messed with the secret menu and after a reboot knock-on and LED notification stopped working.

Skipping unnecessary information, I found out that those settings were turned off. I turned it back on and it worked. I didn't go into stock system settings for days, so how come these specific settings were changed?

david black

Sep 30, 2010
Indianapolis
plus.google.com
I called Sprint and asked for my MSL number and she gave it to me, no questions asked. Also you can just ask them for the instructions to program your phone, and the six digit dialer code they give you is your MSL.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Same here. She asked what it was for and I said development purposes - verified account info and she gave me the six digits. I'm quite pleased with Sprint's service recently.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles

5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to EricDabbs
##RTN# - RTN Menu*
##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.
##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*
##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
##WLAN# - WLAN info*
##LOG# - syslog info*
##MRU# - MRU Clear
##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
##TEST - Data Test menu*

##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen thanks mojo4321

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G
Thanks to all who helped

Got another dialer code for you that some people will really like.

##443336772# - Instantly get your 6 digit MSL code.

Credits go out to The_Chemist over at S4GRU.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to EricDabbs
    ##RTN# - RTN Menu*
    ##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*
    ##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
    ##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
    ##WLAN# - WLAN info*
    ##LOG# - syslog info*
    ##MRU# - MRU Clear
    ##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
    ##TEST - Data Test menu*

##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen thanks mojo4321

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G
    Thanks to all who helped
    This dialer code ##443336772# will flash a toast notification on the bottom of the screen with your SPC/MSL code. I found the dialer code in the Sprint Optimus G General XDA thread and I tried it on my Sprint LG G2. I had already chatted with Sprint and obtained my MSL so I can confirm it works with the Sprint LG G2. I do not know if it will work with any other phones. I tried it on my Sprint Motorola Admiral and it did nothing.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46006443&postcount=11
    I called Sprint and asked for my MSL number and she gave it to me, no questions asked. Also you can just ask them for the instructions to program your phone, and the six digit dialer code they give you is your MSL.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Ahhh gotcha. I have seen you before at S4GRU.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Is there any dialer code or menu option to view the current LTE frequency scan period? I wonder how often the phone checks for LTE connection.

I will try and check once I'm done with Carbon Rom which has WiFi tether working. Now that you mention it I did see some things that could have been it but it wasn't labeled how it usually is. I'll try and check it out tonight
    What are you setting the Priority at?

When I did my testing, I disabled B25 and only enabled B41 with a B41 Band Priority of 1. I would suggest only enabling B41 and disabling B25 especially if you are in a strong LTE area where there is a lot of B25 LTE. It doesn't really matter what Band Priority you have set for B25 and B26 since they are not enabled anyways. I have heard reports that even though you disable B25 on the phone, the phone/network will ignore it and still try to search for B25. Not sure what to believe but from my experience/observations, disabling B25 helped me get rid of that ping pong issue where B25 and B41 would alternate connecting to LTE.

Some observations when connecting to B41 LTE.
    1. You will observe a lot of LTE connects and disconnects. It seems like Sprint doesn't really want you to connect to B41 LTE at this time and it can be frustrating but be patient and you will reap the rewards.

2. Best way to do a speedtest with B41 LTE is to first open up the Speedtest app and have the screen ready where it says "Begin Test". When the phone disconnects, wait for it to reconnect and as soon as it reconnects, hit the "Begin Test" button on Speedtest app and when data traffic is flowing through that LTE band you won't lose connection assuming you are standing near the tower.

3. The B41 LTE connection is very finicky in that if it doesn't detect any data traffic (browsing web, youtube, etc) after 5-10 seconds, it will disconnect and reconnect. I think this is the reason why we need to wait for the OTA update from Sprint to enable B26 and B41 permanently since I am sure some part of the firmware code in that OTA update makes it stable.

4. If you have B41 and B25 both enabled, the phone still prefers to connect on B25 over B41 despite what priority you set even if B41 is set to 1 and B25 is set to 2. This is why you should try to disable B25 if possible.

If you have any other questions, let me know.