[Q] Android Twitter notifications still don't work.

Search This thread

Abdelati786

May 29, 2011
Ever since I switched back to my Android phone, Push notifications for mentions never worked on my account anymore. Every time I go to enable it and push back, then go back to see if its still enabled, it automatically disables itself. Now I thought to my self that the app could be just broken, but I have 2 Twitter accounts, and my secondary account I use gets notifications just fine, buy my main one doesn't want to keep them enabled. So I thought it was my phone so I tried logging in on another Android device I have, same problem. Now with the new update that they released today, me thinking it would fix the problem, I go to turn on notifications, then I get "Updating Notification Settings" ......... "There was a problem updating notification setting". I have tried Googling this but can't find a fix anywhere. Any ideas?

Reactions: tabormeister

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
thank you. I hadnt received any notifications in a long time. I went to the full desktop site on my tablet and invoked access. Deleted and reinstalled app and I no longer have issues and all of my notifications are coming through!

TehGoAT

Oct 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
For anybody having this issue now (2015), I was having the problem where it said "There was a problem changing notification settings" every time I tried to set up notifications for Tweets from certain people.

What I did to fix this was, went to my Twitter on a web browser on a PC, then settings, on the left side towards the bottom click "apps", then revoke access for Twitter for Android. This will log you out of the app, so go back to your phone, and login again on the phone, and turn on the notifications you want, and it should be fine. It worked for me anyway!

Isak-A

Jul 31, 2015
When I open the Twitter app, I get notifs. "INSIDE" the app.
But I never get a notif. in the homescreen.
However, I've no problem getting homescreen notifs. on one of my phones.

I have 2 phones and a tablet.
No notifs for one phone and the tablet. while no trouble getting homescreen notifs. on the other phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trying to revoke all apps on twitter web on pc. Setting > Apps > Revoke all apps.

Work for me :)

Sorry for my bad english
    Ever since I switched back to my Android phone, Push notifications for mentions never worked on my account anymore. Every time I go to enable it and push back, then go back to see if its still enabled, it automatically disables itself. Now I thought to my self that the app could be just broken, but I have 2 Twitter accounts, and my secondary account I use gets notifications just fine, buy my main one doesn't want to keep them enabled. So I thought it was my phone so I tried logging in on another Android device I have, same problem. Now with the new update that they released today, me thinking it would fix the problem, I go to turn on notifications, then I get "Updating Notification Settings" ......... "There was a problem updating notification setting". I have tried Googling this but can't find a fix anywhere. Any ideas?
    Yeah i guess its not just me, but im wondering why it does that for specific accounts? Like my second Twitter account works fine. I downloaded the Twitter 3.0 apk from 4shared, and that worked fine. I guess They keep breaking their own app.
    Trying to revoke all apps on twitter web on pc. Setting > Apps > Revoke all apps.

Sorry for my bad english

Thank you very much! This actually worked
    Thanks this worked for me

:good:

Sorry for my bad english