Batteryguru by qualcomm

Search This thread

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Found this new battery saver app specifically for ur snapdragon. It's in beta version in the play store.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

jiexi

May 1, 2012
Found this new battery saver app specifically for ur snapdragon. It's in beta version in the play store.

Currently in training mode, but kind of doubtful of it's usefulness.

I feel like the cost of keeping google location on will offset the savings if not surpass it.

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Currently in training mode, but kind of doubtful of it's usefulness.

I feel like the cost of keeping google location on will offset the savings if not surpass it.

I never have Google location turned on so we will see....... Just the fact that there is a training mode give me some hope plus the app being specifically for snapdragon there may be some code in the app other general battery apps lack.

Last edited:

jiexi

May 1, 2012
I never have Google location turned on so we will see....... Just the fact that there is a training mode give me some hope plus the app being specifically for snapdragon there may be some code in the app other general battery apps lack.

You need location access enabled for the app to function. I don't know why... Normally I leave it off as well.

EDIT: Also do you freeze apps? I'm trying to figure out which ones are safe to get rid of.

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
You need location access enabled for the app to function. I don't know why... Normally I leave it off as well.

EDIT: Also do you freeze apps? I'm trying to figure out which ones are safe to get rid of.

Yes this is true but I have it set for WiFi only.

jiexi

May 1, 2012
thanks for that bit of info, haha let me know if it updates again please :)

I am also on houston's JB build. It hasn't caused considerable battery life loss, but under BBS, it says that

ConsiaBattery (Battery Guru) has caused partial wakelocks a total of 6062 times for 1 hour and 42 minutes.

My phone has been unplugged for 14 hours 43 minutes. That's quite a bit of wakelock if you ask me

ivanxov3rx

Jul 13, 2010
Santa Clarita
I'm getting better battery life, although I do see it using a bit up itself, it does pay for itself, so-to-speak

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

bon_joey

Dec 29, 2007
After batteryguru learned my phone, im down to 4%/hr from 12%, i will try it for few more days.

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
have been using this app for about a week now but see no significant increase in battery life. :(

Can't see why but I wonder if my phone being rooted makes a difference. ....

Last edited:

breakone9

Feb 16, 2013
Meh. Play store says my device is not compatible...

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Blue_Shine

Dec 12, 2009
I could not see any significant effect... but will try little bit more..

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

scoobydooby

Apr 8, 2011
Vancouver
I only set it to learn yesterday and havent seen any change yet but am intrigued as to whether or not it will change over time..