[Q] [!] High RAM usage on stock rom XT1033

Search This thread

jared.leto

Mar 9, 2013
Hello,
I got my MOTO G a few days back and the thing that irritates me the most is the high RAM usage (just a mere 330 MB left) when I switch it on.
I was wondering if anyone of you have experienced the same on the stock ROM (KitKat)?
If yes, then what did you do to have greater amount of RAM resources at your disposal? (Except flashing a new ROM or rooting the device, not so much into android modding)

Also, which apps would be safe to disable? Please share your views and solutions to this problem.

Regards.

Last edited:

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Also, which apps would be safe to disable? Please share your views and solutions to this problem.
Regards.

That it's not a problem - a lot of that usage will be cached processes which Android can chuck out of memory as soon as it's needed for something else. And being cached in the background means those apps will be ever so slightly more responsive when they are launched

List of stuff you can disable?

Anything Google/Motorola which is user facing that you don't use ( I've got Google+, Hangouts, Chrome, Calculator, Play Books, Play Games, Play Movies and TV, Play Music, Email, Migrate, Assist and Help disabled on mine).

Reactions: jared.leto

Mickeyvdb

Feb 21, 2014
That it's not a problem - a lot of that usage will be cached processes which Android can chuck out of memory as soon as it's needed for something else. And being cached in the background means those apps will be ever so slightly more responsive when they are launched

Anything Google/Motorola which is user facing that you don't use ( I've got Google+, Hangouts, Chrome, Calculator, Play Books, Play Games, Play Movies and TV, Play Music, Email, Migrate, Assist and Help disabled on mine).

To my knowledge, Android is indeed taking good care of its memory. Trying to keep the memory as full as possible. This is an other approach than Windows does.

Btw, apps that I disabled so far: CQATest, Google+, Help, Galery, Drive, Cloudprinter, Motorola assist, Google Play Books, Google Play Music, Motorola DriveActivator, Gmail, Motorola Migrate, Chrome, Google Text to Speech, Motorola Checkin, Translate, Google Play Games, Market feedback agent, Picasa uploader, Streetview, Audio effects, Spooler, Face unlock, HTML viewer, HP Printer Service-plugin and all the live wallpapers.

Reactions: JJmattos1

harishke

Aug 4, 2012
new delhi
use titanium backup and remove all gapps and motoapps,use cache cleaner you should have enough ram.I removed and having 550-600 free ram
2lsaefm.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regards.

To my knowledge, Android is indeed taking good care of its memory. Trying to keep the memory as full as possible. This is an other approach than Windows does.

Btw, apps that I disabled so far: CQATest, Google+, Help, Galery, Drive, Cloudprinter, Motorola assist, Google Play Books, Google Play Music, Motorola DriveActivator, Gmail, Motorola Migrate, Chrome, Google Text to Speech, Motorola Checkin, Translate, Google Play Games, Market feedback agent, Picasa uploader, Streetview, Audio effects, Spooler, Face unlock, HTML viewer, HP Printer Service-plugin and all the live wallpapers.