[Q] Backup data before Tizen update using Kies

Search This thread

bomavim

Jun 1, 2014
Some websites mention that I can backup my gear data before updating it to Tizen. Do you know what kind of data can be backed up (photos, videos, voice, settings, apps etc.)?

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
Some websites mention that I can backup my gear data before updating it to Tizen. Do you know what kind of data can be backed up (photos, videos, voice, settings, apps etc.)?

Like I said in response to your post in the other thread, there is no need to backup using kies. All photos you have taken on the gear is automatically backed up to your phone. And everything else that was on the android gear is controlled by gear manager on your phone, including all settings and apps etc. If you still worry about your data being lost, just update your gear manager on top of the old gear manager, and your gear settings will still be there on the phone. Then you can update to Tizen on your gear, but I am not sure whether the new gear manager will recognize your old android backup and allow it to be restored to the new TIzen system. You are welcome to try and report back. :)

bomavim

Jun 1, 2014
Like I said in response to your post in the other thread, there is no need to backup using kies. All photos you have taken on the gear is automatically backed up to your phone. And everything else that was on the android gear is controlled by gear manager on your phone, including all settings and apps etc. If you still worry about your data being lost, just update your gear manager on top of the old gear manager, and your gear settings will still be there on the phone. Then you can update to Tizen on your gear, but I am not sure whether the new gear manager will recognize your old android backup and allow it to be restored to the new TIzen system. You are welcome to try and report back. :)

My question is to people who specifically updated using Kies. I really want to know what data Kies backups for Gear