Windows Phone 8.1 SDK and Documentation leak

Search This thread

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phon...ails-about-one-windows-vision-emerges-online/

Finally, after many screenshots and information, the ISO and documentation appears online :D

I get this error
vserror.jpg

I have VS 2012 Ultimate Update 3 and VS 2013 professional English Version .
what I have to do ?

Reactions: Omniaw99

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Windows 8.1
I extract the Emulation VHD and install on VMWare. :D

• To use Windows Phone (code-named “Blue”) SDK, you must install the RTM build of Visual Studio 2013 (build 21005.01) and the provided Visual Studio update. This update includes Update 1 for Visual Studio and additional updates. You must also use the released version of the Windows 8.1 operating system (available as a subscriber download on MSDN) and apply the KB2883200 update.
  • We’re including a prerelease version of the Visual Studio update so you can evaluate it and give us feedback on the toolset for Windows Phone app development. You should not install publicly available pre-release versions of Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 on a computer installed with the provided Visual Studio update. You should not use this installation of Visual Studio in a live development environment.

Reactions: ngame

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
I was accepted into the DevPreview and I strongly recommend that you DO NOT install this.

You could get yourself into trouble.

sorry but , you really think they will sue you for this, then they Need to sue a lotttttt of poeple :D
did we sign a NDA ?
all iso's has the same md5

MS good luck with that :D

Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
@nGage you need to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 to resolve errors.

No didn't work .
guys who can deploy appx file on Win 8 directly?
in wp 8.1 sdk you can find a file manager and several appx files :
MainOS\Programs\Common Files\Xaps
first file is a file manager appx file with this capabilities :
<SoftwareCapabilities>
<SoftwareCapability Id="ID_CAP_PM_1ST_PARTY" />
<SoftwareCapability Id="ID_CAP_PUBLIC_FOLDER_FULL" />
</SoftwareCapabilities>

<Capabilities>
<Capability Name="removableStorage" />
<Capability Name="videosLibrary" />
<Capability Name="picturesLibrary" />
<Capability Name="musicLibrary" />
</Capabilities>

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

The proposed solution doesn't work for me. Still have the same problem like ngame. Any other suggestions ?

for me too .
run vhd on Hyper-v
but surely it's not a full sdk

AnT0

Jun 2, 2007
Sofia
No didn't work .
<SoftwareCapabilities>
</SoftwareCapabilities>

<Capabilities>
</Capabilities>

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

for me too .
run vhd on Hyper-v

I'm developer and I'm interested in API changes, not only the emulator :)

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No didn't work .
<SoftwareCapabilities>
</SoftwareCapabilities>

<Capabilities>
</Capabilities>

for me too .
run vhd on Hyper-v

You need to be on VS 2013 RTM preiinstalled and then run the KB+.exe for update. Remove any other versions of VS from the system before running the installer.

AnT0

Jun 2, 2007
Sofia
You need to be on VS 2013 RTM preiinstalled and then run the KB+.exe for update. Remove any other versions of VS from the system before running the installer.

I have installed Visual Studio 2013 RTM + Update 1 + all the updates. I don't believe that the problem is caused by other installed visual studios on my system. I think that they are giving some certificate to the developers too, that we don't have. Because in the log file the exact error is:
[2278:25B0][2014-02-14T16:14:11]e000: Error 0x800b0003: Failed authenticode verification of payload: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\.unverified\tfs_objectmodelcore_x64

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

OK ... here's what I found:

winphoneviet.WPSDK8.1DevPreview.iso\packages\TFSObjectModel\x64\enu\TFSObjectModelLP-x64_enu.msi is not signed, but
VisualStudio2013RTM.iso\packages\TFSObjectModelLP\x64\TFSObjectModelLP-x64_enu.msi is signed. I think this causes the problem - the setup can't verify the signature. But why this file isn't signed in the leaked WP 8.1 SDK Dev Preview? May be the iso is edited ?!

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
I have installed Visual Studio 2013 RTM + Update 1 + all the updates. I don't believe that the problem is caused by other installed visual studios on my system. I think that they are giving some certificate to the developers too, that we don't have. Because in the log file the exact error is:
[2278:25B0][2014-02-14T16:14:11]e000: Error 0x800b0003: Failed authenticode verification of payload: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\.unverified\tfs_objectmodelcore_x64

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

OK ... here's what I found:

winphoneviet.WPSDK8.1DevPreview.iso\packages\TFSObjectModel\x64\enu\TFSObjectModelLP-x64_enu.msi is not signed, but
VisualStudio2013RTM.iso\packages\TFSObjectModelLP\x64\TFSObjectModelLP-x64_enu.msi is signed. I think this causes the problem - the setup can't verify the signature. But why this file isn't signed in the leaked WP 8.1 SDK Dev Preview? May be the iso is edited ?!
Here's the MD5 of original ISO: c92656f976d98bbf5f66a5448f8c1974
If it does not match to the leaked ISO, then I would not use it :)

Top Liked Posts