**Root Achieved!! Bootloader Bypass + Recovery Achieved!** 11/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
I'm not sure. On my Galaxy S3, I was definitely able to Root and then install TWRP before the bootloader was cracked. On newer devices, that might not be the case anymore since they have been tightening things down.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I agree. Root will probably be achieved relatively quickly once the phone actually gets into developer hands. What WILL be tricky though (if it's even possible at all) will be achieving Root without voiding the Knox warranty. I think Root, Bootloader, and Recovery bounties should be kept separate. It might also be a good idea to wait until we actually get our hands on the device so we know for sure what we are up against and where resources will be needed most.

I'm pretty sure that there is no way around tripping the knox counter to 0x1. As soon as you root this should trip.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

blap017

Jul 23, 2010
No your right but root is easily achived compared to bootloader its a lot less of a battle imo

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Put me down for 250 for a full unlock cuz I know it'll never happen. Everyone should sell their device and get Dev edition when it comes out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I was gonna say 1k but I can't do that lol. Honestly I'm not even buying devices anymore unless I know there will be a work around.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

in all reality i will throw 20 on root and 40 on workaround for recovery

js0uth

Nov 20, 2009
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Put me down for 250 for a full unlock cuz I know it'll never happen. Everyone should sell their device and get Dev edition when it comes out

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I was gonna say 1k but I can't do that lol. Honestly I'm not even buying devices anymore unless I know there will be a work around.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

damn if beans is doubting it.... this really sucks.... :( because i love custom roms... especially beans... :good:

like this really sucks.... i bought a s4 ended up selling it because there was no workaround for it for whichever firmware it was... damn i quite bummed...

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente

Thanks boss, hope to see KitKatBeans (did you decide on a name yet?) on this beast down the road! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

suzook

Jan 25, 2010

No Dev edition has been announced.

bgs_piece

Aug 15, 2010
I'll pledge:

$15 for root
$30 for bootloader bypass.

PM me when it's done and the money shall be sent!

keymaster911

Dec 14, 2011
Binghamton NY
Once the bootloader is unlocked. On ur boot screen. It will say.. Custom. Before starting the boot screen... I will have that posted this weekend for you. .

Android is just the beginning.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Once the bootloader is unlocked. On ur boot screen. It will say.. Custom. Before starting the boot screen... I will have that posted this weekend for you. .

CUSTOM.. means bootloader is unlocked.

Reactions: bajasur

FruitBowlMafia

Aug 26, 2011
Thank you!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

I'd love for the bootloader to be unlocked as well, it will be sad without Beanz ROM's to run on the GN3. However, I'll settle for root, truly just need to be able to freeze/uninstall applications and get my PS3 controller working with SIxAxis.

Picking up the phone in the morning, the GN2 was a great device!

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente
Op updated

*DONATOR LIST UPDATED*

Root: $410

Bootloader Bypass Custom Recovery: $735

Cheers.

Last edited:

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
I can and will gladly change the first bounty to just be for root if people would like that..

However my intentions were this ( as with the Verizon Galaxy S4 bounty).

1. Root will most likely be achieved very easily in the coming weeks.

2. If that is true, then the money MAY be better spent on root+bootlooader bypass (ie Loki or Safe Strap etc).

3. I think if someone achieves root... They could work something out with whoever gets the boot loader bypass or full unlock.
@beanstown106 @open1your1eyes0 @sbreen94 @Dubbsy can you guys shed light on what you think is appropriate?

Let me know what the rest of you guys think. :thumbup:

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

Sorry for being late, been busy. Basically, without a custom recovery(with the ability to change kernels) my project can't be carried over and therefore I won't buy the device. If it gets a full recovery, I plan to buy it.

Value wise a full bootloader unlock would be ideal. Then an exploit to side step the verification process.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Seems root should be achieved sooner than later, but probably same condition though as S4 for the other stuff. If the company corporate rep is correct, the N3 is targeted just like the S4 for enterprise account sales efforts. At least the S4 has Safetstrap for the modfans to get some benefit at least. Not long to find out if it really is locked down like the S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you pledged for root bypass please send your donations to designgears.

Doesn't matter that he's moved on from the device.

And while I greatly appreciate the donations (and I know several of you donated), it doesn't hurt my feelings if you wait for a full functioning Safestrap (able to flash ROMs to rom slots).

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    Hi Guys,

At this time, I am VERY reluctant to take a donated device, due to the amount of unknowns that are still in play with the hijack process on the Note 3. It is literally one of the first production devices running Android 4.3 and SELinux: Enforcing.

Over the last few days, I've been examining what's needed to get Safestrap up to par for a device like this, and I was able to fix-up the 2nd-init hijack to work with Android 4.3's new libc (bionic) changes.

But, that change doesn't solve the potential SELinux issues. Over the next week or so, I will be sending out experimental Safestrap builds to a few testers (who have made it perfectly clear a brick doesn't bother them) for the express purpose of seeing how much play we have in the current SElinux policies.

So for now, while I am pleasantly surprised at the gesture, let's hold off on a device donation.

Thanks!
    SM-N900V Odin files obtained... root is coming :)
    Bounty Details VZW Build MI9

*UPDATED 10/21/2013*

First and foremost, all credit for this bounty template goes to @open1your1eyes0, with his permission.
    Thank you very much

Since this is xda, and a vast percentage of us here desperately need root for many of our apps and mods that we use on a daily basis (including myself), not to mention custom recoveries so we could flash custom roms and such. It is now very critical that we (at the minimum) get root access on the verizon galaxy note 3 as soon as possible. As a result of this necessity, i would like to personally offer a $25 bounty to the first person able to find or create a method that allows us to fully root and provide the necessary steps for rooting the verizon galaxy note 3 here on xda.

Furthermore, I would like to personally offer a $50 bounty to the first person able to find or create a method that allows us to bypass the bootloader checks and boot into a custom recovery and provide the necessary steps here on xda.

Whoever you are, you will be doing us and many other upcoming owners of this device a great justice, and for that consider this as a token of my appreciation. I also greatly encourage and welcome anyone else willing to chip in to this bounty to post here and i will have the op updated of all users' donations to this request.

Greatly looking forward to anyone interested in becoming a candidate.

Root Bounty​

REQUIREMENTS

1. Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
    • exploiting a fully stock verizon note 3 MI9 build to gain root access

2. Make a post in this thread with the following:
    • proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3. Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with stock firmware build

4. Claim your bounty via pm from donator(s)

payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via pm on an individual basis​

LIST OF DONATORS
    • [mention]Bajasur $25 PAID
    • [mention]njfoses $25 PAID
    • Js0uth $20
    • 92slammer $20 PAID
    • gramsey911 $20 PAID
    • slow88Ix $10
    • BossJ $25 PAID
    • derrtydee $25 PAID
    • dohturdima $10 PAID
    • chhaggerty $10 PAID
    • BotsOne $10 PAID
    • Sublimaze $25 PAID
    • Antivanity $10
    • fletch33 $25 PAID
    • beanstown106 $20 PAID
    • 2swizzle $20 PAID
    • bgs_piece $15
    • FruitBowlMafia $100:good:
    • clockworkstop $10
    • jfrancis999 $50 PAID
    • usacarry $25 PAID
    • vampire5003 $10
    • boynamedstacy $20 PAID
    • dk0r $25
    • inseek $25 PAID
    • mynameismolotov $10 PAID
    • davorado $25 PAID
    • cjcarter1254 $25 PAID
    • t436h05t $25 PAID
    • GirlLuvsDroid $25 PAID
    • keymaster911 $50
    • Exodus885 $35
    • JKforUA $25 PAID
    • illstaygold13 $100:good:
    • bigillz $25 PAID
    • thecolorsduke $25 PAID
    • higgs.boson $10 PAID
    • BigTomZ $50 PAID
    • xBryan $10 PAID
    • GrainOsand $25 PAID
    • NWNJ $5 PAID
    • donaldkbart $25
    • flascrnwrtr $20 PAID
    • nutpn $20 PAID
    • jmboulware $25
    • droidstyle $20 PAID
    • FrostyOrDie $10 PAID
    • BIGSIKE3 $20 PAID

TOTAL: $1155

Bootloader Bypass or Full Unlock + Recovery Bounty

REQUIREMENTS​

1.Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
    • Unlocking, exploiting, or bypassing the bootloader on stock Verizon Note 3 MI9 build, to get custom recovery as well

2.Make a post in this thread with the following:
    • Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3.Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with stock firmware.
    Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

4.Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

LIST OF DONATORS
    • [mention]Bajasur $50 PAID
    • [mention]njfoses $100:good: PAID:good:
    • js0uth $20
    • 92slammer $10
    • gramsey911 $20
    • slow88Ix $10
    • blap017 $30 Add On $100for Full BL Unlock By End of November PAID
    • BossJ $50
    • derrtydee $25 Add On $25 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • sshafranko $25
    • dohturdima $15 Add On $25 for Full BL Unlock PAID SS
    • FrostyOrDie $10 Add On $10 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • chhaggerty $20 PAID
    • BotsOne $20
    • Sublimaze $50 Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • Antivanity $100:good:
    • fletch33 $50
    • beanstown106 $40
    • 2swizzle $20 PAID
    • bgs_piece $30
    • clockworkstop $10
    • Han Solo 1 $25
    • usacarry $50
    • vampire5003 $10
    • boynamedstacy $50 PAID
    • dk0r $50
    • billymaloney3 $30 PAID
    • mynameismolotov $50
    • jgrimberg1979 $10 for SS, Add On $25 for Loki, Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock
    • GirlLuvsDroid $50 PAID
    • keymaster911 $50
    • Exodus885 $125:good:
    • illstaygold13 $50
    • thecolorsduke $50
    • higgs.boson $25 PAID
    • xBryan $10
    • GrainOsand $50
    • donaldkbart $50
    • flascrnwrtr $20 PAID
    • jmboulware $50
    • davorado $50 PAID
    • erispimp $15 PAID
    • samg77 $100:good:
    • CG256 $25 for Full BL Unlock
    • tw1n5nak35 $100:good: PAID
    • moemoney12 $10 Add On $15 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • jdec539 $20 Add On $20 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • siggmund $75 for Full BL Unlock
    • HarleyDroid PAID $10 Add On $20 for Loki
    • Imike6453 $40 PAID
    • leojsayta $30 for full unlock
    • xXJay_RXx $25 Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • TJF2012 $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • mgr15a@yahoo.com $20 for Full BL Unlock
    • LillieBennet $25 PAID
    • fishflies $50 PAID

TOTAL: $2610:good::good::good:

Note: This amount reflects the total amount donated at the time of the latest update for ALL donations. Depending on what type of Unlock/Bypass is achieved, price may vary

DISCLAIMER

• Please note before making a post in the thread please refer to this post to see if your post will be acceptable. If it is not part of this list, your post will be reported and you may risk getting an infraction as per forum moderators.
    • Please note if you do not explicitly state separate prices for root or bootloader bypass/recovery bounties, your contribution of the same price will be add to both lists.
    • Please note you may not submit a contribution for only ONE bounty. If you post a contribution, one price will be applied to both bounties unless separate prices are explicitly stated.
    • Please note you do not have to pay for both bounties separately. Whichever bounty gets fulfilled first is the one that you pay for upon collection. This is why your contribution is added to both lists automatically.
    • Please note you may not make any specific restrictions or requirements that aren't listed in the OP. By making a post with your contribution price you are agreeing to paying out based on all terms listed in OP only and nowhere else.
    • Please note once you make a post with your contribution you may not withdraw it at any time and are responsible for paying out once the bounty is claimed. The only changes that can be made are another post raising the prices if you choose so. Please make sure you read everything carefully. No exceptions!
    • Please be advised that if Verizon or Samsung is to release an official method of unlocking the bootloader (extremely unlikely but must be accounted for) prior to any member of XDA's submission, this bounty automatically becomes invalidated.
    I have a new bugfix version im working on. The charger bug is fixed and a few dev related changes.

Trying to trace down 1-2 more bugs and then I'll put it out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk