Successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Tab Pro 12.2SM-T900

Search This thread

Burley1

All,

I wanted to share with everyone that the TWRP recovery that was made for the wifi note pro SM-P900 "Exynos only" works on the Tab Pro 12.2.

Original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706982

I downloaded the tar file and flashed with Odin 3.07

Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 20140614_171043.jpg
    20140614_171043.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 2,315
Last edited:

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Google Pixel 7
Very nice! So it works just fine? It makes sense just cause its the same everything inside. Did you use cf auto root to root? I'm going to be getting my 12.2 in about a week!

maximus96

May 9, 2013
worked for me using cf auto root and twrp for note pro.

the problem is not much custom roms to pick from for the 12.2

scottricketts

May 21, 2010

Burley1

This is my first go around with a Samsung tablet, does Odin take care of unlocking the bootloader as well? Or can I just use Towelroot to root and then run the unlock commands and flash this via adb?

These don't have locked bootloader's like HTC products. Just do the autoroot and your pretty much done. Just update super su and flash away

midster1

Jan 28, 2014
It worked

All,

I wanted to share with everyone that the TWRP recovery that was made for the wifi note pro SM-P900 "Exynos only" works on the Tab Pro 12.2.

Here is a picture.

I flashed twrp 2.7.1.0 using ODIN to my SM-T900. I am making my first backup as I speak(write).
Many thanks

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

:)
All,

Here is a picture.

I flashed tarp 2.7.1.0 tar using ODIN. It worked perfectly.
Many thanks.

k1ng617

Aug 22, 2010
knox?

These don't have locked bootloader's like HTC products. Just do the autoroot and your pretty much done. Just update super su and flash away

My pro should arrive in the mail tomorrow. So forgive me if this has been asked, but I thought these tabs were locked down by knox? Can knox coexist with root and custom boot?

Burley1

My pro should arrive in the mail tomorrow. So forgive me if this has been asked, but I thought these tabs were locked down by knox? Can knox coexist with root and custom boot?

Knox and root can coexist but the super su will and you if you would like it disabled, click yes and your done.

Its just a locked down program/area within the software.

Reactions: k1ng617

sourbear

Jul 24, 2008
All,

Here is a picture.

It may install but is it actually working correctly? In that original thread, they are having many issues with TWRP and cache mounting and partitions. I don't want to do this on my Tab Pro 12.2 and be stuck in boot loops and having to find and reflash this, that and the other.

bjc112

Nov 19, 2012
Well? Anyone?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

I had some Problems when attempting to wipe data within twrp. had a bunch of cache errors and couldn't get it to boot. Had to release p900 and wipe data in Stock recovery. Didn't go back for 2nds after that

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Burley1

I had some Problems when attempting to wipe data within twrp. had a bunch of cache errors and couldn't get it to boot. Had to release p900 and wipe data in Stock recovery. Didn't go back for 2nds after that

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Always worked fine for me. Only thing I noticed was it took a long time. the other thing. Don't do the advanced wipe, it's not needed.

Top Liked Posts