[Q] Random Bitmap display In Widget

Search This thread

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
I have a widget with a few items in it. 1 is a bitmap.

What I would like to do is know if I can randomly show a different one, based on a set timeframe (or even time of day)

I have see the following in advanced parameters, however, it does not seem to change the bitmap... so I'm not sure what to do...

Maybe if you can explain some of the params in it, it would help:

Code:
[ b ]/sdcard/walls/$#Dm#>0?(int((random())*10))$.jpg[ /b ]

I get the math part of it... but I guess what I'm wondering is, what is #Dm#, and what is ? mean...

Does it mean, that every 1 minute, the next random .jpg in the series will show?

Last edited:

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
I have a widget with a few items in it. 1 is a bitmap.

What I would like to do is know if I can randomly show a different one, based on a set timeframe (or even time of day)

I have see the following in advanced parameters, however, it does not seem to change the bitmap... so I'm not sure what to do...

Maybe if you can explain some of the params in it, it would help:

Code:
[ b ]/sdcard/walls/$#Dm#>0?(int((random())*10))$.jpg[ /b ]

I get the math part of it... but I guess what I'm wondering is, what is #Dm#, and what is ? mean...

Does it mean, that every 1 minute, the next random .jpg in the series will show?

I have changed the code to be:
Code:
[ b ]/sdcard/walls/$#Dm#%30>0?(int((random())*10))$.jpg[ /b ]

and have verified that there are 1 - 10.jpg's in the location specified, but everytime I unlock the screen the image changes... and a popup happens... stating "No wallpapers added"

I think I can figure out the "No wallpapers" part, but why does the image change on every unlock? I can't sit and watch my screen for an hour to verify that they change every 30 minutes... but I assume that they would...