[APP] Straits Times Mobile (Singapore Broadsheet) 02-06-2010 V0.694

Search This thread

shank1986

Jul 1, 2008
Singapore
www.shank86.com
Hi to All and specifically to Singaporeans,

Do you live in Singapore and are quite peeved that you cant read straits times in your Windows Mobile handset?

Well this is the app for you. With UI similar to metro, it allows you to read full articles without the need to visit Straits Times' website on your phone.

Now with offline reading capabilities for your transit needs!

The app needs CF3.5 and is created with the help of the excellent sliderlist by Obelix_A

Current Features
- read full articles available from StraitsTimes.com Free
- view pictures and captions related to the articles
- change font size for articles
- offline syncing
- low-bandwidth mode (by displaying images only when articles are read)
- auto updater

Planned Features
- reading of articles from a specific date
- bookmarking articles

Known Bugs/Issues
- application is known to crash for Omnia2 and OmniaPro devices, upon a selection of a section
1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

7.png
8.png
9.png

download fromhttp://appslah.com/stmobile.cab Version 0.694

i would appreciate feedback and feature-requests.

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Your last picture posted here has a grammatical error - 'has been', not 'has be'.

Tried this app. Very smooth.. in fact, a bit too sensitive.. When i scrolled, I keep opened links accidentally.

A ligther background or something more 'relax' would be nice I think. This is a bit too 'dark' to my liking.

shank1986

Jul 1, 2008
Singapore
www.shank86.com
hey bro, i tried looking hard, couldnt find the gramatical error.... i might be going blind :D

as for the over sensitivity, rest assured i would be passing the feedback to obelix, the creator of the slider control; which is used in this app. I have to give him credit for making this awesome control that cuts the development by almost half when designing the UI portion

Would take that as a feature request and put it into my tast list for the next few releases

once again thanks for not only using the app, but providing feedback for it too. There is no point in people just using app without telling us, the developers, what they really want to see. Its after all you the users who end up using it on a daily basis. So thank you! :D

on a side note, got a nice email from microsoft this morning
certchg.jpg

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Hi

Just wonder - would you consider making this reads the other Singapore e-news intead of just ST? While it's nice to have one app for one news site, I really don't like the idea of filling my screen with few icons for different newspaper.

Just a thought. Of cos', it would have to be a different names then. Ha..

But this programme so far running very smoothly and scrolling is good too. Well done!

sw33t

This is great, though wishing there are others like CNA or Newpaper :D

Also I'm getting this error on my HD2 once in a while after I quit or while using the app (can't take a screenshot for some odd reason)...but other than that, it's working fine. And I notice a 2 second lag when I scroll it way way up or down (till the icons are gone) before they appear again but meh, I could still live with it :cool:

Code:
STmobile.exe
ObjectDisposedException

at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeHelper(Delegate method, Boolean fSynchronous, Object[] rgobjArgs)
   at
STmobile.settingsFile.updateSyncState()

shank1986

Jul 1, 2008
Singapore
www.shank86.com
This is great, though wishing there are others like CNA or Newpaper :D

Also I'm getting this error on my HD2 once in a while after I quit or while using the app (can't take a screenshot for some odd reason)...but other than that, it's working fine. And I notice a 2 second lag when I scroll it way way up or down (till the icons are gone) before they appear again but meh, I could still live with it :cool:

Code:
STmobile.exe
ObjectDisposedException

at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeHelper(Delegate method, Boolean fSynchronous, Object[] rgobjArgs)
   at
STmobile.settingsFile.updateSyncState()
thanks for the bug report. i will fix this before the next release.

as for the CNA app, already done it. a few selected users are now testing it... would be available soon: http://www.mobinauts.com/topic/110817-local-app-channel-news-asia

here is another app i did initially: 4D and Toto http://spoolsmobile.appslah.com/

initally planned to do TNP as well, but i soon found out that TNP is slightly harder and they lack online content.

tzuyang

Jul 1, 2007
are there any alternatives for things like Australian or UK news? it looks amazing!