[TOOL] - Galaxy S Plus Configurator RC1 - (coding frozen atm)

Search This thread

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
i don't see any mouse over hints :confused:
hold your mouse on the text, in this screenshot i point my mouse at "Choose your preferred Kernel and CPU Frequency:"

mouseoverhunt.png

dr.wtf

Dec 25, 2011
yeah i know what a mouse over is... is it possible that it doesn't work with /nocheck?

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
yeah i know what a mouse over is... is it possible that it doesn't work with /nocheck?
Also working with /nocheck, I think it's because the tooltip requires internet explorer 5+, you uninstalled it?

btw found a bug when using the setup to install it, the installer didn't include the empty folders:

cpu
dns
gps
io

Last edited:

dr.wtf

Dec 25, 2011
nope explorer is installed

edit: but i disabled the tooltips in windows because they were driving me nuts. could be the problem...

Last edited:

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Here is a preview of beta 4 ;)

Added menu, this includes: (File > Exit), (Options > Preferences), (Help > Credits) & (Help > About)

Options in preferences GUI: Enable/Disable authentication, Enable/Disable auto check for updates, Enable/Disable safe mode, Enable/Disable pause command after processing a batch (I think people will especially like the fact that skipping the authentication with a parameter isn't needed anymore. Also safe mode is recommended :))

For CPU and I/O I added set now buttons, (changed install to set on boot). Also changed more buttons to set now, because at some parts the caption "install" was just not true, so I changed to set now

now that I finished my 40hours/week internship I have allot of spare time to code because I have every monday and wednesday off for now :)

brconfiguratorbeta4_preview.png

Last edited:

banditos88

Aug 20, 2008
Hi

I installed the Battery and took a closer look to it.
Is it right, that the permissions arent´t set to "rwxrwxrwx" ?
And in the TextViewer i saw that the first line with " #!/system/bin/sh"
is missing??!!
Is this allright so?

Thanx

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Hi

I installed the Battery and took a closer look to it.
Is it right, that the permissions arent´t set to "rwxrwxrwx" ?
And in the TextViewer i saw that the first line with " #!/system/bin/sh"
is missing??!!
Is this allright so?

Thanx
I fixed it and it will be working in beta 4, think it's coming pretty soon. Thanks for pointing it out btw ;)

Added changelog for rc4 in 3rd post if you are intersted

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
:)

Question: I changed it manually, will that work to?
of course, if you add that line and change: echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisec to echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs (so a "s" on the end) in linux format then it will work :)

If anyone wants to test beta 4, let me know ;)

Last edited:

chasemyass

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
of course, if you add that line and change: echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisec to echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs (so a "s" on the end) in linux format then it will work :)

If anyone wants to test beta 4, let me know ;)

Sure mate...send a link for download and maybe I'll have some free time later in the afternoon ;)

sent from GT-I9001 powered by CraniumROM #8/FeaCore Phoenix OC 1.8Ghz using tapatalk ;)

Renetje666

Dec 6, 2011
Dordrecht
Totaly love the Configurator! Keep up the work you do! Tomorrow i'm gonna put boordROM rc2 on a phone from a friend of my. She is still on stock so i think a world is gonna open for her :p

iLpirLa

Jan 4, 2012
ok finally.. here I am :D

I found some minor bugs I think using your configurator (from beta 2 and still in beta 4) or maybe it's my phone that has something wrong..

1- when Im using the configurator and I press on "Reboot" button why it says "rebooting in recovery mode" and takes me to the recovery mode? I mean there's a "recovery reboot" button for that ...

2- issue with governors.. I tried to change the governor from the configurator (to smartassv2). When I press on Set now it effectively change the governor (verified with set cpu & antutu cpu master) but if I do a reboot, it swaps back to ondemand
I tried also to press on "set on boot" and in this case, after rebooting, both set cpu and cpu master tell me Im under "ondemand" .. NB: this not occurs with I/O..I changed correctly to sio and it remains on sio

3- themes question.. in your "hints" over the themes section you suggest to use the latest theme version, so I updated from the ICS v1.7 + mods to the 3.0+mods... but I noticed that now the big caller photo returned small as default and also it has disappeared the "flip to mute and non increasing ringtone volume" tweak.. is it only my problem?

Thanks for your awesome job and for letting me try your beta 4 :)

sry if I didnt post before but I hadn't enought permission (my post counter was under 10)..

Last edited:

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
ok finally.. here I am :D

I found some minor bugs I think using your configurator (from beta 2 and still in beta 4) or maybe it's my phone that has something wrong..

1- when Im using the configurator and I press on "Reboot" button why it says "rebooting in recovery mode" and takes me to the recovery mode? I mean there's a "recovery reboot" button for that ...

2- issue with governors.. I tried to change the governor from the configurator (to smartassv2). When I press on Set now it effectively change the governor (verified with set cpu & antutu cpu master) but if I do a reboot, it swaps back to ondemand
I tried also to press on "set on boot" and in this case, after rebooting, both set cpu and cpu master tell me Im under "ondemand" .. NB: this not occurs with I/O..I changed correctly to sio and it remains on sio

3- themes question.. in your "hints" over the themes section you suggest to use the latest theme version, so I updated from the ICS v1.7 + mods to the 3.0+mods... but I noticed that now the big caller photo returned small as default and also it has disappeared the "flip to mute and non increasing ringtone volume" tweak.. is it only my problem?

Thanks for your awesome job and for letting me try your beta 4 :)

sry if I didnt post before but I hadn't enought permission (my post counter was under 10)..
Thanks allot for your feedback

1. Thanks for telling me I didn't even notice it! Fixed it

2. Yes, this seems to happen because of Adrenaline Shot 13 (probably). It changes back to ondemand for some reason, I've taken a look in the Arenaline Shot files but there is nothing to find about actually setting the governor to ondemand, there are some tweaks for ondemand tho.

3. No that's normal, ICS 3.0 doesn't include that, I will make an extra option for Flip to mute and non increasing ringtone

Thanks again ^^ this really helps me developing it (finding errors in something you made yourself is pretty hard ;))

Last edited:

iLpirLa

Jan 4, 2012
2. Yes, this seems to happen because of Adrenaline Shot 13 (probably). It changes back to ondemand for some reason, I've taken a look in the Arenaline Shot files but there is nothing to find about actually setting the governor to ondemand, there are some tweaks for ondemand tho.
well I thought that.. so I decided to remove Adrenaline Shot 13 and install the latest thunderbolt .. I did it throught the automated option in your beta3 .. but this still occurs.. so I dont think it's related to the adrenaline in my noob opionion :p is there a way to fix this?
3. No that's normal, ICS 3.0 doesn't include that, I will make an extra option for Flip to mute and non increasing ringtone
ah ok.. thanks a lot I was wondering were that tweak had gone :D

oh.. I forgot to tell you that I noticed also a bug on the 14buttons extended status bar in particular the first when you deactivate the lockscreen .. once it works but then you cant re-enable it (well it enables the button but won't lock )... btw a reboot seems to fix it :D maybe it's more related to the original script then your rom :)

Thanks again ^^ this really helps me developing it (finding errors in something you made yourself is pretty hard ;))
no mate thank you !

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
well I thought that.. so I decided to remove Adrenaline Shot 13 and install the latest thunderbolt .. I did it throught the automated option in your beta3 .. but this still occurs.. so I dont think it's related to the adrenaline in my noob opionion :p is there a way to fix this?
ah ok.. thanks a lot I was wondering were that tweak had gone :D

oh.. I forgot to tell you that I noticed also a bug on the 14buttons extended status bar in particular the first when you deactivate the lockscreen .. once it works but then you cant re-enable it (well it enables the button but won't lock )... btw a reboot seems to fix it :D maybe it's more related to the original script then your rom :)

no mate thank you !

I hope I can fix the CPU gov problem, because I just tested it myself and it doesn't work idd... I double checked the 06setcpugov file and it seems to be good..

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#broodROM RC2

echo "smartassV2" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

that doesn't make any changes at boot unfortunately, also checked for linux line breaks (LF) and that's also good, so I really have to find out what this could be..

And about the extended status bar, I didn't experience that bug, I think it's from the mod itself tho, not because of my rom (i hope)

Reactions: iLpirLa

iLpirLa

Jan 4, 2012
I hope I can fix the CPU gov problem, because I just tested it myself and it doesn't work idd... I double checked the 06setcpugov file and it seems to be good..

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#broodROM RC2

echo "smartassV2" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

that doesn't make any changes at boot unfortunately, also checked for linux line breaks (LF) and that's also good, so I really have to find out what this could be..
so it seems it's not only my phone issue :)
And about the extended status bar, I didn't experience that bug, I think it's from the mod itself tho, not because of my rom (i hope)
yeah.. quite sure not your fault :)
I'll let you know if I found out some other bug/issue.. let me know also if you need betatesting the governor fix (whenever you find a solution :p )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gsplusconflogo.png

Galaxy S Plus Configuration, the easy way of configurating your ROM
    Works on XXKPS, XXKPG, XXKQ1, XXKQ6 ROMS.

ROM Requirements:

• Rooted
    • Deodexed

If your ROM does not have the above things, don't even think about it!, it will put you in a bootloop or it will brick your phone
    Use the "/nocheck" parameter to skip the authentication or go to src/settings/ and open settings.broodromconfig. now change enablecheck to 0

- BETA 4 Features -

• Install your favorite kernel (all available i9001 kernels):

• Feacore 1.4 (1.4 GHz)
    • Feacore 1.4 (1.8 GHz)
    • Cranium Kernel v6 (1.9 GHz)
    • Cranium Kernel v6 (1.93 GHz)
    • Cranium Kernel v6 (1.996 Ghz)
    • Cranium Kernel v6 (2.016 GHz)
    • Cranium Kernel v7 (1.92 GHz)
    • Cranium Kernel v8 (1.4 GHz)

• Choose a system accelerator (automated installation)

• Universal Adrenaline Shot 13
    • Thunderbolt v2.5.1

• Set CPU Governor

• conservative
    • ondemand
    • performance
    • smartassV2
    • brazilianwax (Cranium Only)
    • smoothass (Cranium Only)
    • SavagedZen (Cranium Only)
    • interactive (Cranium Only)
    • interactiveX (Cranium Only)
    • lagfree (Cranium Only)
    • minmax (Cranium Only)
    • Scary (Cranium Only)
    • userspace (Cranium Only)
    • powersave (Cranium Only)

• Set I/O Schelduler

• bfq
    • noop
    • deadline (Feacore 1.4 + Cranium)
    • cfq (Feacore 1.4 + Cranium)
    • sio (Feacore 1.4 + Cranium)
    • vr (Cranium Only)

• Choose keyboard

• ICS Grey Keyboard
    • ICS Black Keyboard
    • ICS Glossy Keyboard
    • ICS Light Chrome Keyboard
    • XXKPS Stock Keyboard

• Other options and actions

• Choose GPU Driver
    • Enable/Disable Media scanning
    • Choose boot animation (RC 1/2) or choose a custom one
    • Install extended status bar (scrollable, 14 buttons)
    • Install extra languages (locale app, arabian)
    • Choose boot sound (standard, feacore, none) or choose a custom one
    • Choose a GPS Server (14 Servers available)
    • Choose a DNS Server (5 Servers available)
    • Choose a APN List (Default, Cyanogenmod APN List)
    • Enable, Update or Disable AdBlocker (hosts file)
    • Wipe selected partition
    • Calibrate battery, Install battery tweak, Battery hints
    • Recover from bootloop
    • Turn phone off, reboot phone, reboot in recovery, reboot in download
    gsplusconflogo.png

Development & Changelogs

- Changelog BETA 4 -
    • New: File, Options and Help menu, containing the following items:
    • File > Restart, Exit
    • Options > Preferences
    • Help > Credits, About

• New: Options (Preferences)
    • - Enable/Disable authentication (I removed /nocheck parameter)
    • - Enable/Disable auto check for updates
    • - Enable/Disable safe mode (always mount /system)
    • - Enable/Disable pause command after processing a batch

• Fixed: All files that possibly could cause errors because of the windows linebreaks (su -c "busybox dos2unix ...")
    • Fixed: Batch files having incorrect way of closing
    • Fixed: Update hosts file crashing broodROM Configurator (in beta 4 preview)
    • Fixed: Reboot button rebooting phone in recovery
    • Fixed: Incorrect number of quotes in 06setcpugov, 07setio
    • Fixed: Missing text in 08batterytweak making it not work
    • Fixed: Pushing i9001 default boot sound resulting into "to be implemented" messagebox (forgot it somehow)
    • Updated: batch files to be able to act with auto pause option, also more file permissions are added
    • Updated: Overall stability of the app
    • Changed: CPU Governor & I/O Schelduler can now be chosen to be set at boot or to be set directly
    • Changed: Extended Status Bar text to Extra Mods
    • Added: Flip-To-Mute & Non Increasing Ringtone under Extra Mods section

- Changelog BETA 3 -
    • New: Available in archive (.rar) or installer (.exe)
    • Fixed: Kernel installation not restarting phone in recovery mode
    • Fixed: Boot animation installation of RC2 default and RC2 by Sweetez not working
    • Fixed: Instructions of Thunderbolt installation
    • Fixed: Automated installation of Adrenaline Shot 13 not removing bolt_scripts properly
    • Fixed: Locale app installed after a reboot (replaced "adb push" by "adb install")
    • Fixed: Automated installation of Extended Status Bar not working
    • Fixed: Automated uninstall of Extended Status Bar not working
    • Fixed: Double quotes at words (""authenticate/locale"")
    • Added: Mouse over hints on every section
    • Added: ICS v3.0 Theme (battery charged notification removed)
    • Added: One click to update/enable/disable hosts file (no adds)
    • Added: ICS Keyboards by fadzlihellmuth
    • Added: ICS boot animation
    • Updated: Thunderbolt v2.3.13 to Thunderbolt v2.4
    • Replaced: "Restore defaults" by "Recover from bootloop function"

- Changelog BETA 2 -
    • Added: 10 New CPU Governors (Cranium Kernel Only)
    • Added: 4 New I/O Scheldulers (Cranium Kernel & Feacore 1.4)
    • Added: 14 GPS Servers (like Fasterfix)
    • Added: 2 New DNS Servers
    • Added: broodROM RC2 alternative bootanimation by Sweetez
    • Added: Complete credits list
    • Added: Power Controls (Extended status bar like widget)
    • Updated: Thunderbolt v2.3.10 to Thunderbolt v2.3.13
    • Fixed: Incorrect GPS config file
    • Fixed: Incorrect Arabian Patch (causing bootloop)
    • Fixed: Kernel installation not working
    • Fixed: Bug in batch scripts if /system is not mounted
    • Changed: Added option "Automated installation" for some items (on-the-fly instead of CWM)
    • Changed: Proper removal of previous system accelerator and installation without CWM
    • Improved: All bat files
    • Improved: Updater
    • Improved: Battery tips

- Changelog BETA 1
    • Added: "Check for Updates" keep the client up to date with this function
    • Added: Feacore Phoenix 1.4 oc/nonoc, Cranium Kernel v8, Thunderbolt 2.3.10, Extended Status Bar
    • Changed: Small/Large Caller photo settings to Extended Status Bar installation
    • Fixed: All broodROM RC2 scripts now in linux format (Linefeed instead of Carriage Return Line Feed)

- Changelog BETA 0
    • Initial (private) release

- Development -

Coming soon..
    Here is a preview of beta 4 ;)

Added menu, this includes: (File > Exit), (Options > Preferences), (Help > Credits) & (Help > About)

Options in preferences GUI: Enable/Disable authentication, Enable/Disable auto check for updates, Enable/Disable safe mode, Enable/Disable pause command after processing a batch (I think people will especially like the fact that skipping the authentication with a parameter isn't needed anymore. Also safe mode is recommended :))

For CPU and I/O I added set now buttons, (changed install to set on boot). Also changed more buttons to set now, because at some parts the caption "install" was just not true, so I changed to set now

now that I finished my 40hours/week internship I have allot of spare time to code because I have every monday and wednesday off for now :)

brconfiguratorbeta4_preview.png