[Q] Soft bricked Sensation. Please help/

Search This thread

dale303

Sep 16, 2010
Hi there. I've somehow managed to softbrick my Sensation. It's on a permanent whitescreen/green HTC logo reboot loop.

Booting into bootloader, it says I have...

Firmware - 3.32
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.110
RADIO-11.22.3504.07_M
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012.17.33.24

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

The looping boot means I can't log in via ADP.

Anyone know how to dig my way out of this hole?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hi there. I've somehow managed to softbrick my Sensation. It's on a permanent whitescreen/green HTC logo reboot loop.

Booting into bootloader, it says I have...

Firmware - 3.32
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.110
RADIO-11.22.3504.07_M
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012.17.33.24

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

The looping boot means I can't log in via ADP.

Anyone know how to dig my way out of this hole?

did you try to flash a custom rom?
what recovery do you have?

dale303

Sep 16, 2010
You use fastboot to flash the recovery.img available from the 4ext website. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Of course. the img is either very well hidden or not available from the website :-/

Never mind. I found once elsewhere except...

I can't use fastboot or adb as the phone is not being recognised using usb.

Phone constantly rebooting so get the usb connected, then disconnected dings but won't stay awake long enough to lock in.

If I load the bootloader first than try I get all sorts of device not found errors.

"adb > devices" reveals nothing

"adb reboot-bootloader" = "error device not found"

etc.

(BTW all these work on my HTC One so it's more likely my Sensation that's not set up right here. In fact my Sensation used to work via USB, now it doesn't)

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Of course. the img is either very well hidden or not available from the website :-/

Never mind. I found once elsewhere except...

I can't use fastboot or adb as the phone is not being recognised using usb.

Phone constantly rebooting so get the usb connected, then disconnected dings but won't stay awake long enough to lock in.

If I load the bootloader first than try I get all sorts of device not found errors.

"adb > devices" reveals nothing

"adb reboot-bootloader" = "error device not found"

etc.

(BTW all these work on my HTC One so it's more likely my Sensation that's not set up right here. In fact my Sensation used to work via USB, now it doesn't)

Use volume down and power to boot into hboot, from hboot use the volume buttons to select fastboot and use power to select it. Connect the device to the computer via USB and wait for drivers to install if necessary. Then you can use the fastboot commands to flash the recovery.img use

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Where recovery.img is the name of the .IMG you have downloaded and placed into your fastboot path.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dale303

Sep 16, 2010
Use volume down and power to boot into hboot, from hboot use the volume buttons to select fastboot and use power to select it. Connect the device to the computer via USB and wait for drivers to install if necessary. Then you can use the fastboot commands to flash the recovery.img use

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Where recovery.img is the name of the .IMG you have downloaded and placed into your fastboot path.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oof! I was connecting the USB too early. Wasn't getting the FASTBOOT USB section.

Thanks.

Nearly there now.