[Q] Device bricked - Not booting after attempt at downgrading

Search This thread

sitelister

Jun 2, 2006
After upgrading to 4.4 beanstalk tried to downgrade by installing FTF of 4.3 ROM. Ever since all I can do is get into FlashMode and FastBoot (using Flashtool), and am able to install FTFs and fastboot boot.img, but the device never turns on (and doesn't vibrate when I press the power button). Tried unlocking, re-locking, running Sony's Update (but it says the software is incompatible so it won't upgrade), different FTFs and BOOT.IMGs.

All I want is to get back to a locked, official ROM.

Help!

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1
After upgrading to 4.4 beanstalk tried to downgrade by installing FTF of 4.3 ROM. Ever since all I can do is get into FlashMode and FastBoot (using Flashtool), and am able to install FTFs and fastboot boot.img, but the device never turns on (and doesn't vibrate when I press the power button). Tried unlocking, re-locking, running Sony's Update (but it says the software is incompatible so it won't upgrade), different FTFs and BOOT.IMGs.

All I want is to get back to a locked, official ROM.

Help!

While flashing ftf have u wiped data,appslog,cache

Sent from my C6602 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sitelister

Jun 2, 2006
Flashtools state that the version of the software can't be upgraded (it was a custom KitKat rom). Also tried the most up-to-date flashtool that I could find (0.9.13.0).
Is the downgrade from 4.4 even possible? Is there an order in which I should be installing using FlashTool?