[Q] Nexus s Root with broken power button

Search This thread

Haze77

Sep 9, 2010
Hi. I am new to android and trying to root my Google Nexus S which has a broken power button, so can't use the normal methods.
I have searched but cannot find a way of unlock and or rooting without the power button.

My question is that is it possible to root without the power button working? Can it be done through some terminal commands? I have tried the one click root for Nexus S and that did not work either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Hi. I am new to android and trying to root my Google Nexus S which has a broken power button, so can't use the normal methods.
I have searched but cannot find a way of unlock and or rooting without the power button.

My question is that is it possible to root without the power button working? Can it be done through some terminal commands? I have tried the one click root for Nexus S and that did not work either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on what Android version you are running. If it's Gingerbread, yes. Otherwise, no.

Haze77

Sep 9, 2010
Depends on what Android version you are running. If it's Gingerbread, yes. Otherwise, no.

it says Android version 4.1.2, baseband version i9020xxki1, kernel version 3.031-g5894150

When I used the one click script and it went into fast boot mode, I am sure it said bootloader unlocked or something similar in red.

Thanks.

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
it says Android version 4.1.2, baseband version i9020xxki1, kernel version 3.031-g5894150

When I used the one click script and it went into fast boot mode, I am sure it said bootloader unlocked or something similar in red.

Thanks.

One click can't do nothing if you're not able to press power when you need to unlock fastboot.

You're pretty much SOL.

Reactions: leafsacc

leafsacc

Mar 21, 2012
Where to buy Power Button then?

I have the same issue -_-.... :banghead:

I am in the exact same situation! Trying to root without a power button.

I'm not at the banghead stage yet, but I'm trying to look for a power button replacement.

Can anyone share with me where you bought your power button for the Nexus S from?

thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

One click can't do nothing if you're not able to press power when you need to unlock fastboot.

You're pretty much SOL.