[ROM][Official] ReVolt DNA JB 4.3 *HALO*AOKP*PA*CM10.2*Hybrid*PIE* CDMA/GSM 8.19.13

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I only mentioned coz I was surprised that camera worked pretty good on PAC but not here.

PAC was CM based, this is AOKP based, so certain things relying heavily on CM source may have issues here, like the camera. Seeing as the camera is still kind of broken I don't think diving into it is needed yet.

I'll have time this afternoon to see what may be causing it, but as it works in CM fine I'm not sure what might have broken it here.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - PAC v22.1.1

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Is there a way to re map the hardware buttons? Would love to change my recents button to short press menu button

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Is there a way to re map the hardware buttons? Would love to change my recents button to short press menu button

Seems they left that out, its a CM option. Closest is the 3 dot menu button.

Edit: not that I recommend it, but if you set it in PAC and dirty flash it seems to persist, my recent apps long press is still set to menu.

Last edited:

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
I dunno if it helps but Camera360 is also crashing. I have also tried couple of other camera zips for stock camera

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I dunno if it helps but Camera360 is also crashing. I have also tried couple of other camera zips for stock camera

See post 23, basically since this isn't CM based the CM heavy camera won't work at all right now, since Chad has mentioned updating some more stuff from HTC source for 2.06 its best to just wait for now, it may work, it may not, but no point messing with it when I may not have to.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Guest what, I'm an idiot. Its not due to sources, its due to me mixing up the camera changes, somehow I got it screwed up from the PAC tree to the ReVolt tree, camera will (I think) be working when I build later this afternoon.

Noticed the old camera wrapper was in place, which means commits past that bare in place, but not the wrapper being removed so it broke the camera completely.

Needed to add in the speakerphone commit also anyways, new builds will be up today. I should check ChaOS also, it may have the same mistake made...

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - ReVolt

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
Guest what, I'm an idiot. Its not due to sources, its due to me mixing up the camera changes, somehow I got it screwed up from the PAC tree to the ReVolt tree, camera will (I think) be working when I build later this afternoon.

Noticed the old camera wrapper was in place, which means commits past that bare in place, but not the wrapper being removed so it broke the camera completely.

Needed to add in the speakerphone commit also anyways, new builds will be up today. I should check ChaOS also, it may have the same mistake made...

I am glad, it is not too much work. That means we'll get the working camera today itself without too much effort from ur side

Jul 26, 2012
Seems they left that out, its a CM option. Closest is the 3 dot menu button.

Edit: not that I recommend it, but if you set it in PAC and dirty flash it seems to persist, my recent apps long press is still set to menu.

I'm going to give this ROM a try based on what you've described so far. There definitely is some 'fighting' in the settings between PA/AOKP in PAC. That said, the hardware remapping is a very nice feature. Good to know a dirty flash retains that. Hopefully there won't be other residual problems.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I cant figure how to change recents apps button to menu. If anybody knows it off the top of their head, please chime in. Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Just saw, Chad pushed some radio and other changes too http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185098&page=41

Read back a little bit, this was just discussed. And yes I know, I watch his git and I already said a new build was coming today.

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Read back a little bit, this was just discussed. And yes I know, I watch his git and I already said a new build was coming today.

To be honest I am really starting to notice little features that PAC has that Revolt doesn't. It's a shame they have left some of the features out as the ROM does seem to run a little bit smoother than PAC. I noticed AOKP circle battery is not amongst the battery options in ROM Control. I know this isn't a big deal but some might want to know.

This might also be covered many times but I will mention it anyway. Regardless of which AOSP ROM I am using, whenever I end a call I always receive this message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

In some cases it interferes with the next call coming through (people can't connect)

Nov 21, 2012
To be honest I am really starting to notice little features that PAC has that Revolt doesn't. It's a shame they have left some of the features out as the ROM does seem to run a little bit smoother than PAC. I noticed AOKP circle battery is not amongst the battery options in ROM Control. I know this isn't a big deal but some might want to know.

This might also be covered many times but I will mention it anyway. Regardless of which AOSP ROM I am using, whenever I end a call I always receive this message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

In some cases it interferes with the next call coming through (people can't connect)

Yeah, those things are almost deal-breakers. Having configurable keys is a huge deal for me and I hope dirty flashing doesn't cause any problems. Is there any way to include those options?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Yeah, those things are almost deal-breakers. Having configurable keys is a huge deal for me and I hope dirty flashing doesn't cause any problems. Is there any way to include those options?

Possibly, it'll involving bringing more CM code over as that was under their settings in PAC. If anyone wanting this feature added can help me out, head over to their git and find the commit dealing with this, and I'll see about adding it in. I really don't have the time to track that thing down from who knows how far back, but if a few people look, chances are greater it'll be found. Or maybe since it carries over from system wipes, it can be set elsewhere. I'll be looking into it, never had to address this in a ROM before.

I didn't think it would be a deal breaker since the menu button can be added at will in ROM Control, it acts the same way as a nexus 7/ galaxy nexus/etc and its the more preferred method for me, anyways, I hate having to press a button for that, its one of my biggest gripes against sense ROMs, really.

Nov 21, 2012
Possibly, it'll involving bringing more CM code over as that was under their settings in PAC. If anyone wanting this feature added can help me out, head over to their git and find the commit dealing with this, and I'll see about adding it in. I really don't have the time to track that thing down from who knows how far back, but if a few people look, chances are greater it'll be found. Or maybe since it carries over from system wipes, it can be set elsewhere. I'll be looking into it, never had to address this in a ROM before.

I didn't think it would be a deal breaker since the menu button can be added at will in ROM Control, it acts the same way as a nexus 7/ galaxy nexus/etc and its the more preferred method for me, anyways, I hate having to press a button for that, its one of my biggest gripes against sense ROMs, really.

Thanks Ill dig around in the settings for it. Is there a new build coming soon or should I just flash the most recent build? I ask only because I have a few system things(build prop, secure settings, adblock etc) and I have to redo it every flash so I try to avoid it if I can.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Thanks Ill dig around in the settings for it. Is there a new build coming soon or should I just flash the most recent build? I ask only because I have a few system things(build prop, secure settings, adblock etc) and I have to redo it every flash so I try to avoid it if I can.

I just put up builds a few minutes ago, marked 2 (or B2, or Build 2, etc). These included chad's work for today concerning RIL and camera libs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As good a place as any to post this.

Pio-masaki.com is being shut down due to a Cease and Desist order sent against the host by Google and homeland security. I have no idea why, however until this is sorted out, and to avoid any possible or further legal issues, the site is down for a period of time that can be a day or forever. This includes any and all ROMs, kernels, gapps packages, for any and all devices, that were hosted on pio-masaki.com.

I apologize in advance for this as I know some ROMs are only available at pio-masaki.com, but it is out of my hands, the host has to consider their own safety, and has my 100% agreement and backing in taking down the site until the matter is resolved.

As this is a very large matter, and one that has us incredibly scared, I'm retreating from android for the time being, until I know what it was that I did that was illegal, and may return once this is cleared up and blows over.

After this is cleared up the hosting for pio-masaki.com may still remain offline as the hoster has some personal issues with me at this point and may or may not continue to host for me, should we resolve our differences it may return.

If by some chance Google or whoever sent the C&D notices this, I urge you to contact me as I was responsible for what was hosted, and would genuinely like to know what the issues are so we can get them resolved immediately.

I will be making similar postings or editings to any other ROM threads that link to pio-masaki.com.

revolt-banner-2_zps4b2ba4d1.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

ReVolt features (taken from THIS POST as I suck at making posts, removed non relavent lines)

Built from ReVolt Sources | Based on Android 4.2.2 JellyBean
    ROM Control Features (from AOKP)
    Hybrid Engine | Paranoid Preferences (Thanks to PA Team)
    Per-App-Color
    AOKP Ribbons
    CyanogenMod Profiles
    Power Widget
    Notification Shortcuts
    Navigation Bar Color
    Status Bar Color
    Option to select Saving Location in Camera
    Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys
    Multi User Option
    Advanced Phone Options from CyanogenMod (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Sec., On Call waiting and Hangup)
    Different Pattern Sizes
    Apex Launcher
    Nova Launcher
    Trebuchet Launcher (ReVolt Version)
    cLock App (Lock Clock) (CyanogenMod)
    Expanded Desktop (Hide StatusBar & Navigation Bar)
    Pie UI (Paranoid Android)
    Font Size Controlling
    TouchWizUX Launcher
    DPI Changer
    CRT On / Off Effect Controller
    Lock Screen Targets (CyanogenMod)
    Lock Screen Shortcuts (Paranoid Android)

How is this different from PAC-man?
    This is based on AOKP source with cherry picks from CM, its also a much cleaner implementation of the 3 ROMs into a single ROM. Features wise they are very similar in the offered tweaks and options and is mostly a personal preferance.

Change log:

5.17.13: Initial release
    5.17.13 B2: Correct a mistake on the camera and audio side of the tree, updated with chad's most recent commits concerning RIL, speakerphone and camera libs.
    5.19.13: Camera now works (as in, it opens, takes a picture and doesn't melt your phone or cause world war 19).
    Updated sources
    Updated chad's trees
    Audio files are now included, for whatever reason there wasn't a call for them, and there were none, so I moved them over and added them into the build.
    Added HALO to be built with the ROM. While HALO the APP works, the PA framework for it is still missing, so don't get excited. It's just groundwork being started.

5.25.13 Resynced to chad's trees
    Updated sources
    BT audio should now work properly
    Probably more, I haven't had much time to test

6.01.13 Resynced to chad's trees
    Updated sources
    Whatever is fixed up to the touch screen fixes chad did today, this isn't included.
    Basically just a nightly build.

6.08.13 Synced up to chad's trees
    Updated sources
    Built against the chad kernel branch, not fb, crpalmers kernel may work with this build

Halo implemented

Synced up with Chad again, sound/UI/more
    Synced up with ReVolt sources
    Just an updated build while I catch up on the changes that have occured in my little vacation

Finally caught ReVolt back up with PAC and Carbon
    Synced with the same updates PAC and Carbon received last week

From here down only use 4.3 GApps!
    Updated to 4.3
    Latest work from chad and friends
    Compatible with crpalmer's latest masterpiece

BUGS:
    Usual CM10.1 bugs exist for the most part here as well, uses chad0989's trees and kernel source for base.
    No settings or ability to set Menu to the app switcher key, I'm working on this.​
    Instructions:

Please clean flash this, there's so many extra settings that dirty flashing will likely cause problems. If you dirty flash, please don't report any issues until you flash clean and the issue occurs again!

Please use a proper 4.2.2 Gapps package, using inversed or any modded versions can and likely will cause issues, please use the current 4.2.2 from goo.im, if you use inverted or modded Gapps, please don't report issues until you clean flash with a proper package from goo.im!

If you are not S-OFF you will need to extract the boot.img and flash it separately, either flashGUI or fastboot, your choice, needs done.

S-OFF:

Download the ROM for your needs, CDMA or GSM.
    Download the current 4.2.2 Gapps from goo.im
    Place files someplace useful
    Boot into recovery
    This part assumes you know how to operate your installed recovery
    Wipe system
    Factory reset
    Wipe dalvik
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Let settle for a few minutes after booting
    Setup phone as usual

If you have issues on first boot, flash the ROM only, then after it boots, reboot and flash Gapps then manually setup your phone in settings.

CDMA version: for use with Verizon, NOT for any other network.

GSM version: for use with GSM carriers, NOT for Verizon.

Downloads:

New hosting donated by diesburg! You can find my files here http://pio-masaki.com

Please visit here for the updated ROMs. Just look for the newest dated ROM as usual. This prevents me having to link each build twice.

I apologize for the inconvenience, the owner has decided to take down the site and hosting, please visit HERE on androidfilehost for the ROM downloads, they are dated.

Verizon Droid DNA ONLY! Not for any other device!
    FAQS
    If you didn't read the bugs list in the first post, go back up and read that now, asking the same questions over and over is a trademark of xda and I hate it, please read the change log and bug list before posting questions or reporting issues.

Q. I want to report an issue, can I just post it in your thread without reading or doing any basic troubleshooting, googling, reading or wiping?
    A. Well you CAN, you may be ignored or flamed for it. Please read above, and please read the Bugs and Change Log lists before reporting anything. Please flash a clean download, flash a clean wipe, and don't restore stuff from TiBu, thats basic troubleshooting, check if the issue persists, if it does, then feel free to post about it.

Q. Is this daily driver ready?
    A. Can't answer that, what a person needs from their phone varies from person to person, what I may consider fine for my use may be 500 kinds of broken for another user. Example, I don't use my camera often, maybe once a month, and my BT has never been turned on for the last 5 devices, for me broken BT audio and camera doesn't make it a non daily driver ROM. Please read and decide for yourself if features included outweigh the broken, or if broken things are required for your comfortable use of your device.

Q. All this crap is fixed and its working great, why is it still a WIP?
    A. I consider it a WIP because things aren't 100%. Most things are 90% or less, audio is 90%, BT is 90%, camera is more like 75%, etc. Until most or all of those are 100% I consider this a work in progress. That's just hardware, there's also ROM issues to consider. I'll remove WIP when camera, audio and BT are fully functional, meaning BT audio/data/whatever works, audio streaming works (doesn't have issues via streaming services), has proper audio routing and uses the amplifier, and camera can consistantly take pictures, record videos, and not crap out randomly. Basically all hardware works normally. This isn't a shot at anyone's work, this is how I am about my ROMs, not saying anything about anyone else's work.

Q. How can I build my own versions?
    A. The DNA is now an officially supported ReVolt device, the necessary files can be retrieved and directions found in the revolt-rom git. Further build questions can be directed to me if needed.

Q. Phone crashes everytime I answer a call, end a call, or look at my phone!
    A. This happens for some GSM users when the ROM doesn't automatically choose GSM/WCDMA Preferred. This can be set at:
    Settings>Wireless & Networks/More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode> Tick GSM/WCDMA Preferred. Toggle airplane mode sometimes helps to get the radio to reset and pick up the changes.

Q. Your files all download as index.php!
    A. This happens on certain browsers, namely the stock browser and Chrome. You can either use another browser (naked and dolphin don't do this) or simply rename the file to something useful, like "piostotallyepicawesomesaucedrizzledromthatrocksyourass.zip"

Thanks
    johnhany97
    Paranoid Android
    AOKP
    CyanogenMod
    chad0989
    flyhalf205
    drewx2
    crpalmer
    More I'm sure

Kernel source used: https://github.com/CM10DNA/android_kernel_htc_dlx
    I see you have a build of Carbon, I can't wait to try it.

Its available on my site since yesterday, mentioned it in the ROM request thread. I got the go ahead to release it unofficial and carbon and PAC are pending official status once I figure out gerrit...

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon