[Q] Returning to AT&T ROM

Search This thread

dmontes

Sep 25, 2008
Miami, FL
Several months ago, I followed the process many on these forums did of developer unlocking my Nokia Lumia 920 via the Canada Rogers ROM. For a while it was great, but I would like to now return it to the AT&T ROM, as all the updates I believe are caught up. Some of my apps, including some Nokia ones, seem to not play well with this developer ROM, and my WiFi is hit or miss at home now, possibly due to this ROM. Is there any way to un-developer unlock my phone?

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Several months ago, I followed the process many on these forums did of developer unlocking my Nokia Lumia 920 via the Canada Rogers ROM. For a while it was great, but I would like to now return it to the AT&T ROM, as all the updates I believe are caught up. Some of my apps, including some Nokia ones, seem to not play well with this developer ROM, and my WiFi is hit or miss at home now, possibly due to this ROM. Is there any way to un-developer unlock my phone?
What is you Hardware Product Code?
The Hardware Product Code is generally inscribed physically on/in the drawer of the SIM card or on/in one MicroSD card), 059.......

dmontes

Sep 25, 2008
Miami, FL
I wasn't able to find any numbers on my SIM tray, and my phone is a Nokia Lumia 920, so I do not have a Micro SD slot. Is there any other way to find this number? I was also unable to find it in the "About Phone" section under Settings.

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
I wasn't able to find any numbers on my SIM tray, and my phone is a Nokia Lumia 920, so I do not have a Micro SD slot. Is there any other way to find this number? I was also unable to find it in the "About Phone" section under Settings.
Extra+info:
Value of Manufacturer Name?

dmontes

Sep 25, 2008
Miami, FL
RM-820_nam_canada_246

That is the ROM I put on there about a year ago in an attempt to update early. It was originally an AT&T Lumia 920.

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris

dmontes

Sep 25, 2008
Miami, FL
Nokia Software Recovery Tool does not recognize my phone. If I connect my phone after opening the program, it says it was unable to connect with my phone. If I select that my phone is unresponsive, it asks that I reset the phone via VolDown and Power, and try again. This also does not work. Is the Other option, Nokia Care Suite, my only option? It seems intimidating, but I can try it.

Last edited:

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Nokia Software Recovery Tool does not recognize my phone. If I connect my phone after opening the program, it says it was unable to connect with my phone. If I select that my phone is unresponsive, it asks that I reset the phone via VolDown and Power, and try again. This also does not work. Is the Other option, Nokia Care Suite, my only option? It seems intimidating, but I can try it.
For Nokia Care Suite, you have two options:
- Either you do not fully follow the tutorial and you go directly to the Software Updater module.
- Either you fully follow the tutorial (in having taken the right Product Type and the right Product Code).

Etaduck

Sep 11, 2010
Dallas, TX
There isn't a way to do it, I've tried flashing pre and post portico ATT roms, but once you flash a Rogers RM-820_nam_canada_246 you're stuck with it.

I have not however, after moving to 8.1 tried any of the new roms, or know if they are available, but might be worth a try.