Comments about RO Acudroid V3 ICS Themed - 21/02/12 on Super Smooth Android 2.3.6 JQ9

Search This thread

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011
Being a noob I am not allowed to post on the development forums...........

last night I upped my Galaxy Tab (Thai ROM) to Gengerbread 2.3.6 and Acudroid V3 ICS Themed.

1st I would like to comment about the instructions and the process:
My Tab is an important work tool for me - and I was a bit worried about bricking it and taking days to recover... BUT - I followed the instructions of Acubens - and where pointed to teamovercome.net kept following their instructions to the letter, and happily after a couple of hours my Tab was running 2.3.3 with teamover's ROM and later 2.3.6 with the Acudroid V3 ROM.

Restoring apps + data was fast and easy using Titanium and very soon I had my phone up and running just like I want it :)

As far as I can tell so far - seems everything is working fine - phone calls, sms, camera, email, GPS, wifi, GPRS, sounds and notofocations. As I didn't see and speed improvement I downloaded and installed no-frills CPU and overclocked the CPU to 1.2GHz - and now the Tab is FLYING.......

Now that I've done the up and ROM change - I hope to see more new ROMs for the TAB

wuf31

Feb 19, 2012

last night I upped my Galaxy Tab (Thai ROM) to Gengerbread 2.3.6 and Acudroid V3 ICS Themed.

CUT

ROM looks nice, I'm a noob too, would love to try Accudroid. Am using Hyperdroid right now. How's the battery life with Accudroid? Is it good?

A

acubens

1st I would like to comment about the instructions and the process:
My Tab is an important work tool for me - and I was a bit worried about bricking it and taking days to recover... BUT - I followed the instructions of Acubens - and where pointed to teamovercome.net kept following their instructions to the letter, and happily after a couple of hours my Tab was running 2.3.3 with teamover's ROM and later 2.3.6 with the Acudroid V3 ROM.

Restoring apps + data was fast and easy using Titanium and very soon I had my phone up and running just like I want it :)

As far as I can tell so far - seems everything is working fine - phone calls, sms, camera, email, GPS, wifi, GPRS, sounds and notofocations. As I didn't see and speed improvement I downloaded and installed no-frills CPU and overclocked the CPU to 1.2GHz - and now the Tab is FLYING.......

Now that I've done the up and ROM change - I hope to see more new ROMs for the TAB

Thanks for put up this thread for new members of XDA, its good to hear you like the rom, if anybody has a problem or a question please post and ask here i will monitor this thread so i can assist if needed.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

ROM looks nice, I'm a noob too, would love to try Accudroid. Am using Hyperdroid right now. How's the battery life with Accudroid? Is it good?

Battery performance is good same as any other rom with the same tweaks applied.

Cheers

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011
Small Issues

Thanks for put up this thread for new members of XDA, its good to hear you like the rom, if anybody has a problem or a question please post and ask here i will monitor this thread so i can assist if needed.

Cheers

So far 2 small issues I came accross -
1. Some notification sounds are not right - i had chrome2phone app and instead of just a short bip like it used to be - it was a non stop bipping for about 15 minutes. I removed the app and try to re-install only I can install it now for some reson. I installed for now the "browser 2 droid" instead, but the notification sound is the same 15 minutes non stop bipping...
Don't get sound notifications for "what's up", and on Gtasks. Probably some other apps that I didn't notice so far.
2. On some of the menus the text under the icons is white over white so can't see it before actually pressing it...

as for battery life - seems a shorter than the stock ROM I used before, but that might be becuase I play with the phone a bit more now...

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011
1. Some notification sounds are not right - i had chrome2phone app and instead of just a short bip like it used to be - it was a non stop bipping for about 15 minutes. I removed the app and try to re-install only I can install it now for some reson. I installed for now the "browser 2 droid" instead, but the notification sound is the same 15 minutes non stop bipping...
Don't get sound notifications for "what's up", and on Gtasks. Probably some other apps that I didn't notice so far.
2. On some of the menus the text under the icons is white over white so can't see it before actually pressing it...

as for battery life - seems a shorter than the stock ROM I used before, but that might be becuase I play with the phone a bit more now...

** I just saw you already answered for the menus problem. I am downloading the update right now... **

MAAAG

Feb 12, 2011
hi acubens,
right now i am using v3.1, but u already update to v3.1.1 wipe version.my question:
-why dont hav no wipe version?
-if i update to v3.1.1 wipe version, all my data & software missing?

A

acubens

hi acubens,
right now i am using v3.1, but u already update to v3.1.1 wipe version.my question:
-why dont hav no wipe version?
-if i update to v3.1.1 wipe version, all my data & software missing?

Hi,

To reduce the issues i only make wipe versions from now on, and nowipe will not be available. I know it is some work but see it this way i have a lot of work to make the rom available, so all i ask from you if you like to use the rom to make an backup and flash a wipe version and it is worth the trouble :) i think.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Hi, i will look into the sound problem you have, maybe those apps uses the default sound scheme of gingerbread and i have change that, so can you tell which sound they use of the system? And can you not change the settings in that app to use other sounds?

Menu is fixed as you noticed already,

If i have an update for your sound issue i will let you know..

Cheers

Last edited:

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011
Hi, i will look into the sound problem you have, maybe those apps uses the default sound scheme of gingerbread and i have change that, so can you tell wich sound they use of the system? And can you not change the settings in that app to use other sounds?

Menu is fixed as you noticed already,

If i have an update for your sound issue i will let you know..

Cheers

there is no setting menus for those 2 apps so can't change anything. The chrome2phone was working fine on my original ROM (froyo)

almotssem

Sep 5, 2010
damascus
isn`t there is Android 2.3.7 for the galaxy tab
can you use it in the next update?:confused:
but i think this is a great job you`ve done

A

acubens

isn`t there is Android 2.3.7 for the galaxy tab
can you use it in the next update?:confused:
but i think this is a great job you`ve done

2.3.7 is not available for our TAB, and i dont know if 2.3.7 will be available soon or at all but if it is i will make a rom if possible.

Cheers

A

acubens

there is no setting menus for those 2 apps so can't change anything. The chrome2phone was working fine on my original ROM (froyo)

I have looked into this and it seems to be made for Froyo and not for gingerbread so it is not supported when you using gingerbread, sorry

Cheers

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Hi Acubens,

I notice that long press power button menu (aka Device Options) doesn't offer reboot options.
can you make that for us?
Thanks for the nice ROM.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

A

acubens

Hi Acubens,

I notice that long press power button menu (aka Device Options) doesn't offer reboot options.
can you make that for us?
Thanks for the nice ROM.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Hi,

Sorry but no, i included a app called quickboot, this app shutdown or reboot your tab much faster, and you do not have to use a mechanical button that can be outworn if you use it much.

Cheers

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011

I looked for a solution and seems there is none... many users complain about the notification sound, some also mention it lasts forever (like mine...), but no 1 mention what version of Android they are using http://code.google.com/p/chrometophone/issues/detail?id=239 . It worked fine on froyo - short sound and thats it. so probably some changes between froyo and GB cuases the problem. Only way to stop the sound is by forceclosing the app :(

A

acubens

I looked for a solution and seems there is none... many users complain about the notification sound, some also mention it lasts forever (like mine...), but no 1 mention what version of Android they are using http://code.google.com/p/chrometophone/issues/detail?id=239 . It worked fine on froyo - short sound and thats it. so probably some changes between froyo and GB cuases the problem. Only way to stop the sound is by forceclosing the app :(

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback on the issue you have, it will probably never work as it is made for froyo and not for gingerbread.

Cheers

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011
WIFI

It seems I have a problem with the WIFI scanning. It only scans when I reconnect the WIFI. If I go out of the WIFI area the tab goes on EDGE as should be, but when coming into a WIFI area it wont show it nor connect to it unless I stop WIFI service and start again. Didn't have this problem on V3... Anyone else got this problem? any solution?

A

acubens

It seems I have a problem with the WIFI scanning. It only scans when I reconnect the WIFI. If I go out of the WIFI area the tab goes on EDGE as should be, but when coming into a WIFI area it wont show it nor connect to it unless I stop WIFI service and start again. Didn't have this problem on V3... Anyone else got this problem? any solution?

Hi,

Wifi scanning is set for 180 seconds to save battery, if you like to change that you can install rootexplorer and change settings in build.prop or delete the complete line and save it.

Cheers

Last edited:

mebkk

Mar 13, 2011
Change the build.prop file

Hi,

Wifi scanning is set for 180 seconds to save battery, if you like to change that you can unstall rootexplorer and change settings in build.prop or delete the complete line and save it.

Cheers

Changed it to 45 - hope it fixed the probel (will see next time I leave the office).
For the benefit of other noob's (it took me a while to find out how to do it...) here's how I managed the change step by step:
1. Used Rom Toolbox / scripter / Mount System Read Write / Run
2. Used Root Explorer to go to /system/build.prop << Long press on the file name and change permissions to rwrwrw
3. Used Astro to open the file (long press, select open as / text << select astro's text editor), located the line I wanted to change [wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180], changed the value, saved
4. Used Root Explorer to go to /system/build.prop << Long press on the file name and change permissions to rwr-r-
5. Used Rom Toolbox / scripter / Mount System Read Only / Run
6. Reboot system

Careful not to change something you are not sure about as you might brick the phone....

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
use ES File Explorer.
Just make sure you go to its setting, Root Option and enable its Root Explorer and Mount File System.

Then you can browse to "Favourite" and select the "/"
and go to systems and edit the build.prop using its own internal ES Edit note, and it even make a backup of the original file for you.

A lot less step than what you needed to do there.

Reactions: mebkk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    use ES File Explorer.
    Just make sure you go to its setting, Root Option and enable its Root Explorer and Mount File System.

Then you can browse to "Favourite" and select the "/"
    and go to systems and edit the build.prop using its own internal ES Edit note, and it even make a backup of the original file for you.

A lot less step than what you needed to do there.