[N7 WiFi | N7 3G] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

prabhash400

Jul 11, 2012
I am on stock kit Kat 4.4.2 rom. I rooted my divice with your mathed. After that how can i instal custom recovery and I want to know my bootloader is unlocked or locked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

00Zip00

Apr 29, 2012
www.openconsole.it
if you are 64bit debian/ubuntu linux and get error
sudo: unable to execute tools/fastboot-linux: No such file or directory

install this first
Install prerequisites (for 64-bit Debian/Ubuntu-based install):

sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 lib32stdc++6

ther run using "./root-linux.sh" instead "run root-linux.sh"

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
Is CF Root compatible with the new OS 4.4.3 for Nexus 2012 Wifi and Nexus 2013 Wifi?

Is CF Root compatible with Asus Nexus7 2012/2013 stock recovery and TWRP recovery?

DADER

May 22, 2008
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Xiaomi 12T Pro
the red Android logo

please guys if anyone knows how to make the red Android logo (red eye patched android) screen disappear during boot, it's annoying esp. that i am going to resell the device .
It blinks just after the google logo on startup & I've tried to reflash stock lollipop + relocking it yet there is no use .
any help is appreciated...

Last edited:

MupEHcEH

Feb 8, 2016
N7 2012 with CM12

Hi,
will the app work if the nexus is running CM12, not stock Android?
I actually want to use multirom and install Ubuntu Touch for dual boot with CyanogenMod (no stock Android), but I need to root the device now after I installed the CM.
If anyone has that dual boot scheme, I would appreciate your help :)

rostol

Jul 31, 2007
BA
Thanks for this! ... i'd love if a check to see if the BL was already unlocked to prevent a wipe .... i couldve edited the bat, but i only thought to do this now haha.

sent a small donation for a beer on me.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

will the app work if the nexus is running CM12, not stock Android?
As far as i know, CM12 is already rooted, you shouldn't need to do this at all.
http://highonandroid.com/android-howtos/how-to-enable-root-on-cm10-2-android-4-3/

mt12345

Nov 26, 2013
London
it doesnt work on 4.4.4
It hangs with prompt:
Press ENTER to continue

EDIT

It does work. Looks like I had to hold down Enter for 1sec.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download:

grouper (Nexus 7 Wi-Fi): CF-Auto-Root-grouper-nakasi-nexus7.zip
    tilapia (Nexus 7 3G): CF-Auto-Root-tilapia-nakasig-nexus7.zip

--- History ---
    2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    CF-Auto-Root has been updated with the 4.3 SuperSU. I've only been able to test the Galaxy Nexus version myself, but it should work on the N7. Let me know if it doesn't.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !
    @Chanfire, I'm new on this device, I just bought my nexus 7 32gb wifi only and I don't really like the idea of rooting it using those toolkits around here... I never like them. I also has an international galaxy s3 which I rooted using cf-auto-root and update it using mobile Odin pro.
    The thing is that I don't really understand if I should install the android sdk first on my pc (running windows 8) to use this method for rooting my n7. I want to keep it stock but rooted, just like my s3.
    My n7 has been automatically updated to 4.2.1 so I only need to root it, so please I need to know if I need to unlock my bootloader first or if I only need to connect it to the pc and run the .bat file from this post and that's it.
    Please help me here!
    Thanks a lot in advance for all your help!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Use WugFresh's toolkit. I was as hesitant as you but it was as easy as anything. Unless you know the coding and all of that I really wouldn't bother trying to do it yourself, the SDK is just to get the drivers so that you can use fastboot, then you need to unlock the bootloader and then you can root it, for the sake of all of that you can do it in 15 minutes with WugFresh's toolkit and be sure you haven't buggered it.